Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Air suspension problems
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
alz4321

2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver
Air suspension problems

Hi all, took the boy out for a little spin in the RR up some of the tracks near us. I was in off road mode everything doing what it should. I got back on the road, switched it to normal and drove on. Unfortunately I now have 3 corners in extended mode and one corner really low. I also now have the air suspension inactive warning. I drove it home and parked it and haven't had a look. I'll take it into work tomorrow and get it on a lift and have a look see whats going on. Onto the reason for this post. What should I be looking for first ? My first thought is air leak. Would these symptoms fit in with perhaps faulty ride height sensor ? I did go through quite a bit of water in the last few days. I've tried to reset the fault by doing lock to lock but no joy. I'll also plug it in tomorrow and see what faults are logged.

Post #160581 30th Dec 2012 7:00pm
47p2

Scotland 

Also check the level sensors are all attached and intact

Post #160585 30th Dec 2012 7:38pm
alz4321

2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

I think some how the water I went to detached the arm for the sensor I put that on, tried to reset it and no joy, removed the battery and refitted still no joy. I decided I'd drive it to work plug it in and reset it as I had no lights on the suspension switch. about a mile into my journey I decided to switch the switch and press the button on the off chance it might do something.... it did, the compressor fired up and normal service is now resumed.

Post #161458 3rd Jan 2013 8:11am
STEV8

England 2005 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Java Black

my eas also playing up.did an 80 mile drive the other day,half way there air suspension inactive message and no lights on dash,ride levels seemed ok though.couple of days later noticed passenger front was in access level,all the others std height.so off to my local indie to check out whats wrong.plugged in the tool and reset,lights back on and returns to normal height.error code related to insufficent air being generated but i cant remember exactly what the code was.will the code still be on his plug in unit for reference?i asked what might have caused it and he said it could need a new compressor.i did wonder if he had gone for the obvious answer because it could be a number of things.anyway,reset done and now just wait and see what happens and look for sagging etc.if fault returns go back and see if he can find the fault.what i found frustrating was that the whole system shut down and until reset there is nothing i could do,even though the compressor is obviously working to some degree.if there was a small leak in 1 bag,would the whole system shut off.thought it might have overheated but still nothing from cold.after search on the forum iwould expect to hear compressor going like the clappers but i dont think i have hardly ever heard it and never had any previous problems with it.all part of the ffrr experience me thinks Confused 05`V8 AUTOBIOGRAPHY

Post #161605 3rd Jan 2013 4:38pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1