Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Off Topic > LCD TV
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Andy

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey
LCD TV

About a week after our break-in, we replaced the TV that was stolen and at the time, there was a deal on, if you bought online. The TV we wanted was £699 in store (Currys) but online, there was a further limited time offer of 5% off. Not a lot, but better than nothing.

When the TV was £699, it had already been reduced, making it cheaper than the lower spec model next to it (I seem to remember a higher price of £750 with a line through it)I asked the sales guy if he could match the web price, but he couldn't. So, I went home and ordered it (18th nov). It was delivered a few days later.

Yesterday, they reduced it again to £599, both instore and online! Big Cry I'm Censored off about this. I know sometimes these shops get around it by advertising it at a higher price for 28 days, but that has to be at the FULL PRICE I'm told. When it was £699, it was discounted, so they can't really use that argument.

Is there some kind of thing in place to stop this or will they refund me the difference? I've sent them an email asking for consideration being given for a further reduction. See what happens/ 2010 MY Vogue SE TDV8 3.6 Stornoway Grey- fully loaded

Post #9383 13th Dec 2009 1:00pm
RRV

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Vogue TDV6 Santorini Black

Order another then return the original.SIMPLE!! Laughing If you have nothing nice to say,say nothing at all.

Post #9386 13th Dec 2009 3:48pm
ukrangie

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Buckingham Blue

Buy it from John Lewis and use their price matching policy (before and up to 28 days after purchase). They will price match any high street store as long as it is ticketed, so places like Comptons cant be used. JL also provide 5 years on their sets and their customer service is excellent. Have a look on AVForums. There is a price matching thread and you may well be able to find the best price for the TV you are after without doing the leg work. Once you have the deal, give their undersales team a call and ask them for a price match.

If the TV hasn't been opened or at least not used, await delivery and return it. You have the right to return it under the Distant Selling Regulations once it has been delivered. I believe you also have the rights to inspect the goods but it must be returned in its original packaging.

Post #9438 14th Dec 2009 6:49pm
Andy

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Thing is, it was delivered 3 weeks ago, so I guess it's too late now. Sent a moaning email anyway! 2010 MY Vogue SE TDV8 3.6 Stornoway Grey- fully loaded

Post #9468 14th Dec 2009 9:24pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1