Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L405) > New car Autobiography 4.4 TDV8- Causeway with Ivory interior
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
montpellier

New car Autobiography 4.4 TDV8- Causeway with Ivory interior

Is there a more complicated system of putting photos up... Anyway, I have now had for 3 weeks my 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography. It is in Causeway with an Ivory interior. Sorry about photos, I phone in a showroom is not really a good way.

Post #175954 5th Mar 2013 2:09pm
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE 5.0 SC V8 Havana

Thumbs Up Bow down All my spelling errorz are belong to me!

2023 FFRR L460
2020 Range Rover Velar

Post #175958 5th Mar 2013 2:22pm
Badger

United Kingdom 2018 Range Rover Autobiography 2.0 PHEV Carpathian Grey

You are right, this is THE most fiddlt way of hetting photos up I have ever seen!

Congrats on the car, looks stunning.

Let me know if the kids ever use the rear screens after the first go!

Post #175962 5th Mar 2013 2:32pm
montpellier

Thoughts about the car, some of which I have posted on other threads so apologies for repeating.

Positives
Performance overall is exceptional, no diesel noises when warm, very swift for a big car, and last run managed 30 mpg with some quick A road and M way driving. Feels like a petrol V8.
Handling is a big step up, being both controlled and easy to position. No longer vague, and grip levels very high. In reality, you would not drive one of these anywhere near the limits, but it is there if you want it and the Range Rover wiggle is gone.
Comfort , the ride is exceptional and I find the seats very comfortable. it is quiet and no squeaks or rattles
The uprated stereo is probably the best I have ever had in a car, is very powerful and has great depth. Films are exceptional, and whilst not cheap, compared to many other upgrades on other brands, it really is wonderful
Looks. Now I am not blind to the debate and comment on here, clearly some dislike it. I can only say what I see, and that it looks very elegant when out and about, looks clearly a modern Rangie, and draws very positive comments. Many owners of the previous model have loved it and 5 friends now (it is growing) have placed orders after seeing it.
The sun roof is a must, and I doubt many will sell in the after market if not fitted.
Rear legroom is improved, and is now acceptable for such a big car but not exceptional.
The car sits lower, and I would suggest you try without steps first , as it is not essential to have them as it was with previous models.
Electric tailgate works great and very useful.
The park heating has not left me stranded yet, but then we all know it could come back to bite... Time will tell
Lights are excellent, and far better than many other top end cars I have had. You can actually see where you are going.

Negatives or to improve
I still find the user interface for the controls difficult to use. Touch screen is still complex to use, is not fast enough, and not as good as some of the German dial based systems.
Size. yes it is big. No denying, and you need all of those cameras if you are going to park anywhere tight. For the UK, the Sport (new) will probably find a big market. It is ok on Motorways of course, but you are in van territory here.
ACC, I actually prefer the normal cruise control. The acc sometimes picks up a wrong signal and you slow when nothing is there, plus it takes time to work out when it will activate. Will need to use more.
Boot is smaller, it has to be said, but it works well enough for me. Others might not find it so acceptable.

Overall, an excellent car. If not one of the very best. I can appreciate that prices have gone north, and at the top end you will be looking at 100k. In reality the Vogue SE has everything you can need, and whilst I know the 3.0 will be popular, the car is really well suited to the V8. It is not a cheap car by any stretch but it is exceptional.

Well done LandRover.

Last edited by montpellier on 5th Mar 2013 2:55pm. Edited 2 times in total

Post #175963 5th Mar 2013 2:32pm
montpellier

Badger wrote:
You are right, this is THE most fiddlt way of hetting photos up I have ever seen!

Actually yes. That they can watch different things solved the arguments. Ok an I pad is a cheaper way of doing it, but you know....

Post #175964 5th Mar 2013 2:34pm
montpellier

Badger wrote:

Oh and sorry about the privacy glass..... Very Happy I would only have on a dark colour (Black or Grey), and have an on off approach.

Post #175966 5th Mar 2013 2:43pm
Nick Ground

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Indus Silver

I'll add my observations too.

Agree with engine, performance, handling, lights,panoramic roof, seats comments, boot and tailgate.

Also agree that the infotainment control is still well behind the Mercedes command system [there should be a rotary commander where the terrain response is now - most will rarely use the TR as it now has an auto mode]. The central instrument cluster still doesn't show info from ipod tracks and I still cannot get the voice activation to recognise Poole [training needed]

Some of the touchscreen response time is poor and some buttons could be bigger and more accessible (thinking return from seat menu - but I discovered you just hit the dash one to exit). Familiarity helps.

Twin batteries should sort out park heating woes.

I too wish you could switch off the ACC function and have normal cruise.

Love the keyless entry and exit and soft close doors.

Couple of days in and I'm finding it easier to park. 2019 D5 HSE Lux SDV6 Indus
55 D3 SE
98 MX5 1.8 RS
gone 17 older variants of FFRR

Post #175968 5th Mar 2013 2:48pm
verydisco

United Kingdom 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Tangiers Orange

Very nice interior and wheel choice. (Being a black or white vehicles kind of guy, I am not found of the 405 in this particular colour, but this is very personal).

Congrats ! Thumbs Up l=Oo\________/oO=l l:OolΞΞΞΞΞΞΞloO:l

Current
RANGE ROVER Vogue 4.4L SDV8 - 2013 - Indus Silver, on Almond.
RANGE ROVER Vogue 4.4L V8 - 2002 - ex-2003 G4 Challenge Event Vehicle, Stage 3: Australia
RANGE ROVER HSE 4.4L V8 - 2004 - one-of-one Overfinch
RANGE ROVER P38a 4.0L V8 - 1999 - ex-2000 TReK Event Vehicle: South Africa

Previous:
RANGE ROVER Vogue 4.4L TDV8 - 2012 - RANGE ROVER 3.6L TDV8 x3 - RANGE ROVER Td6 x1 - RANGE ROVER Classic 3.5L V8 x1

Post #175972 5th Mar 2013 3:21pm
Labrit

2013 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Congrats!!! Very similar to mine!

Love your steering wheel...makes mine look Censored ! 2013 TDV8 SE
2011 LP560-4
2012 Fiat 500 Abarth Esseesse

Post #175979 5th Mar 2013 4:02pm
Nick Ground

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Indus Silver

Dealership lights give it a hint of blue. It'll be good to see pics in natural light. 2019 D5 HSE Lux SDV6 Indus
55 D3 SE
98 MX5 1.8 RS
gone 17 older variants of FFRR

Post #175986 5th Mar 2013 5:11pm
Bellini

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Zermatt Silver

That is rather lovely.

The only comment I feel obliged to criticise is your comment regarding privacy glass. I feel that on all L405's it's essential as, without it, the thickness of the rear pillars contrasting with how small the actual rear side window aperture is, is shocking. You need privacy glass to hide that visual abomination at all times.

It's interesting to note that many comments can also be applied to the L322 in most guises when compared to other cars. It proves, if nothing else, how far ahead the L405 seems to have improved over its predecessor. Si. <This is my name.

I eat rat poison.

A man ain't truly been insulted until he stands buck naked in front of a woman and she didn't even notice. Or care.

Post #175989 5th Mar 2013 5:18pm
Philip

2019 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

Bellini wrote:

The only comment I feel obliged to criticise is your comment regarding privacy glass. I feel that on all L405's it's essential as, without it, the thickness of the rear pillars contrasting with how small the actual rear side window aperture is, is shocking. You need privacy glass to hide that visual abomination at all times.

Agreed that the rear side windows are more like portholes, but that's surely preferable to making it look like a VAT-dodge-special van or a ghetto wagon.

Causeway isn't a bad colour.

Post #176010 5th Mar 2013 7:38pm
ebajema

New Zealand 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Galway Green

Lovely looking one as well. Love the interior. Turns out it gets harder and harder to choose !!! MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!
Have the Faultmate MSV2 Extreme to be tinkering with the settings etc. !!

Post #176012 5th Mar 2013 7:54pm
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Great to hear this type of feedback. The colour is lovely though I prefer dark interiors too.

Agree with the comments that the L405 needs the privacy glass, the top tailgate looks odd with the thick black borders.

On the back of the front seat below the screens, are they speakers?

Can't wait to have one in the future. Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #176037 5th Mar 2013 9:51pm
kay323

Wow. That looks amazing. Congrats

Post #176040 5th Mar 2013 10:05pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>