Page 7 of 9 <123456789>
Print this entire topic · 
M44K TS

England 

letsavit2 wrote:
LOL....

his gotta get a female... Laughing

He's married, my mother's past caring though Laughing

Just spent 3 hours on the interior, it's been neglected since before the winter, so today, hoovered it all out, gave the mats a good scrubbing with some carpet cleaner then left them to dry in the sun, gave the carpets the same treatment then hoovered it all again. There were a couple patches of tar and a few stains on the mats from last weekend when I went photographing down a place called Steeley Magnesite in Hartlepool due to it being a bit of wasteland which is now mostly a fly tipping site and has obvioulsy seen lots of the rubbish burned by kids, so whatever we walked through, ended up in the car Embarassed

http://bluemothphotography.co.uk/page7.htm for anyone that's interested. (*Edit, not my pics/site I should add)

After sorting the carpets, I gave the leather, (including the dash top which always gets forgotten about) a good clean using Gliptone leather cleaner spray, then a thorough clean with the gentle cleaner, then 3 coats of the leather conditioner, my arms are aching, damn you LR for packing so much leather into one car! I also tried out some chemical guys glass cleaner that I bought last week, seems very good stuff, no effort needed and the windows are streak free inside and out.

Crappy Iphone pics alert!
Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Hasn't came up too bad considering the car is just over 8 years old and has almost 100k on the clocks.

The car has now got a really nice leather smell again. 2006 Mercedes CLS
1991 Retro-style Mini
But really finding it hard to fight the urge for a S/C...

Post #59674 10th Apr 2011 5:34pm
BrianC

Scotland 

those pics are brilliant with the toys Rolling with laughter
[edit] so are the one's of your car Thumbs Up

Post #59688 10th Apr 2011 6:36pm
M44K TS

England 

Cheers mate.

Managed to get a hold of a set of red/clear tail lights at a very reasonable cost, (Thanks again Nigel)

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Very pleased, it's freshened it up a treat, unsure if I should sell the amber & red ones or keep then in case I sell the car? 2006 Mercedes CLS
1991 Retro-style Mini

Post #60190 13th Apr 2011 6:33pm
BrianC

Scotland 

dont sell your lights keep them for when you sell the car and make more selling the newer style one's on Thumbs Up

Post #60192 13th Apr 2011 6:39pm
nbunney

United Kingdom 

That's what I did Whistle

Post #60205 13th Apr 2011 8:10pm
GregP

United Kingdom 2002 Range Rover HSE Td6 Adriatic Blue

Nice work Mark. Like you said the new lights really freshen up the look of the car. Leather looking top draw as well. FFRR TD6 HSE
Adriatic Blue with Parchment leather.

Post #60243 13th Apr 2011 11:19pm
M44K TS

England 

Thanks mate, just been out tonight giving it it's weekly magifoam, bought it via the recommendations I've read on the DW forum,brilliant stuff, nice thick foam, haven't had to hand wash it for a few weeks now thanks to the weather being decent, also tried applying some Megs last touch applied through a one of those pump action mist sprayers when the car was wet, my god, it's excellent stuff. No real need to wax it after it's been washed, the paintwork feels like glass. Several neighbours have commented how clean the car looks and how it looks like new, one didn't beleive it was an '03 plate Laughing

I'll give the car a coat of Poorboys Natty's wax tomorrow afternoon if the weather's good and put some pics up, to say I'm pleased with how the car is at the minute is an understatement. 2006 Mercedes CLS
1991 Retro-style Mini

Post #60402 14th Apr 2011 9:33pm
GregP

Its a nice feeling when the cars looking its best. Makes all the hard work cleaning it worthwhile. I have earmarked Tuesday next week as car detail day. Wash, clay bar, 3 stage wax polish. Just keeping fingers crossed for the weather. FFRR TD6 HSE

Post #60403 14th Apr 2011 9:39pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

in the past i've spent a while cleaning my range, [but not as long and with as much effort as you chaps] and found the very next day that it was covered in dust or that it had rained..this defeats the whole object of having done so much work , doesn't it? ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #60425 15th Apr 2011 10:03am
GregP

scarey wrote:
in the past i've spent a while cleaning my range, [but not as long and with as much effort as you chaps] and found the very next day that it was covered in dust or that it had rained..this defeats the whole object of having done so much work , doesn't it?

bah humbug!! Wink FFRR TD6 HSE

Post #60439 15th Apr 2011 12:34pm
M44K TS

England 

Not really Scarey, you get to use the magifoam the next day too Laughing 2006 Mercedes CLS
1991 Retro-style Mini

Post #60440 15th Apr 2011 12:44pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

Laughing

it must be so dis-heartening to do all that work and then find the next day ,it was all in vain. ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #60441 15th Apr 2011 12:48pm
M44K TS

England 

The seat side trims have really bugged the hell out of me since I bought the car, they were really ropey, worn, drivers side silver trim snapped in 2 and generally letting the car down when you open the door, so bought a new pair from LR when it was in for servicing last week, picked them up this morning, then fitted them tonight.

Only got pics of the passenger one which was nowhere near as bad as the drivers, chucked it in the bin before getting pics Laughing

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

New drivers side one
Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Huge amounts of difference, next thing to sort is the wear on the drivers seat, you can see the creases and small nicks in the leather from general wear and tear, hoping a quick re-colour will do the trick. 2006 Mercedes CLS
1991 Retro-style Mini

Post #62012 28th Apr 2011 8:58pm
Austin

England 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Java Black

nice thread mate, you've done a really good job with the interior, i used megiurs leather care, and although it made it smell nice it didnt really clean the leather, didi you see the dirt coming off with the stuff you used?

also, i saw that you were after a good light cutting compound, i use menzerna compounds, you can buy it from elite car care in a 3 pack, used all 3 stages with 2 passes with stage one, then went over with collinite, also from elite, and the paint looks permenantly wet!! amazing what it did for the paint, considering it was covered all over with hedging marks and some scratches, looks like a different car now. I put it on with a porter cable, then took off by hand.

Post #62704 5th May 2011 10:16am
M44K TS

England 

Austin wrote:
nice thread mate, you've done a really good job with the interior, i used megiurs leather care, and although it made it smell nice it didnt really clean the leather, didi you see the dirt coming off with the stuff you used?

I used a brand new fluorescent yellow microfibre cloth on the interior and it was almost black when I'd finished, you could see a difference straight away with the leather even after one or 2 passes with the gliptone.

Quote:
also, i saw that you were after a good light cutting compound, i use menzerna compounds, you can buy it from elite car care in a 3 pack, used all 3 stages with 2 passes with stage one, then went over with collinite, also from elite, and the paint looks permenantly wet!! amazing what it did for the paint, considering it was covered all over with hedging marks and some scratches, looks like a different car now. I put it on with a porter cable, then took off by hand.

I've heard some good things about the collinite gear, but just last night, I ordered some 3M sample pots from elite of their 3 different grade polishes and their final Rosa wax along with the matching pads, all on the recommendation of a couple of mates, I'll see how they go, if they're no good, then I'll try some collinite. 2006 Mercedes CLS
1991 Retro-style Mini

Post #62760 5th May 2011 4:57pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 7 of 9 <123456789>