Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Off Topic > i'm bored
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
letsavit2

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Java Black
i'm bored

Well my range rover has gone, it was getting old, it was a pain to park in london and i was getting fed up the amount of tax i'm paying in general so running a range rover didn't help me regarding this. Was going to get a newer one but i knew after spending 30k ill just be envious of the new shape range rovers on the road which i won't be able to afford for a couple more years.

So i went and spent 30k on a new BMW 320d sport, idrive with loads of tech gadgets my 04 range rover didn't have, 50mpg driving into london over the last two weeks and £20 road tax and it still does 0-60 in 7.5 sec. Unbelievable stats and a really nice motor which i don't regret buying but;

f**k me its boring and its not a range rover.

Enjoy your fullfats guys and girls and ill see you on the new range rover site in a couple of years....... Thumbs Up 2004 black Vogue TD6

Post #149004 30th Oct 2012 10:07pm
wackyjim

Scotland 2011 Range Rover SE TDV8 Santorini Black

Look forward to that Thumbs Up

Post #149005 30th Oct 2012 10:09pm
JOKER

Scotland 

Mind don't be a stranger , we'll still talk to you Thumbs Up

Post #149007 30th Oct 2012 10:10pm
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE 5.0 SC V8 Havana

Laughing Thumbs Up All my spelling errorz are belong to me!

2023 FFRR L460
2020 Range Rover Velar

Post #149032 31st Oct 2012 9:12am
Andy

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

I foresee that £20 road tax being a thing of the past in a couple of years if this Government has anything to do with it. They are already saying they aren't making any money from this since a lot of people are buying cars with low road tax and as such, are now looking at alternatives to the RFL.

I still say 'pay as you drive' is the way forward. If you don't use the road, you don't pay. If you do a million miles a week, expect to pay more. Simple 2010 MY Vogue SE TDV8 3.6 Stornoway Grey- fully loaded

Post #149058 31st Oct 2012 12:42pm
Restless

noddy wrote:
I foresee that £20 road tax being a thing of the past in a couple of years if this Government has anything to do with it. They are already saying they aren't making any money from this since a lot of people are buying cars with low road tax and as such, are now looking at alternatives to the RFL.

I still say 'pay as you drive' is the way forward. If you don't use the road, you don't pay. If you do a million miles a week, expect to pay more. Simple

I still think by far the easiest,fairest and cheapest way to change it would be to simply put extra tax on fuel, I don't think most people are very keen on the pay as you drive black box idea.

Didn't the Government do a similar thing with diesel cars in the 90s? by making them a good incentive then hiking the price of diesel?, I agree with you, I think the same thing is going to happen to low emission cars in the next few years.

Post #149079 31st Oct 2012 2:55pm
kingpleb

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey

Problem is noddy we already PAYD as the blooming fuel tax'es cover it massively. The RFL needs to be just an admin fee every year and abolished in its current form and the first purchase one to possible stay. Its the more sensible option as RFL has never been a big generator and doing away with it would actually net more money as more people would buy the more non frugal cars and thus use more fuel Smile FFRR MY06 facelift With TDV8 Alloys Zeros/ATR's
Mantec Sump Guard, Rigid Load liner, MY10 BT upgrade.

Post #149087 31st Oct 2012 3:17pm
Flashman

England 2011 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Santorini Black

I agree with the fuel tax thing, there is no need for expensive installations of boxes or administration to monitor them. But the government would love to go for the black box thing so they can monitor us and employ 20,000 people in admin thus lowering unemployment. Tom

Current Drive
2011 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography - Santorini Black - Ivory Leather

Previous Drives
2004 Model Vogue Td6 (Touchscreen) - Java Black - Parchment Leather
1994 RR Classic 3.9 V8 Soft dash - Niagara Grey - Grey Leather
1972 Series III SWB Safari - Green (Hand Painted) - Black Plastic

Post #149108 31st Oct 2012 4:28pm
oldcro

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster 4.4 V8 Stornoway Grey

Restless wrote:
noddy wrote:

I still say 'pay as you drive' is the way forward. If you don't use the road, you don't pay. If you do a million miles a week, expect to pay more. Simple

I still think by far the easiest,fairest and cheapest way to change it would be to simply put extra tax on fuel, I don't think most people are very keen on the pay as you drive black box idea.

Didn't the Government do a similar thing with diesel cars in the 90s? by making them a good incentive then hiking the price of diesel?, I agree with you, I think the same thing is going to happen to low emission cars in the next few years.

"Pay as you drive" sounds fair but would encourage odometer clocking on a grand scale, unless confined to motorway use only which brings up other problems. Bypasses would be ignored to the detriment of towns and villages concerned.

Extra tax on fuel would only be fair if prices were standardised first. Those already paying 10p+ more per litre now would be unfairly penalised even more.

Post #149115 31st Oct 2012 4:40pm
kingpleb

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey

TBH fuel shouldn't be touched but the RFL should just be £30 a year across the board unless a totally electric vehicle or under 50g/km.

The first year balloon payment should stay to help encourage more economical vehicles but aside from that the money would be recouped through .5p of every litre sold to cover it off. FFRR MY06 facelift With TDV8 Alloys Zeros/ATR's
Mantec Sump Guard, Rigid Load liner, MY10 BT upgrade.

Post #149124 31st Oct 2012 4:54pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1