Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > Anyone with Intravee
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
cliffy

2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver
Anyone with Intravee

Guys

I need some help I wanna know how accurate the Intravee temp sensor link is on the vogue mine is going up to 233f on my display but my temp needle is bang on in the middle and with my recent water issues I just wanna make sure it's normal temp

Anyone with a 4.4v8 petrol help me please?..

Thanks
Neil

Post #156121 8th Dec 2012 1:46pm
RichardP

The temperature comes direct from the IKE (cluster), it's as accurate as the sensor.

233F is 111C which is at the top end of where it should be, but quite normal, for the BMW M62 engine, these engines do run very hot for economy reasons. If you drive it harder, it should get cooler!

This is from the BMW tech documentation for the M62

Quote:
Function of the characteristic map thermostat
The characteristic map thermostat is designed such that it opens (engine inlet) at a coolant temperature at the thermostat of 103 o
C without intervention of the integrated heating system. Due to the coolant heating up in the engine, a temperature of approx. 110
o C is measured at the point the coolant flows out of the engine (installation location of coolant temperature sensor for DME and
instrument cluster gauge). This is the operating temperature of the engine, at which the characteristic map thermostat begins to
open without control intervention.
In the event of control intervention by the DME control unit, power (12 V) is applied to the heating element integrated in the
thermostat. Heating the expansion element means that the thermostat now opens at lower coolant temperatures than would be the
case without the additional heating function (thermostat control range: approx. 80 o C - 103 o C).

and

Quote:
Coolant temperature gauge
The indicator characteristics of the coolant temperature gauge in the instrument cluster have been adapted to the higher
temperature level of the engine due to the use of the characteristic map thermostat.
The pointer of the coolant temperature gauge in the instrument cluster is located in the mid-position at coolant temperatures of
75 o C - 113 o C

Post #156160 8th Dec 2012 6:47pm
cliffy

2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

cheers richard got it running at 185F max now awhich is 85c then the thermo is opening and cooling the car down

Post #156365 9th Dec 2012 9:28pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1