Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > eBay & Bargain Spots > Pimped 02 plate
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 8 <12345678>
Print this entire topic · 
JAYBOY

Wales 2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Corris Grey

Come one now chaps this is a friendly forum and we are hear to have a laugh and help each other.

If you can afford a 2010 car than have one.
if you can afford a 2002 car with a conversion have one.

We are all here with different circumstances so let bygones be bygones and all help each other.

Love life, you only live once.

Sheep Sheep Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Martin i want a mediator job PLEASE Rolling with laughter 2020 Porsche Panamera Turbo Hybrid (V FAST)
2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 V8
2018 JCW Mini Cooper
2018 Skoda VRS

Last edited by JAYBOY on 31st Dec 2012 12:22am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #160658 31st Dec 2012 12:17am
DMRR

South Africa 2009 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Some of us have had newer ones and gone back to the older ones .... Land Rover Addict
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Previous
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
2009 5.0V8SC Autobiography
2006 4.2V8SC Autobiography
2004 4.4V8 Vogue

Post #160661 31st Dec 2012 12:21am
JohnnyDangerous

England 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black

Thats not the argument here, its the council estate conversion comment that gets my goat, its not as if a RR of that year is hard to get hold of, most are on finance or lease, I could go get one next week if I so desired either on lease or just buy one but even if I won the lottery I could never face buying a brand new car just because of the money it loses as it leaves the showroom, I doubt Mr Trommel would help you unless you happen to be wearing tweed Wink One day your life will flash before your eyes......................................make sure yours is worth watching!

Post #160663 31st Dec 2012 12:26am
stuboy00

Scotland 2006 Range Rover Vogue SE Td6 Java Black

I must agree with johnny and craig on this my RR is the MK2 l322 and I love the bus but why the F**K would I spend 80 F*****G K on a My12 when I can spend 4K on a facelift it's not about getting one over on whoever it's down to personal taste and funds which has already been said don't get me wrong I love the interior of the My12 with the virtual display and ive heard the engines and drive train are so much better etc and I would love one one day (or sell a kidney) but is it really worth all that money and depreciation? Me personally no I will be getting a council conversion (even though I don't stay in a council estate) lol F**K IT you only live once

Post #160669 31st Dec 2012 12:56am
DMRR

South Africa 2009 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Stornoway Grey

I must agree that the comment made is a very hurtful one, and really not in keeping with the forum. The advert is not a good one, and is obviously a 'home' dealer (of which there are many!). It's the advert that's the issue and not the vehicle. The OP that made the comment must surely regret the choice of words?

Had a 2010 from new, only buggy RR I owned tbh, much prefer the 2007MY facelift now, you can do more with it, have a bit more fun and not have to worry about the TFT display going blank on you (which it did whenever it got hot....)

Oh and to qualify, I have bought two of my four RR's from new. Land Rover Addict
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Previous
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
2009 5.0V8SC Autobiography
2006 4.2V8SC Autobiography
2004 4.4V8 Vogue

Post #160670 31st Dec 2012 12:59am
Philip

2019 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

JohnnyDangerous wrote:
What points would those be and why are you so worried that someone with a 10K car parked next to yours is getting the same reaction as yours does, even a RR owner though it was a 2010

I've explained as clearly as I can that it is of absolutely no concern to me what "reaction" a car may or may not get. What sort of person drives a car because of the reaction it gets? A psychologist would have a field day.

You don't need to read between the lines to see that the opposite must be true for those who facelift their cars. It's done to make the car look newer (and hence more expensive) than it is - simply a question of perceived image. I'd like to hear a compelling argument for any other reason (no doubt people "just prefer the looks" or "need LED lights for my kiddies' safety" or something equally risible).

For what it's worth putting the later bits on spoils the car for me. I think the 2010 facelift spoils the looks in any case. Your opinion may differ.

Each to their own.

Post #160675 31st Dec 2012 1:18am
JohnnyDangerous

England 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black

Its prob human nature to want to project doing well hence the popularity of these CEC's Wink but how many ordinary guys who can maybe afford an early car yet will never afford the latest shape have to do that as its the only way they will ever get the new car feeling, yes its fake but so are my wifes tits and they are still kin good fun Mr. Green After all a lot of very wealthy people who have very valuable jewelry have copies made and thats what gets worn, like you said its everyone to their own taste so why make a totally snobish and derogatory comment especially when you know full well a lot of the forum members have the CEC (council estate conversion), judging by the PM's ive had that was not a good move Thumbs Up Right im just going to check the old FFRR to make sure nothings fell off it Big Cry One day your life will flash before your eyes......................................make sure yours is worth watching!

Last edited by JohnnyDangerous on 31st Dec 2012 1:36am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #160678 31st Dec 2012 1:30am
stuboy00

Scotland 2006 Range Rover Vogue SE Td6 Java Black

Trommel for me it's not about making my bus look more expensive, it's about the details LED lights, better looking bumpers etc it enhances what is already a great looking vehicle! That's my 10p worth F**K IT you only live once

Post #160679 31st Dec 2012 1:31am
bigee

Each to their own surely?? I have just bought my first FF ....had no 'set' car in mind but ended up with a CEC.....why? simply because i like it,i would equally be just as happyif it where 'standard',every manufacturer 'facelifts' vehicles through the production run,whats so bad/different with owners doing similar?

Post #160691 31st Dec 2012 9:25am
Gazellio @ Prestige Cars

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover SE Td6 Zermatt Silver

I suggest we drop the CEC term right away as it help Range Rover ownership or forum in no way at all.

I have the funds to buy several brand new L322 if I so wished but get more pleasure from a 2006 V8 Conversion that looks like a newish L322. My choice as a dealer.

Why? Because I prefer to make money than lose it and also like to change my personal cars quite frequently and doing that with a new Range Rover is like flushing funds down the sink.

People like Craig @ Cam Tech to a great job in converting older cars for a relatively small sum making them look years younger, safer lighting and put a smile on the owners face.

I really cannot see any harm in this at all.

Gaz

Post #160701 31st Dec 2012 10:54am
wackyjim

Scotland 2011 Range Rover SE TDV8 Santorini Black

^ Thumbs Up

Post #160706 31st Dec 2012 11:08am
Bellini

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Zermatt Silver

^ Thumbs Up x2 Si. <This is my name.

I eat rat poison.

A man ain't truly been insulted until he stands buck naked in front of a woman and she didn't even notice. Or care.

Post #160707 31st Dec 2012 11:09am
Philip

JohnnyDangerous wrote:
judging by the PM's ive had that was not a good move

How will I sleep at night?

Gazellio @ Prestige Cars wrote:
I have the funds to buy several brand new L322 if I so wished but get more pleasure from a 2006 V8 Conversion that looks like a newish L322. My choice as a dealer

Does seem a popular modification amongst "dealers". More seriously, how does trying to make a car look newer and more expensive than it is give you pleasure? It doesn't drive like a new one, so are those twinkly lights really worth £4k to you? Or is it a bit like people who wear a fake Rolex?

Where is the smile on the owner's face coming from? Presumably the knowledge that the uninitiated think he's spent more on his car than he has - an ego massage for the socially insecure perhaps? (I did wonder how long it would take for something like the "safer lighting" stuff to be trotted out). If it didn't make the car look like a newer model, who would spend 50% of the car's value doing it? Absolutely nobody!

For you as a trader it obviously makes sense to facelift them (demand is clearly there), but why is no-one prepared to admit why they want a superficial replica of a newer model? Like you, I see no harm in it but I am genuinely amused as to why nobody will come out and say it ...

Post #160709 31st Dec 2012 11:17am
Gazellio @ Prestige Cars

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover SE Td6 Zermatt Silver

Why the "Dealers" in commas? Am I know being judged as a back street dealer too?

I will admit I like and get pleasure from driving a conversion that most people think is a new model. As said I hate depreciation and prefer to make money.

There is that what you want Thumbs Up

Post #160716 31st Dec 2012 11:34am
Philip

Why the "Dealers" in commas? Am I know being judged as a back street dealer too?

Of course not! Not that sort of dealer.

I will admit I like and get pleasure from driving a conversion that most people think is a new model.

At least someone is honest. Now where can I find an L405 "conversion" for my 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe?

As said I hate depreciation and prefer to make money.

Doesn't everyone?

Post #160719 31st Dec 2012 11:42am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 8 <12345678>