Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Confused!!!ACE- Dynamic Responce- Adaptive Dynamic
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
x-box

Confused!!!ACE- Dynamic Responce- Adaptive Dynamic

Hi Guys, I got really confused with ACE(Active Cornering Enhancement) - Dynamic Response- Adaptive Dynamic.

As far as I understand, ACE only available on Discovery2; while Dynamic Response is an option only available on RRS --- they are to control to make body flat when cornering, and how about Adaptive Dynamic?---is this the evolution of the previous 2 for the same purpose and available on FFRR post2010 models?

Then what is DSC-Dynamic Stability Control? what the difference between this and the above?

Many thanks in advance.

Found some from WIKI

ACE(Active Cornering Enhancement) - Dynamic Response

RR SPORTS Dynamic Response also aids off-road performance by decoupling the anti-sway bars to allow maximum wheel articulation. The system in an evolution of the acclaimed ACE (Active Cornering Enhancement) system available on the Discovery Series II but is described as proactive rather than reactive

DSC-Dynamic Stability Control

Electronic stability control (ESC), also referred to as electronic stability program (ESP) or dynamic stability control (DSC), is a computerized technology [1][2] that improves the safety of a vehicle's stability by detecting and reducing loss of traction (skidding).[3] When ESC detects loss of steering control, it automatically applies the brakes to help "steer" the vehicle where the driver intends to go. Braking is automatically applied to wheels individually, such as the outer front wheel to counter oversteer or the inner rear wheel to counter understeer. Some ESC systems also reduce engine power until control is regained. ESC does not improve a vehicle's cornering performance; instead, it helps to minimize the loss of control.

So the above is a bit clear now, how about "Adaptive Dynamic"?

Post #126139 14th Jun 2012 1:06pm
mjdronfield

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Buckingham Blue

You are nearly there..........

They are all seperate systems.

DSC has nothing to do with the other systems. Prob been out for at least 20 odd years in some guise now. It stops understeer and oversteer etc by sensing what the car is upto. If you chuck the car into a bend, or hit a greasy bit in the rain for eg, it will wind throttle back and brake individual wheels etc and stop you landing in a hedge..........within reason.

ACE is indeed Disco 2 only, and was adapted into Dynamic Response on RRS. It stops the body rolling on corners.

Adaptive Dynamic has nothing to do with body roll. It is just shock absorbers that change settings depending on the road surface etc. hard / soft and stuff.

They are totally seperate systems, but I'd imagine they do operate together a bit nowadays..........

If thats clearer.

The Wiki has more detail, but essentially, they are nothing to do with one another.........each serving their own function

Mark 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 TDV8

Previous cars :
2003 Range Rover Vogue TD6
1999 Discovery Td5 ES
1995 BMW M5 3.8 6 speed
1992 Range Rover 3.9 Efi Vogue
1992 BMW M5 3.8
1988 BMW 735i SE
1989 Ford Sierra XR4x4 2.9i
1981 Ford Fiesta Supersport

Post #126195 14th Jun 2012 6:07pm
x-box

[mod edit, no need to quote the above when replying..]

Many thanks Mark, I noticed that on RRS there is a package called dynamic pack which include both dynamic responds and active dynamic, may I ask is the 07-09 RRS HSE 3.6 tdv8 fitted this package as standard? ( an option for se?)
Also, I found that on 4.4tdv8 FFRR only has active dynamic available as an option and u cannot have dynamic responds on 4.4tdv8 FFRR?

Many thanks again

Post #126252 14th Jun 2012 10:08pm
mjdronfield

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Buckingham Blue

FFRR has never had any type of anti body roll system. Only Disco 2 and RRS.

Pity really........ 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 TDV8

Previous cars :
2003 Range Rover Vogue TD6
1999 Discovery Td5 ES
1995 BMW M5 3.8 6 speed
1992 Range Rover 3.9 Efi Vogue
1992 BMW M5 3.8
1988 BMW 735i SE
1989 Ford Sierra XR4x4 2.9i
1981 Ford Fiesta Supersport

Post #126271 14th Jun 2012 11:55pm
Post Reply  Back to top