Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > rain sensor problem
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
daveo

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Java Black
rain sensor problem

ok, since i have had the car the rain sensor option has nevered worked, i did change the sensor when i first got the car but it still never worked.. Crying or Very sad the story goes from the previous owner... it had a new screen fitted some time ago but the fitters put the wrong screen in the car and it did not have the factory rain sensor mount, they came and fitted an after market mount that was not fitted that great, when i got the car the rain sensor never worked so i bought a new mount and fitted it correctly, it still never worked so i bought a new sensor and was sold this one, it is rain and auto lights so at the same time i done the auto lights upgrade,

Click image to enlarge

that was fitted along with a new auto light switch and a mk4 lcm, great all the auto pat worked fine but the rain sensor still never worked,
Then i was told it may need activating but it does not show up in the menu, so i removed the auto lights plus lcm and put it back how it was, it may be it never had one fitted at all and the previous owner had the sensor fitted hopping it would work. so if i go down the road it was never fitted then i would say its the module, is the rain sensor option in the Body control module..
i have spoke to patrick at gap and he has been great and has come back with this...

Ok, assuming it was never fitted with a rain sensor.1- We need to know if a rain sensor can work with BPM v04.2- If Yes, We need to know if a gen2 rain sensor can work with BPM v04.3- There is still a possible setting in BPM that can prevent the rain sensor from working. For 1, you can ask on the forum if someone else have a 2002 or 2003 with a working rain sensor.The rain sensor was introduce in 2004 and BPM v10 also.It's also possible that there has never been a gen1 rain sensor in the Range Rover. For 3, I just took a more in depth look into BPM v04 file and found that there is another setting like "Wiper Step Down"It's "Timed Intermittent Wipe", this one must also be disabled with Rain Sensor.I will add it and send you an update next week. These two cost nothing. If the rain sensor does not work after changing the setting, then we should try to find if a gen1 rain sensor exist.Then if not, this leave you with only the option of replacing your BPM with a v10 with no warranty that you will not have other issue.

if any one can help that would be great

thanks dave

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  V8 facelift Range Rover Autobiography 22" wheels.
1976 Harley Davidson Iron Head Sportster

Post #180427 30th Mar 2013 12:02pm
comports

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Mariana Black

Daveo,

Not sure what you need but I may be able to help. Mine never had auto lights or rain sensor wipers but I bought a new LCM (second hand in fact) and had a new screen fitted that did have the sensor mount and optics.

I just plugged it all in and it works a treat.! (I just get the black dot next to the mileage as the lcm was not new and had more miles on than my dash did.

Let me know what you need from me. Ash
------------------------------------------------------
2016 SDV8 AB

Post #180433 30th Mar 2013 12:53pm
daveo

thanks mate, did you get the same sensor as i bought.. V8 facelift Range Rover Autobiography 22" wheels.

Post #180446 30th Mar 2013 3:08pm
daveo

do you know what BCM is fitted to your car.. V8 facelift Range Rover Autobiography 22" wheels.

Post #180450 30th Mar 2013 3:22pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1