Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > IIDTool from gap diagnostics ***Q & A ***
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 45 of 47 <123 ... 44 454647>
Print this entire topic · 
Tattiepicker

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Mariana Black

Am I able to carry out a calibration on the HVAC control door motors with the iid tool.. I am getting the code B1087-54 (2F) system programming failure - missing calibration.

Post #602447 31st Jul 2021 11:55pm
Billy'sLad

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Adriatic Blue
Re: Transportation mode

Billy'sLad wrote:
Hello all
2003 Td6 L322
Only had my car for a week, and only spent a small amount of time with her due to many other issues, life eh!
Car was delivered to me on a transporter, simply because it was too far for me to travel to get her. She has a new MOT and is good to drive but with issues.
I've started fully servicing, engine and gearbox oils and filters replaced etc so far. I've got issues with wipers, central locking and interior lighting.
Today I took delivery of my new Gap iid tool, so can now do some proper investigation.
Faults cleared except for: BPM Body Processor v4. 0xB4 Body Control Unit is in transportation mode.
Gap tool does not clear this fault at present. Any help or advice would be most appreciated.
Cheers
Mark

I have now had the opportunity to read a little of the manual and correspond with GAP engineer, who advised on procedure. Unfortunately car remains in Transportation mode.
I follow the service/test procedure for both the bcu and the suspension Transportation mode disengage sequence, and they both report that the system is now active, but as soon as I hit continue, and the gap tool reads faults again the car is still in the same state. A little frustrationg to say the least, but she still drives fine so all is not lost. I have booked her in to Worldwide LR later this month to see what they can do.
I would love to know if anyone else has ever had issues with Transportation Mode.
Cheers

Post #602528 1st Aug 2021 8:36pm
jonnyboy54321

United Kingdom 

Hi all, odd situation here.
Pal wants to borrow our car for a couple of weeks for a road trip, i trust him implicitly so happy to do it. I never go anywhere without my IID BT tool, it is, after all, a Land Rover product that we have lol.
I'd like him o take the tool with the car just in case - can he use it with his phone though? I'm not sure about accounts etc, and he can't exactly take my phone away for two weeks with him! I know you can re-download the GAP software from Play Store when you get a new handset, have done that, just don't want to lose my ability to use it when he is back!!!!!!

Cheers

John 2007 Vogue TDV8 with 255/55/20's fitted

Post #605642 5th Sep 2021 12:59pm
Landphil

United Kingdom 

The IID tool is locked to the VIN of your vehicle not your phone. Your phone is simply the portal through which you see the tool. Get your friend to download the GAP App and he should be able to find the tool on his phone and use it on your vehicle.

Post #605643 5th Sep 2021 1:29pm
Landphil

United Kingdom 

PS. You may need to give him the code to enter into his phone

Post #605644 5th Sep 2021 1:33pm
Chaz

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Santorini Black

Hi, can this software code new replacement modules (for example, replacement ABS unit on my BMW originated 4.4 V8 2003/4?

Post #606352 13th Sep 2021 2:09pm
RoamingRange

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey
FBH Software reset?

Does anyone know of there’s an option to reset the software for the FBH? Think I have a battery drain and there’s been a suggestion it can be the FBH software that is corrupted. Can’t find an option on the IID.

Post #606657 17th Sep 2021 11:21am
Johnniehec

Scotland 

Hi is it possible to see the odometer mileage reading via the GAP tool as my display is pixelated? Thank you, John.

Post #607522 27th Sep 2021 5:07pm
Caesium

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 V8 Santorini Black

Mike Edwards wrote:
2011 TDV8 4.4

My new IID won't show show the engine ECU when I try to view live values.

It can see the ECU to tell me that there aren't any faults and can check the software versions in the ECU but refuses to show me the ECU when I want to look at live values.

It works fine on various other FFRR, including 2004 TD6 3.0 & 2015 SDV8 4.4.

Any idea what is going on?

I had this with my iPad, until I rotated it into portrait mode. Seems in landscape mode loads of options are missing.

Post #607528 27th Sep 2021 6:49pm
Baltic Blue

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Baltic Blue

Johnniehec.
Go into Live values…Engine….Total distance (ml)

Click image to enlarge

Mike G reg 2.5VM Vogue Portofino red 1991- 1999
V reg 2.5td P38 Rioja red 1999- 2006
53 reg td6 Vogue Oslo blue 2006- 2015
11 reg 4.4 TdV8 Vogue SE. Baltic blue 2015- date.
https://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic56162...tty+affair

Post #607534 27th Sep 2021 8:29pm
Highroller

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 V8 Java Black
HVAC Access

Looking to purchase a new iid as it appears to cover nearly everything.

It lists the HVAC system, but I would like a little more clarification on how much does it cover?

Will it check the operation of the distribution flaps, Heater control valves, Heater temperature, Ambient temperature etc.

Any information would be much appreciated. Thanks Paul.

Post #607622 28th Sep 2021 8:10pm
Ramblin Man

England 2012 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Buckingham Blue
Guided Height Calibration - error code E17

My suspension is riding skewed so I worked through the guided height calibration procedure today.

All was going fine the first time through until the end when I got error code E17.

Okay, so no worries, a bit frustrating, but I thought I’d just work through it again. The trouble after that was that the height seemed more difficult to adjust subsequently and I could not set the rear to the 483mm setting. After a few attempts I switched to live values to see what the suspension was up to and noticed a warning telling me to wait for the compressor to cool.

Anyhow, in the end I was not able to complete the procedure successfully and (excuse the pun) was left feeling a bit deflated….. especially as Sam from Sam’s motor and machine made it look so easy on YouTube.

Can anyone help me understand:

1.) what error code E17 means ( yes I have read the manual & yes I have done a search on Google and on here )
2.) I noticed that the height adjustment did not seem to work with the drivers door open. True ? Or brain fart ?
3.) is there a max range of adjustment ? My drivers side rear corner is approx 40mm too low at normal ride height, is that outside adjustment range ?
4.) if a lot of adjustment is required can the compressor overheat ? How would I tell ? How long before it cools?

Thanks in advance!

Click image to enlarge
 TDV8 4.4 2012

Post #647443 5th Nov 2022 8:17pm
JayGee

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Orkney Grey

The guided adjustment is more problematic IME than the guides suggest. Yes the compressor can overheat and stop further adjustment, the doors need to be closed, the final values need to be updated by changing the ride height and then going into the custom height setting where it will ask for the values to be updated. Also you have to be very precise about measurements and I made a jig that plugs into the hub. If you have a faulty height sensor you will not get a good or any calibration. It's also possible worn inner bushes at the front on the arm where the sensor attaches can mess up the calibration as movement in dynamic situations may cause a height reading to change when it hasn't. Lastly (or perhaps this should have been firstly) if your car is riding skewed it's very unlikely it's a calibration error and almost certainly a component failure - air spring or height sensor. 2012 TDV8 Vogue (L322)

Post #647445 5th Nov 2022 8:33pm
Ramblin Man

England 2012 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Buckingham Blue
Guided Height Calibration - error code E17

Quote:
final values need to be updated by changing the ride height and then going into the custom height setting where it will ask for the values to be updated.

Also you have to be very precise about measurements and I made a jig that plugs into the hub.

Thanks @JayGee

Yes I agree about the precision; I made a jig as well, I used an old wheel centre cap with some pre-marked cord through a hole in the centre. It worked okay.

I rewatched the YouTube by Sam on this and can see what you mean by changing the ride height setting. Unfortunately I never get that far in the guided procedure due to the E17 error. I might give it another go later on today.

Here’s the link to YouTube for the benefit of anyone else trying this https://youtu.be/9ot3L4CHPd4 TDV8 4.4 2012

Post #647449 5th Nov 2022 9:10pm
JayGee

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Orkney Grey

First check I would do is to compare the height calibrated with actual values in the GAP tool vs the hub heights. 2012 TDV8 Vogue (L322)

Post #647476 6th Nov 2022 11:18am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 45 of 47 <123 ... 44 454647>