Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Battery disconnected - all faults cleared?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Cappo

2006 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black
Battery disconnected - all faults cleared?

I've had an amber EML and a frequent "Reduced Performance" error on my 2010 5.0 SC recently. The car was booked in for a different job to be done and I was able to not use it whilst waiting for it to go in. However, during that time I fitted a towbar, mainly so that the towbar coding could be done while it was in.

In order to connect the towbar electrics, as a precaution I disconnected the battery for a short time while I plugged the electrics in.

When I went to drive to the garage for repairs yesterday, I had a completely clear dash, but what's more annoying, they have plugged it in and said that there are no fault codes stored at all! Surely the codes are not wiped by a battery disconnect?? I though they were stored for x-number of ignition starts or something like that?

The errors are bound to recur as soon as I get the car back, which will mean another return visit. On the plus side I have just bought an IID tool so at least I'll be able to read them I guess. 5.0 S/C Autobiography
Defender 3.9i Auto, Aston Martin DB9, Fiat Coupe 20V Turbo Plus and seven, no eight, bikes!

Previously:

4.4 AJ V8 Vogue, RRC, 4.6 VSE P38, Disco V8, SIII V8 - there's a theme here! Plus multiple others, some of which were also V8s!

Post #588601 23rd Mar 2021 9:38pm
Haylands

England 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

When does it drop into reduced performance, any particular thing you are doing..?? Pete

2002 L322 Vogue 4.4 V8 Epson Green, Ivory over Aspen Interior (Fatty Offroader) Sold
-Click for Project Fatty off roader-

Post #588611 23rd Mar 2021 10:03pm
Cappo

Nothing, it's completely random, and when it first started doing it there was no discernible drop in performance either - but then it seemed to get worse. I pulled away from some lights, not that hard, and it bonged and threw the Reduced Performance message and nearly stood on it's nose with the loss of power! That was when I stopped using it, it's now with a decent indie (AHL) but they can't read any faults from it. 5.0 S/C Autobiography
Defender 3.9i Auto, Aston Martin DB9, Fiat Coupe 20V Turbo Plus and seven, no eight, bikes!

Previously:

4.4 AJ V8 Vogue, RRC, 4.6 VSE P38, Disco V8, SIII V8 - there's a theme here! Plus multiple others, some of which were also V8s!

Post #588612 23rd Mar 2021 10:15pm
Haylands

Mine started to do that but only when at full throttle (mostly), showed no codes and the reduced performance reset by restarting it... It did it numerous times before it left a fault code P0087 low fuel pressure...

The JLR workthrough was filter, pressure sensor and lift pump... all changed, still did it...

I hit the US Jaguar forums as they use this engine far more than we do and found four similar cases which were resolved by new mechanical fuel pumps

Mine is sat in pieces as we speak as I change the two high pressure mechanical fuel pumps,...

You can use the IID for real time values and monitor fuel pressure which should show a drop before it goes into reduced performance... Pete

2002 L322 Vogue 4.4 V8 Epson Green, Ivory over Aspen Interior (Fatty Offroader) Sold

Post #588616 23rd Mar 2021 10:48pm
Haylands

Mine sometimes bonged and said reduced performance but ran fine with no loss in power... I think your problem sounds similar to mine... Pete

Post #588617 23rd Mar 2021 10:50pm
Cappo

It does indeed Haylands, thanks for this. If the garage don't/can't find it this week I'll have to monitor, knowing that the IID will pick up your symptoms is helpful to know. 5.0 S/C Autobiography

Previously:

Post #588620 23rd Mar 2021 11:09pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1