Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > How does this work then?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Andy

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey
How does this work then?

As previously posted, I bought a set of 20" alloys off eBay, described as "very good" with tyres. When they arrived, the tyres were on the wear bars and the alloys were scratched in places, one of them kerbed. The seller stated in the ad that they were free from kerb marks.

I emailed the seller and asked for a partial refund to reflect the condition but he refused. He told me to send them back if I wasn't happy but that would have cost me £90 in courier fees.
I filed a "not as described" complaint with eBay and within 8 hours, I got a full refund from eBay. Nothing from the seller in the resolution process page.
This money surely hasn't come out of eBay funds has it? I've had nothing from the seller either 2010 MY Vogue SE TDV8 3.6 Stornoway Grey- fully loaded

Post #12431 4th Feb 2010 11:59pm
Gazellio @ Prestige Cars

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover SE Td6 Zermatt Silver
Re: How does this work then?

noddy wrote:
As previously posted, I bought a set of 20" alloys off eBay, described as "very good" with tyres. When they arrived, the tyres were on the wear bars and the alloys were scratched in places, one of them kerbed. The seller stated in the ad that they were free from kerb marks.

I emailed the seller and asked for a partial refund to reflect the condition but he refused. He told me to send them back if I wasn't happy but that would have cost me £90 in courier fees.
I filed a "not as described" complaint with eBay and within 8 hours, I got a full refund from eBay. Nothing from the seller in the resolution process page.
This money surely hasn't come out of eBay funds has it? I've had nothing from the seller either

What about the Wheels - who has them as you have the money back?

Post #12434 5th Feb 2010 12:18am
Andy

They're still in my garage. I haven't been asked to send them back. I will return them if my courier costs are covered, but at the moment, no word from eBay or the seller Shocked 2010 MY Vogue SE TDV8 3.6 Stornoway Grey- fully loaded

Post #12437 5th Feb 2010 8:39am
EDWARD757

2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Java Black

Perhaps they were not his to sell and therefore he wrote the sale off as a loss. Sounds like you have had a very good result.
Kind regards,
Ed

Post #12438 5th Feb 2010 8:40am
Andy

In the resolution section of eBay, all it said was "the seller has requested that eBay deal with the matter". No direct response from him. I'm assuming then, that eBay have taken control of this and gone in my favour. 2010 MY Vogue SE TDV8 3.6 Stornoway Grey- fully loaded

Post #12439 5th Feb 2010 8:45am
RRV

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Vogue TDV6 Santorini Black

Did you pay via Paypal?

If so check your balance it should be refunded in there which means the wheels are yours too! Thumbs Up If you have nothing nice to say,say nothing at all.

Post #12443 5th Feb 2010 9:56am
Vogue

United Kingdom 

and PayPal will have deducted it out of the sellers account. He may come knocking for the wheels or get a courier to pick them up...

Post #12447 5th Feb 2010 10:45am
dan_uk_1984

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Tonga Green

I had this recently. If it's going to be difficult to sort they eBay just refund the money and take the loss.

I bought a pre-heater with parts missing, returned it and the seller said it never turned up.

eBay refunded me £100 and the guy kept the original £100 (plus the pre-heater no doubt)

I had the same with a "not as described" item, the seller said it was fine, I said it wasn't. eBay just refunded me within a few hours.

Bare in mind the crazy money that eBay make, and for that they don't hold stock or have any physical wares. I pay eBay £150 pcm in fees, not inc paypal fees. I've just seen my spend over the last 60 days is £700 too! So they can afford the odd £100 to keep me sweet! 

Post #12454 5th Feb 2010 12:00pm
J600.COM

United Kingdom 

eBay will nearly always refund the buyer - this is known in the trade as a paypal reversal. this is what lots of scammers do to rip off sellers; in your case you've done it by mistake - but this is VERY common and lots of dodgey buyers know this (so be warned if your ever selling on ebay).

Post #12493 5th Feb 2010 7:57pm
dan_uk_1984

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Tonga Green

J600.COM wrote:
eBay will nearly always refund the buyer - this is known in the trade as a paypal reversal. this is what lots of scammers do to rip off sellers; in your case you've done it by mistake - but this is VERY common and lots of dodgey buyers know this (so be warned if your ever selling on ebay).

I do a LOT of selling on ebay, and whilst they give the buyer a refund they dont aways take it from the seller - depends on the sittuation. Especially if neither side is backing down. 

Post #12495 5th Feb 2010 8:58pm
Andy

Vogue wrote:
and PayPal will have deducted it out of the sellers account. He may come knocking for the wheels or get a courier to pick them up...

He'd better be quick then, or they're going on the car!

RRV wrote:
Did you pay via Paypal?

If so check your balance it should be refunded in there which means the wheels are yours too! Thumbs Up

Yes, the full amount is there.

So we're saying that ebay have refunded me, and it won't come out of the sellers account? 2010 MY Vogue SE TDV8 3.6 Stornoway Grey- fully loaded

Post #12567 6th Feb 2010 9:01pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1