Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > RR or DISCO 3 or RRSPORT
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
JOKER

Scotland 
RR or DISCO 3 or RRSPORT

Thinking of changing from a ffrr to either a disco3 or rr sport as there seems that they have more going for them !!! ====================================

"Open Mike Night " sounded like a lot of fun until i found out i was going to an Autopsy

Post #959 30th Sep 2008 10:21pm
Vogue

United Kingdom 

Quote:
seems that they have more going for them !!!

yeah right! - as a bus maybe Wink

Post #963 2nd Oct 2008 12:54pm
ken

United Kingdom 2018 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

How do you mean Question

Post #964 2nd Oct 2008 6:38pm
JOKER

Scotland 

well the seven seat option for a start,the boot space,the design of the interior,the additional external equipment you can get for it ie: the add on tent,plus the external styling parts for it as well.the superior ride quality compared to the see-saw effect of the RR all in all a far better made car. Whistle Whistle Whistle Wink ====================================

"Open Mike Night " sounded like a lot of fun until i found out i was going to an Autopsy

Post #967 2nd Oct 2008 7:37pm
ken

weeguyinthestudy wrote:
well the seven seat option for a start,the boot space,the design of the interior,the additional external equipment you can get for it ie: the add on tent,plus the external styling parts for it as well.the superior ride quality compared to the see-saw effect of the RR all in all a far better made car. Whistle Whistle Whistle Wink

Agree with all bar the better made bit

I know the D3 pretty well in fact it was my D3 on the front cover of LROI Nov 2007 Whistle the fit and finisf on my FF is way better

I dont need a bigger Boot (only Five dogs) dont need seven seats but wanted the venture cam RES cooled seats heated steering wheel and timed remote heater

But miss the ability to fit a winch etc will find a way

But a TDV8 with a remap is Mr. Green Cool

Post #969 2nd Oct 2008 8:12pm
Vogue

United Kingdom 

Well I've got a direct comparison going at the moment as my RR is in for a couple of warranty items and they have loaned me a brand new top of the range Discovery 3.

The ride is worse, its slower, I feel as though I am riding on the floor - the driver position in the Disco is significantly lower, the seats are uncomfortable, its ugly, there is a huge difference in spec. But then alll this can be expected, its a cheaper vehicle.

Only thing I will agree on is the 7 seat option (and that's if you need it which I don't) furthermore, this option is a bit limited anyway as for anything other than the school run its almost useless - you couldn't realistically go on holiday and use all the 7 seats...

Would I have a Disco 3 over a RR - Never!

however, its each to their own - some people wouldn't be seen in a FFRR.
Me, I wouldn't be seen in anything other than a FF! Public Transport - oh the humilitation!

Post #971 3rd Oct 2008 9:44am
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

It's an interesting thing to ponder and I've done it many times. I had a Sport Supercharged as soon as they came out, it was an awesome car. It drives beautifully, you can really throw it around and the cockpit feel to the cabin made it feel snug around you.

The Sport has the same chassis and drivetrain as the D3 so inTDV6 form you'll not notice much difference. (The Supercharged has the Dynamic response which tightens it all up) The D3 does not have the option of the TDV8 also. It IS a cheaper built car, but you can pick them up for silly money. I saw one the LR site the other day a 1 year old '57 plate with 8k on the clock, HSE fully loaded for just £26K. Thats a £20k drop from list in one year on the MOST popular LR product. Bargain. Especially if you pop along to JE Engineering in Coventry and have them chip the TDV6 up to 225BHP.

I had a D3 on extended drive and did a review, I suggest you read it, plus my review of the FFRR TDV8 I had too.

D3 Drive:
http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic136.html

FFRR TDV8 Drive:

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic10790.html?highlight=tdv8

If you want to read my experience of the RRSport Supercharged go here:

www.rrsport.co.uk Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #972 3rd Oct 2008 10:42am
jpr

good topic, ive had a disco 3 HSE a RRS HSE and i now onto the FFRR S/C and my prefernce in order is as follows;

1 - FFRR S/C
2 - RRS HSE
3 - Disco 3 HSE

Post #975 3rd Oct 2008 2:10pm
RRUK
Site Supporter

Ken who did the remap of your TDV8? Discovery 4 HSE
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #976 3rd Oct 2008 3:30pm
wardpg

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Java Black

I have just changed my Disco 3 for a FFRR best thing I have done. loved the Disco but just love the feeling of the RR and the extra power I have. I tried a RRS but this felt like another Disco with a lot more harder ride, probably because of the shortened wheelbase, mind you as my wife says its probably due to me being older and wanting an old mans car!!

Post #977 3rd Oct 2008 3:55pm
JOKER

Scotland 
Re: RR or DISCO 3 or RRSPORT

weeguyinthestudy wrote:
Thinking of changing from a ffrr to either a disco3 or rr sport as there seems that they have more going for them !!!

Ah well looks like my wee topic got a bit of a response, Disco3 for me ! nah don't have green wellingtons for a start, Anyhow have just finished adding a bit more BLING to the RR, WIFE thinks it looks like a mirror on wheels, had to get the chrome stick on s/c vents, along with the mirrors, chrome window strips, the fog light bezels,the v8 badge.

Next the letters, indicators, door handles,scuff plates,rear bumper,and the bar above the number plate,still to be chromed.

Ugly, Bad taste, who knows everyone to their own, if i knew how to put pictures of it on here i would !!!!!!!

Must say tho the s/c chrome vent covers are a good fit on the vehicle, plus what they dont tell you is the chrome bezels for the front fogs stick on a certain way so before you take the 3m tape off if anyone gets them get your positioning aligned first.

The half chrome mirror covers are so so! the moulded shape is very slightly out on one of them.

The chrome window strips i will be trying them on 2morro 4th oct as the weather up here has turned a bit chilly,(brass monkeys running about with blowtorches.

Things you do when boredom sets in. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Shocked ====================================

Post #978 3rd Oct 2008 7:49pm
JOKER

Scotland 

Ken how does the remote heater work and are they factory fitted coz i am sure at the time when i bought the car the salesman told me it was on it but never bothered to check it out its a 4.2 vogue se supercharger v8 Thumbs Up ====================================

Post #979 3rd Oct 2008 7:56pm
RRUK
Site Supporter

easy way to find out if you have it is if you have a big extra key fob with an On and Off button. This is for the timed remote heating. I've got it on mine and love it.

All RR's have the timed climate feature via the centre screen however if you don't have the pre heater you can only blow air around the cabin. In fact I seem to recall only the diesels have the pre heater. Discovery 4 HSE
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

Post #980 4th Oct 2008 7:43pm
axle

Australia 2008 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Rimini Red

Yes nice isn't it Laughing 2008 MY Supercharged
Rimini Red / Jet
four zone climate
remote park heater
and no ugly kid windows.
magnus satis quod turpis satis

Post #981 5th Oct 2008 10:11am
ken