Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > Range Rover Buyers Beware - ABC
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
STMVOGUE2010

Scotland 

Think I would be asking for my money back and rejecting the car without hesitation!

Good Luck with this one I can certainly understand your wife's stance on this.

Post #186533 4th May 2013 4:37pm
JOKER

Scotland 

stan wrote:
but at least you have the benefit of a national company with a pretty reputation willing to put things right

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter And i thought i was the Joker ….

I am with STMVOGUE2010 on this just get your money back Thumbs Up

Post #186549 4th May 2013 6:33pm
CG-SC

2006 Range Rover Autobiography Supercharged Zambezi Silver

stan wrote:
Paul, i think you were led into a false sense of security when the DP said he would make sure the range was tip top [thats he did bother].. but at least you have the benefit of a national company with a pretty good reputation willing to put things right, a lot of car buyers dont and have to go through a fair bit of agro to get things sorted , if at all..

+1.......have to say, I had these exact thoughts when I read the posts about your comments when you were buying the car.

I'm not saying I bought a 'cracker' myself, but without doubt, I now know the car inside out and have replaced all the 'L322 issues' that I know about thanks to this fantastic forum Thumbs Up and I now have a 'cracker' lol Stolen / Gone: 2006MY Supercharged LPG Autobiography - Zambezi Silver with Sand/Jet/Jet Oxford Leather.....

Last edited by CG-SC on 4th May 2013 11:08pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #186567 4th May 2013 8:01pm
pld118

Scotland 2014 Range Rover Vogue SDV6 Santorini Black

The let them rectify or money back debates can be argued both ways and we have until Tuesday to decide which argument to pursue I suppose (that was another reason to start this thread/ to get the learned opinion of other RR professionals and owners/ enthusiasts).

Whatever the outcome this car does not appear to be a dog. It would appear - aside to the 'to do list' - genuinely immaculate inside and out, the 'to do list' (as I know it to be at this time) contains no singular game ending jobs... but the collective amount of jobs is expensive and should have been picked up/ sorted pre sale (and - even if my wife does not pull the plug - they will be a deal ending thorn if not fully resolved/ attoned for at no further cost/ inconvenience to us).

Bottom line is that if 'they' have a shred of common decency and pride they must be professionally embarassed on this. However it might appear, naive I am not; and I do believe some of the people involved in this are bothered, none moreso than the DP. Having met him, I don't accept that he tried to pull the wool. I'm more inclined to think he has been let down by - perhaps - complacent staff but what do I know!.

Last edited by pld118 on 5th May 2013 5:53am. Edited 3 times in total

Post #186591 4th May 2013 10:19pm
ebajema

New Zealand 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Galway Green

I think that we all have read/heard of/experienced our fair share of problem dealers and car sales places. Not for nothing the second hand car sales man has a very negative ring to it these days and has become an expression on its own. Maybe that is why it is hard to believe for some of us that the dealer wasn't trying it on.

I am maybe a bit of a positive inclined glass half full person and I believe that pld may be right. The sales person could be genuine and could have been let down by the guys in the garage, that happens a lot as well.

The fact that I bought my FFRR (before I found this site) at a car sales place that is outside underneath a big tree with NO office or anything in the middle of Lagos (granted in the middle of Ikoyi) should say something. I did crawl over and under the car (at the time I only had RangeRovers.net info) in my slightly too small overalls, drove it, shook it, sniffed it. Had all the paperwork (it wasn't registered yet, just imported) checked by our admin manager (who has been here for 15 years and knows everything there is to know about import into Nigeria). Still it was a risk, especially arranging the transfer of the money. My gut said that these guys were reliable and I wasn't wrong. There are honest and genuine people even in the second hand car sales business, it is just not that easy to find them and trust them. MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!
Have the Faultmate MSV2 Extreme to be tinkering with the settings etc. !!

Post #186592 4th May 2013 10:38pm
RR2008HSE

Canada 2008 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Java Black

I bought my FFRR based on photos and videos from a distant US LR dealer. I had it inspected privately. It was 'as described' and I love it. However, I wouldn't have felt comfortable without an independent inspection. The dealer was understanding and made arrangements to transport it to/from the inspection.

My only issue was a missing parcel shelf, and when I said I wouldn't accept it without one, it was found promptly in the OP's garage. Very Happy

Yours is a shocking story. I would expect an apology, everything fixed to your satisfaction, 1/12 back on your road tax and AT LEAST one or two complimentary routine services. Good luck.

Post #186596 4th May 2013 11:07pm
CG-SC

2006 Range Rover Autobiography Supercharged Zambezi Silver

Lets face it, no DP is ever going to admit that any of the cars in his showroom or forecourt are anything less than perfect are they ??? It's kinda like an admission of not doing their job right if they do...... Stolen / Gone: 2006MY Supercharged LPG Autobiography - Zambezi Silver with Sand/Jet/Jet Oxford Leather.....

Post #186598 4th May 2013 11:12pm
pld118

Resolution in Sight?

Update:

On Tuesday of this week, the selling garage told me they would be taking the car back/ offering a refund.

Selling DP honourably intervened (again! ... for all the problems there have been, this DP has presented as a decent/ reasonable man who is bothered about reputation); and the DP liaised with the After Sales/ Service Manager at our nearest LR Main Dealer (to date, this Manager has also been outstanding in the manner he has taken on and worked hard to resolve problems not of his making). They agreed a plan to repair and resolve all issues as an alternate to a refund.

If they do as they promise, we will keep the car because all we ever wanted was the pristine car that was described/ literally sold to us.

Works reportedly ongoing and car now due back next week.

Will hopefully do final update next week, outlining check list of things to be alert to from the offset when buying (based on our experience).

Post #187581 10th May 2013 11:27am
RR2008HSE

Glad to hear their fixing things to your satisfaction. Buying a FFRR should be enjoyable! Hope all goes well and she lives up to your expectations. Thumbs Up

Post #187705 11th May 2013 12:45am
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Glad to hear its being resolved fella... Thumbs Up

Post #187710 11th May 2013 8:04am
The Doctor

United Kingdom 

Hi. I am a member of the Freelander forum but decided to sign up here upon reading this post. Very interesting indeed. Yesterday I finished the final exam of my law degree (studied for 4 years part time 2 nights per week in addition to a full time job). One of my favourite subjects was consumer law and I am always happy to field questions from forum members and give my opinion on matters such as this. Nice to see you got it sorted Thumbs Up I have a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a 4 year law degree. Skills that make a nightmare for stubborn retailers.

Post #187770 11th May 2013 5:14pm
RR2008HSE

^ Great avatar Doctor. Don't let the Daleks get you! I don't think they're scared of lawyers. Very Happy

Post #187808 11th May 2013 9:14pm
The Doctor

United Kingdom 

Thanks RR2008HSE Thumbs Up I have a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a 4 year law degree. Skills that make a nightmare for stubborn retailers.

Post #187810 11th May 2013 9:18pm
pld118

I'm married to one! No, not a Time Traveller a Doctor or a Dalek! Rolling with laughter

Post #187875 12th May 2013 1:13pm
RR2008HSE

^ Rolling with laughter

You had me very worried for a moment, pld118! Shocked

Post #187923 12th May 2013 6:27pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>