Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L405) > Uk delivery
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
montpellier

Uk delivery

Anyone got their car yet ? Perfect weather for a Range Rover too.

Interesting to read the various comments from owners who have tried the new car. Of course if you have the recent model, you are already comparing to a very goos standard, more so as engine and gearbox are more or less carried over. More evolution than revolution.

I think a FF is such a car, that change is always slow for acceptance, but once through the door so to speak, will be accepted into the family. When there are more on the road, perceptions will change.

Having said that, when you see a 1970's 3 door, you have to admire the simplicity.

I am hoping to have mine next weekend, will give it a few weeks and give comment on the issues raised like the touch screen . Have to say, that was the one thing that drove me crazy on my 12MY Sport, after using any Mercedes/BMW or Audi system, with a dial, touch screen alone is infuriating, as you have to take eyes off road too much, plus reaction times were slow, so you pressed twice and went all over the place. I hope I am not the running development project! My Sport though was perfect in every sense so maybe things are a lot better today.

Still, a FF is a FF, and for me still the best overall car in the world.

Post #165573 18th Jan 2013 6:48am
Gazellio @ Prestige Cars

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover SE Td6 Zermatt Silver

What about steering wheel audio controls?

Post #165611 18th Jan 2013 11:02am
Rolo

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Orkney Grey

congrats Montpellier, hope the delivery goes smoothly.

Are you coming from a sport then, or have you had a FF already ?

don't forget to take lots of pics for us ! Thumbs Up

Post #165687 18th Jan 2013 3:35pm

United Kingdom 

I put down a deposit in August and have not had so much as a brochure or anything since from my dealer. Really bad customer service I think. I am going to get my deposit back and order from another dealer as you can get one in 6 to 12 months anyway so there was not much point in putting down a deposit early. I don't want one of the first cars anyway in case of early problems that need to be ironed out.

Post #165733 18th Jan 2013 6:31pm
Nick Ground

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Indus Silver

Mine goes into build on w/c 4th Feb. Won't get it until 1st of March as I'm away on business when it arrives at the dealer. Won't tell you when I ordered.

However, I drove one for the second time today (in the snow too which was brave of the dealer) and have to say that I hopped in and drove it without a second thought. No feeling that I was lower or less imposing to other drivers, didn't notice that the steering wheel might be smaller, didn't feel I was having to accommodate the cars dynamics to change direction or stop and certainly didn't think this isn't a proper FFRR! As for touchscreen with the exception of postcode entry (which is hopeless) I was able to control my phone, enter address and generally control most of the functions that I needed by voice.

I had my L322 parked next to it and have to say that now I've had more exposure to the L405 my car looks old fashioned much the same my P38 used to look next to the L322. Hey ho. As with all cars some will love others will not.

Me I can't wait. 2019 D5 HSE Lux SDV6 Indus
55 D3 SE
98 MX5 1.8 RS
gone 17 older variants of FFRR

Post #165750 18th Jan 2013 7:45pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1