Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Air compressor
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
jay-p

United Kingdom 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zermatt Silver
Air compressor

I stripped my inactive pump down last night to find it looks fine, I used a little wet and dry in the bore and piston ring then reassembled with a little vacuum grease, as well as cleaning and regreasing all o-rings etc I then tried it with 12v and hey presto it sounds fine, my suspension has stayed at the same height since being unplugged 2days ago so I'm confident I have no leaks. So fingers crossed when it's back in and reset it should be ok. One thing I do want to ask about is the H M L settings on the back off the unit, from what I can assume this spring loaded valve is what holds the pressure? Mine was on L my only thought is maybe the spring was a little tired and letting pressure escape???? I've put it to H so only way to find out is get it reset and keep my fingers crossed, anybody else altered this valve?

Post #138641 30th Aug 2012 10:24pm
Rob2529

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Oslo Blue

What valve are you talking about? What faults are you showing? Have you had your codes read? [img]http://www.fuelly.com/driver/rob2529/range-rover[img/]
04, 4.4V8, Vogue Oslo Blue with LPG.
"You can sleep in your car, BUT you can't race your house!!!!"

If something can't be fixed with a hammer....... You have yourself an electrical fault!

Post #138652 30th Aug 2012 10:41pm
jay-p

On the end of the black part of the pump there's a white disc with two holes in for some kind of tool to rotate it, if its on the H setting there is more pressure on the valve inside. I've got air suspension inactive on the dash, I had it reset when I got the car 5 weeks ago, it worked fine for a few days then went again, one thing I thought of doing was leaving the heat sensor out of the pump head, this way it won't throw the overheat fault? I never use the height adjustment apart from it dropping itself on the motorway so I'm happy it's not oing to burn out or anything

Post #138662 30th Aug 2012 11:24pm
Rob2529

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Oslo Blue

Jay
Never heard of anyone doing that to the compressor. Taking the heat probe out might add other problems with the system not seeing a heat increase???? If you can get the codes read they should indicate what your problem is. They will help fix the source. Mine kept throwing a fault indicating a fuvked bag. Stripped the compressor and cleaned and greased and not had a fault since. That must be 2months ago. [img]http://www.fuelly.com/driver/rob2529/range-rover[img/]
04, 4.4V8, Vogue Oslo Blue with LPG.
"You can sleep in your car, BUT you can't race your house!!!!"

If something can't be fixed with a hammer....... You have yourself an electrical fault!

Post #138675 31st Aug 2012 7:28am
jay-p

Didnt bother taking the sensor out, although id assume that only sends a message when it gets too hot, I have read quite a few stories that the sensor can start to fail and give " too hot " signals before its actually too hot.
Anyway its all back in, just need to get it re-set. I have noticed that there are no lights in the middle now on the inhibitor switch or the ride hide indicator, is this normal? They were on before I unplugged it?

Post #138754 31st Aug 2012 12:36pm
jay-p

Heres the valve I was talking about by the way -

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green

Post #138756 31st Aug 2012 12:37pm
Meerbusch

United Kingdom 

Don´t let run the compressor in other fixings like at from the manufacturer, the both springs are adjusted in correct power. And don´t let run the compressor without the heat-sensor, and it is normal after your "refitting Wink", that the lamp is without function, so you MUST clear your fault wtih one of the 3 reset-tools..., you have changed the dryer and the pistonring??

Regards, Meerbusch TDV8 4.4 from 2012, 278.000km like new + Lancia Flavia Coupe 1964 + RRS L494 3.0 SDV6 + C220CDI Convertible 2021

Post #138794 31st Aug 2012 2:59pm
jay-p

I didnt replace anything just gave it a clean and re-assemble, the bore was not worn and the piston ring needed compressing slightly to get back in the bore so I think they were fine. What does the above spring / valve control? from what I can make out its just a relief valve, which would make sence if the spring was tired in the L position and causing the pump to struggle reaching full pressure?

Post #138815 31st Aug 2012 5:17pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1