Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Car cleaning and polishing
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Muttley

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Stornoway Grey
Car cleaning and polishing

Lo peeps

Am looking for recommendations of companies that clean polish and other manner of car cleaning in the Heathrow area.

As I am disabled as much as I would love to do it myself that is not an option so looking for a recommended company that preferably comes to the house to clean and polish or wax or one of these paint protecting products.

Cheers

Dave Thumbs Up

Post #193264 11th Jun 2013 4:15am
pld118

Scotland 2014 Range Rover Vogue SDV6 Santorini Black
Re: Car cleaning and polishing

Dave,

There is a forum called Detailing World UK.

On seeing your request, I enquired on your behalf for your area and have since been recommended this link:
http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=59863

The people that use that forum/ the link are - in the nicest possible way - OCD car cleaners and mollycodlers.

I understand that some of them can make a dog of a car (no pun intended Rolling with laughter ) look like it has just rolled off the production line.

There are professional detailing companies that will do the car top to bottom, inside and out (I think you are talking big bucks there sometimes though)... And there are people who do it as a hobby, for experience and for 'beer tokens'/ to cover their costs. However, as I understand it, the type of people they are, even those doing it as a hobby, I doubt would do anything but significantly enhance the look of your car because they need serious amounts of often expensive kit to do intricate detailing work. The quality of such work 'should' eclipse that of more traditional 'car valeters'.

These guys have often worked on top end prestige cars too. It can take them days to do a car and some would maybe want to take your car to 'their place' to do the work.

The link I've sent you has disclaimers with it and basically allows you to view work that the people have done, to enquire with them as to the what, how, where, when and cost etc... And then you can make an informed decision as to whether or not any person's services are of interest to you.

If my enquiry gets me any further details that might assist you, then I will pass any info on to you.

Hope this helps... Thumbs Up

Post #193303 11th Jun 2013 9:57am
Muttley

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Stornoway Grey

All I can say is thank you very much as I can go back about six years ago when I brought another all time dream car which unfortunately after buying everything that could go wrong did so and I really got mugged with the car I brought because I didn't do any research.

In the case of buying the Rodney I was very privileged to have one long term friend who I will not name but he knows who he is and he made a 120 mile round trip to look at the car I brought and another good friend who drove me the 100 odd miles to see the car, i suppose what i am trying to say here is I think I have ended up with a very nice example of this particular car but as said in the original post as much as I wish I could do it myself , I cant .......... its funny how I look back when I had the M5 , I would start early morning and would still be finishing it off in the evening because the satisfaction of doing a job properly and seeing the end result is a pleasure that is awesome.

The point I am trying to make in my long winded post when I was a member of the BMW forums it used to amaze me how much detail certain people would go to and the amount of time spent and the expensive products used I can say I know where you are coming from in the way you have written your post ........... I know I go on a bit but hey I am who I am and there is no way on this earth this car or the Boss's Ford Focus ST is going anywhere near this hand car washing outfits had use the same grubby mops and in my honest opinion your cant wash a car properly in that short space of time.

I think what I am looking for and I am sure I will find it int the link you have given me is to get the car cleaned and maybe detailed but the paint work was detailed while it was with Craig and getting it and the ST both coated up with some sort of paint protection and I know I am going to have to shell out a fair amount of money on both cars.

But hey we have both worked our asses of in life and this is the first time I can say we both have a really nice car ( wish I could of got a 60 plate like the Boss but your price limits are what they are ) unfortunately due to disability and other horrible things that I suffer with I cant work anymore so its one wage , benefits and life savings that have gone into the purchase of these two cars and i think it is way over due for both of us Thumbs Up

Anyway I have rattled on for long enough and thanks for going to the trouble that you have as it is very much appreciated Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #193311 11th Jun 2013 10:50am
KurtVerbose

Switzerland 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

I don't think I've ever cleaned my RR and I've owned it 3 years.... Embarassed

I guess that's the other extreme.

Post #193321 11th Jun 2013 11:46am
pld118

No trouble at all...

PS.. the dog reference was to your username and not your 'Rodney'! Wink

PPS... PM sent to you with details from someone from DW UK saying they'd like to assist you Thumbs Up

Post #193325 11th Jun 2013 11:49am
pld118

PM sent Dave..

Post #195826 23rd Jun 2013 9:37pm
shalz

Kenya 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Santorini Black

Muttley/Dave - you have a PM MY11 Vogue 4.4 TDV8 - "African Queen"

Post #199375 18th Jul 2013 10:28am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1