Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Removing rear centre console.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
jfb1977

England 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 V8 Santorini Black
Removing rear centre console.

As per the subject.

I've bought a new aux input cover as mine broke, but the cover is part of a bigger panel as per this picture -

Click image to enlarge

So I'm clearly going to have to remove some trim to get to the fixings to remove the old one and fit this one.

Anyone taken this part of their FF to bits before? I can see myself breaking something if I'm not careful! Banging Head

Thanks. :thumbsup:

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  Past (too many to list, but a few favs)...
2007 Porsche 997 C2S Coupe
2007 FFRR 4.2 S/C
2012 Jag XKR 5.0 S/C
2014 Merc SL500 AMG 4.7 V8 BiTurbo (remapped to 560BHP)
2011 FFRR 4.4 TDV8 Vogue SE - Overfinch Conversion
2012 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
2018 AMG C63S Estate
2015 Mercedes GLE63S
2017 Maserati Levante Diesel
2017 Audi A6 Avant 3.0 Black Edition

Post #176349 7th Mar 2013 2:08pm
RRBlue

England 2005 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.2 SC V8 Buckingham Blue

I have done it. I took it to bits to sort out my aux socket which had a snapped off earphone connector inside it. It was possible to dismantle the whole thing down to component level so that I could get inside the aux socket to get the bits out. Took about 30 mins once I had worked out the first step which took about 2 weeks to understand. That first bit is to start by lying on your side on the floor and look at the underside of the the rear centre console. There are some screws as I recall, then some lugs which just come out when you lever the centre console away. This was hard to work out because my glasses kept falling off and it was dark. From then it is easy to work out what to do. If you need to start dismantling the centre cubby and vent arrangement, there is also a video on Powerfull UK site. I have done that as well and had the cubby out and is fairly straightforward even with my short patience.

Post #176360 7th Mar 2013 2:45pm
jfb1977

England 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 V8 Santorini Black

Thanks - all sorted - I found the Powerful UK vid which was a god send. Just popped out the shaft holding in the cubby hole lid and the rest was a few screws - pretty straightforward in the end.

Nice to get the little jobs done! That missing cover had been bugging me for ages.

Had to order some new 'sleeves' for the cigarette lighters though and they just crumbled apart when I removed the power sockets.

Have also replaced my petrol cap as the frayed and twisted rubber annoyed me, replaced a cable hook in the boot that the dog ate, replaced the rear wiper motor which was leaking and have 'Supercharged' kick plates winging their way to me as we speak for fitment on Monday along with a rear door seal which has taken to falling off.

I've got a full detail and paint correction booked for early April - and then I think she'll be as close to perfect as she can be.

Although I've still got a genuine iPod kit, upgraded steering wheel and piano black gear knob 'on the list' but given that she might be going up for sale in April / May, they might have to wait. Wink Past (too many to list, but a few favs)...
2007 Porsche 997 C2S Coupe
2007 FFRR 4.2 S/C
2012 Jag XKR 5.0 S/C
2014 Merc SL500 AMG 4.7 V8 BiTurbo (remapped to 560BHP)
2011 FFRR 4.4 TDV8 Vogue SE - Overfinch Conversion
2012 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
2018 AMG C63S Estate
2015 Mercedes GLE63S
2017 Maserati Levante Diesel
2017 Audi A6 Avant 3.0 Black Edition

Post #176400 7th Mar 2013 6:44pm
sleepezy

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Java Black

Does that part have the closing mechanism included (I presume it does)?

If so - can you let me know the part number/where you got it from and the Powerful video that had the instructions please? I can find the list of Powerful video's ( http://www.powerfuluk.com/videofittingguides.html ) but not one that incudes a fitting guide for this! Sorry if I am being a bit fik.

Many thanks

Post #176450 7th Mar 2013 9:59pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1