Home > My Range Rover > My RR TDV8 back from the Bodyshop
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black
My RR TDV8 back from the Bodyshop

Some of you may have seen my thread a while back in the CRC section so I will reveal all now.

Car went back to the dealers (Stratstone Nottingham) to have some remedial bodywork corrosion stuff done. To cut a long story short your car has a 6year anti corrosion warranty and mine is 5 years old, but had a problem with the top tailgate mostly. I had noticed little bubbles underneath the paint, as if corrosion had set in from behind the panel and was going to surface sooner or later.

There was also the same on the OSR quarter panel, and the two front wings.

They replaced the top tailgate entirely, obviously it wasn't worth working on it, and then did the repairs to the other sections. It was in for an entire week and when I picked it up, it looked immaculate and almost like new. They'd given it a full valet inside and out too, which was much needed.

I had also asked the dealer to give it a VHC and check on the condition of the suspension and steering bushes and joints for wear, but as it turns out none of them need any work. Now, at 92,000 miles I find that brilliant and amazing.

My front brake pads need replacing and one of the callipers is sticking slightly but apart from that it got a clean bill of health, so I was really chuffed.

To top it all off, Stratstone Nottingham once again proved their worth. They gave me car for the week, it was back on time, it was all done as they said it would be. They also treated me to a Range Rover Autobiography Dealers Book, about A3 in size, hard bound, and is one of those things that money can't buy.

I thought it was really nice of them to think of me and to save the book, as I guess being an L322 book they had no further use for it. I think by now they realise how much of a Land Rover nut I am.

So, in true Oscar speech tradition my thanks to the service team at Stratstone Nottingham and Liam at LR CRC for setting it all up and also paying some of the bill! Thumbs Up Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #175358 2nd Mar 2013 11:28am
Googsy

Ireland 2008 Range Rover HSE TDV8 Java Black

Good news! Are you doing front pads yourself easiest thing ever on the Brembos Thumbs Up Present :2008 TDV8 HSE
Gone Audi A5 2.7TDI
Gone Discovery 3 HSE
Gone Mercedes CLK
Gone Range Rover 2.5 DSE

Post #175364 2nd Mar 2013 12:05pm
ChrisR

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Tonga Green

Glad it all got sorted ok Adam, I bet you were relived to hand back the white Freelander! Mr. Green

Cheers
Chris Life should be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving skidding in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!

Post #175624 3rd Mar 2013 8:18pm
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

googsy2 wrote:
Good news! Are you doing front pads yourself easiest thing ever on the Brembos Thumbs Up

I know I am capable of doing this but with a sticking caliper that may need stripping and just for the fact I like to have a proper invoice for the vehicle's history saying what work was done and when and by someone who knew what they are doing, I shall get them to do the work. It's also do a fluid change at the same time.

Easy jobs like this are often taken elsewhere to independents, the dealers know this, but I like to keep them on-side. A good relationship with your dealer works both ways, and getting them to quote for work and constantly going elsewhere isn't a way to do this.

I like the fact I can walk in and they know me on first name terms and they treat me with respect and courtesy. If I have to pay a little more to maintain that then so be it. Thumbs Up Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #175726 4th Mar 2013 9:51am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1