Home > General > Now I`m confused
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Neil E

2005 Range Rover Vogue SE Td6 Java Black
Now I`m confused

Hi All,

I`m looking to buy a FFRR within the next week or two and I had narrowed my choice down to a TD6 Vogue 04/05 I.R.O. £20k, until finding this forum!

After reading many posts on this site, I`m now in a state of confusion about what model or if at all I should buy! Confused

I`ve read threads that say £20k isn`t enough to spend and I could end up with a duck, or the TD6 is too slow (I`d get it chipped if required), and the petrols are way too thirsty and don`t touch a high miler. I`ve then read that the petrol versions need to be used regulary and avoid low miles??

I appreciate the phrase "if you are worried about running costs then don`t buy one" as I also own a TVR Cerbera but surely there must be a market of FFRR owners who are in my price range and enjoy FFRR ownership. Or am I wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Neil

Can anyone steer me in the right direction as to which model (apart from the TDV8 which I know is the best but currently out of my price range) to go for?

All help will be appreciated as the clock is ticking and my Mrs (who will be mainly driving) wants to buy an RRS or X5.

Post #10581 6th Jan 2010 5:40pm
nbunney

United Kingdom 

Niel

Before Adam jumps in.

Have a look in the For Sale Section - RRUK

Post #10583 6th Jan 2010 5:51pm
RRV

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Vogue TDV6 Santorini Black

Neil,

Who said the TDV8 is the best??...Oh yeah Clarkson did!!

Supercharged 06 MY upwards everytime bud!!!!! Thumbs Up If you have nothing nice to say,say nothing at all.

Post #10584 6th Jan 2010 5:55pm
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Neil,

I have my 'chipped' TD6 Vogue for sale. AND its in your price range!

Its a 05 reg but 2006MY Facelift car in superb condition just looking for a new owner to love it as much as I have. It's a spritely car when the right people have worked their magic on it, and MUCH more economical than the 4.4V8 and 4.2 SC. Thumbs Up

Take a look and if you want to come view it let me know. She's fully prepped, valeted and just waiting for her new owner.

http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic1238.html

Adam Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #10588 6th Jan 2010 6:40pm
nbunney

United Kingdom 

Took your time Adam - Rolling with laughter

Post #10589 6th Jan 2010 6:45pm
JMC

Scotland 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Orkney Grey

RRV wrote:
Supercharged 06 MY upwards everytime bud!!!!!

Until you've run a TDV8....... Whistle Mr. Green The older I get, the more I realise that people confuse wrinkles for wisdom Smile

Post #10593 6th Jan 2010 7:09pm
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Lets not confuse Neil, he needs goood advice about cars within his price range i.e. a TD6.

Cool Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #10595 6th Jan 2010 7:12pm
Neil E

Adam

It`s a lovely motor and the spec is spot on. It`s not my colour choice though, I`m after black or silver. With the amount of advertising your doing it should go soon! Wink

Post #10596 6th Jan 2010 7:20pm
RRV

JMC wrote:
RRV wrote:

Until you've run a TDV8....... Whistle Mr. Green

I have and a TD6...both for farmers IMHO lol......SC is what a FFRR is all about Thumbs Up

Each to there own I suppose,the World would be boring if we all agreed all of the time. Very Happy If you have nothing nice to say,say nothing at all.

Post #10614 6th Jan 2010 8:50pm
itguy

2006 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Cairns Blue

Welcome to the forum.

I've recently bought a TD6 for a little over £20k (a few K over) and it certainly ticks all of my boxes.

The thing to bear in mind is.... FFRR's are expensive compared to X5s/RRSs because they're (a) more expensive to start with and (b) more desirbable.

There is NO more desirable 4x4 anywhere as far as I'm concerned, and any FFRR (TD6 or otherwise) is better than an X5 or RRS.

There is a certain feeling of 'betterness' that I get every time I sit in mine and I certainly didn't get that when I looked at the X5.

Anyway, back to the points.

FFRRs go for as little as 10k so 20k is an okay starting point and will get you something nice. Adam's is a great car and the colour really suits the FFRR. Black is nice and silver is common. Green/Blue are 'gentry' colours IMHO and give the FFRR the level of distinction it really deserves.

If you buy a warranty with the car does it really matter what miles it has? Spares / servicing will be expensive but can be kept under control by using independants.

Ask yourself this. If something big went wrong (gearbox, air compressor for suspension, turbo etc) would this make you sell the car? A full set of 20" tyres for a FFRR will set you back near £800 so that makes £2.5k for a gearbox not seem too bad.

TD6s generally do anywhere between 20 - 25mpg depending on how their driven. FFRR TD6 06MY. Cairns Blue, Blue Hide. LR 7 Spoke 20" Wheels, S/C Grill and Vents. Privacy Glass and Side Steps

Post #10618 6th Jan 2010 9:39pm
VMPP

Portugal 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Buckingham Blue

RRV wrote:
JMC wrote:
RRV wrote:

Until you've run a TDV8....... Whistle Mr. Green

I have and a TD6...both for farmers IMHO lol......SC is what a FFRR is all about Thumbs Up

Each to there own I suppose,the World would be boring if we all agreed all of the time. Very Happy

Not a 2006MY SC. For that one you're better off with the TDV8. Almost the same in gear times and a fraction of the fuel bills.

Now on a 2010SC.......500bhp.. Whistle ...Now that is worth the fuel over a TDV8, untill they create/launch a 4.0 TDV8... Very Happy

Post #10633 6th Jan 2010 10:49pm
RRV

I meant 2007 MY sorry & yes agreed a 5.0 is nice,I had one for 24 hours & it was so smooth.

I have promised myself never to go back to a Diesel,I just cant.....EVER!! Whistle If you have nothing nice to say,say nothing at all.

Post #10638 6th Jan 2010 11:22pm
VMPP

Portugal 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Buckingham Blue

Before my TDV8, I had a Grand Cherokee 4.0 petrol.

Everytime i went to the pump it brought tears to my eyes, and, after filling it up, as soon as i looked at the milleage gauge still with watery eyes, I had to drink a liter of water just to compensate the loss of fluids from the amount of tears. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Post #10641 6th Jan 2010 11:53pm
Neil E

Yes I think the MPG`s will make a factor on purchase. It`s swaying to a TD6 chipped as I`ve done my research on available LPG pumps in the local area and there are none! Big Cry Which means I`d be always on the look out for an LPG station on my travels or going out of my way just to fill up. Which I`ll soon get bored of and end up with 10 to the gallon! (heavy right foot)

Post #10645 7th Jan 2010 1:23am
The doc

2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Java Black

"I`m after black or silver"

Good choice - it's what I'd go for - Grey and Dark Blue is very nice also Thumbs Up '09 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto for the Mrs

Using the works Fiesta 1.6 TDCI Sport Van - CHROME FREE THOUGH

Searching for a nice E63 AMG or S8 V10 to replace my "wonky" TDV8

Post #10648 7th Jan 2010 10:13am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>