Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Park Heater
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Tesh

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Java Black
Park Heater

I have a 2004 TD6 and would like the FBH to be able to activate the park heater to warm the car on cold mornings
My question is how can this be done?
Do I need an extra ecu or can I get the dealer to program the existing one?

Post #164813 14th Jan 2013 10:19pm
SteveMFr
Site Sponsor

Tesh, you'll have to excuse me. It's not personal. Really. Razz
Look 5 threads down in the index (at your posting time).

http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic1024.html

this from P3 earlier this eve.

SteveMFr wrote:
Sometimes it gets a tad tedious reposting this stuff. 1 page back states quite clearly what is there and what is needed. To reiterate:

- All diesel L322s regardless if TD6 or V8 had an FBH as an auxiliary heater to augment cabin heat on cold days. Petrol models only had an FBH if the park heat option was ordered.
- Park heat was an option. Park heat entails running the FBH prior to the vehicle's being started either through:
- a timer function in the main menu on the nav screen
- a remote

To make the Park heat function work, it needs to be activated with one of the following diagnostic systems:
- LR OEM T4/IDS/SDD
- Autologic
- BBS Faultmate
- IIDTool
No other diagnostic systems from a D9000 to GBP80 Bluetooth OBD modules off eBay can do this. Once activated properly, the timer appears in the menu. If it is not there, you have an FBH but no Park heat function.

- All L322s diesels regardless if they had Park heat ex factory or not, had the loom for the remote receiver. The plug for the receiver is in the boot above the fuse panel in the right hand electrical compartment. Early ~02-03 L322s had a white square plug - this is for a Webasto T60. Later ~03 on L322s had a longish plug for a Webasto T80/90 series receiver. If park heat is activated, you can hook up the receiver, sync the remote, and go. If you do not have park heat activated, the receiver will not do anything regardless of how well or poorly you have synced the remote with the receiver or what sorts of voodoo dolls you've waved over the bonnet.

- In addition to the above, factory park heat had a water diverter valve that either circulated the water throughout the entire system or the heater only depending on motor, MY, or water temp. More info on this is in the wiki (link above - after Forum and Gallery but before Shop and Sponsors under the fullfatrr logo).

- Petrol models can have park heat retrofitted. Once the FBH and all ancillary components have been added, the park heat function needs to be activated. See above.

Sorry if this post is TFL - too long - and some people can't be bothered to read it (I have had people write this to me - or I have noticed it on the questions I get asked immediately following my post). I do not know how to outline the various options in less space.

SteveMFr wrote:
More reading for those who can be bothered:
http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic14073.html?highlight=fbh
SteveMFr wrote:
Hi Gary,
As I posted in the other thread (linked to by mjdronfield above), you'll need to have the park heat function activated for the remote to work. AFAIK, the only LR diagnostic systems capable of this are the IIDTool, BBS MSV, Autologic, or OEM T4/IDS. If this would have been possible without programming, I would have had park heat several years ago - long before GAP Diagnostic was formed and the IIDTool developed. I tried all of this - all here in several year old threads somewhere. Cool

You don't need the remote receiver to make this work if you have park heat activated. Your white plug has 3 wires: red/? = +, Bn/? = Gnd, and Gn/Wt = signal to FBH. ( I hope I'm remembering the colors correctly). All you have to do is bridge the + and the Gn/Wt and your FBH should start running if activated. If not, you'll need to get it activated first.

The reason you have a white plug that does not fit into the remote receiver is because you have an early L322 which had the Webasto T60 remote rather than the T80/90 series.

The function on the later receivers is exactly the same, tho, and if you check the wiring diagrams in the RAVE you can even solder the 3 wires to the appropriate pins if you like - or source the correct connector from a breaker. This is a T90:

OEM, the antenna for the remote is the TV antenna on the right side rear window with a different antenna amplifier than TV only. Info is in the RAVE. This is VW but it looks similar to what you would need if you wanted to go all original:
Click image to enlarge

As parts are hard to find used and very expensive new, I'd just go with a window antenna behind the C-pillar cover or similar. Webasto window antennas can be seen in the remote reciever pics above - the flat rectangular bit with the wire coming out (the one in the t90 pic is blue).
TBH, tho, if you are not interested in maximum range, try various lengths of wire in the antenna connector... Razz

http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic14026.html

and there is much, much more
http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/search.php?...rch_time=0
and in the wiki...

...but you don't have to bother to read all this even if you can be bothered as it is the same thing over and over and over and over and over again. Yawn

RRC 2Dr, RRC 4Dr,
P38, and 2 L322s
(wife thinks I'm nuts - prob right, too)

Post #164820 14th Jan 2013 10:27pm
Tesh

Thanks for that

I read that thread earlier today and didnt see that Embarassed

Post #164827 14th Jan 2013 10:37pm
SteveMFr
Site Sponsor

Thumbs Up Laughing 
RRC 2Dr, RRC 4Dr,
P38, and 2 L322s
(wife thinks I'm nuts - prob right, too)

Post #164829 14th Jan 2013 10:41pm
Tesh

Had it activated last night and set it to come on this morning..............mmmmm nice and toasty

Post #165577 18th Jan 2013 9:22am
A1GSS

England 

Steve, you're something of an expert.. there might be money to be made...! Graham

____
Gone: 10MY L320 RR Sport HSE, Ipanema Sand
Gone: 20MY Jaguar iPace HSE, Silicon Silver
Gone: 17MY RR Evoque SE Tech, Loire Blue
Gone: 08MY Discovery 3 XS, Stornoway Grey
Gone: 07MY FFRR TDV8 Vogue, Stornoway Grey

Post #165579 18th Jan 2013 9:35am
VMPP

Portugal 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Buckingham Blue

Back to this thread...

Last week, i had my car connected to the LR diagnostics, and was let free to mess around with some options.
My car is a Tdv8, so it should have the FBH fitted as standard, and in the computer it appeared as available/installed.

In the Menu were all the configurable options are located, Door locks, headlights delay, daytime lights, etc... etc... I ticked/enabled all the options pertaining to park heater functions, but couldn't get the ''timer'' menu to appear on my screen.

What is the procedure that should be followed to make it go live?
What are the options that I need to tick to make it work?

Post #251643 30th Mar 2014 11:49pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

i'm sure i read that there's a 'final' procedure to activate it.maybe a battery dis-connection? ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #251651 31st Mar 2014 7:43am
Andy

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

There needs to be a sticky on FBH.

Post #252082 1st Apr 2014 10:36pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1