Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Trans failsafe prog - Help
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
TtheArab

2003 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Giverny Green

You might want to suggest to them the large audience on forums that would be impressed by them standing by a build they did and how that may be a very positive boost to their business....... or of course the opposite could be the case Wink

Wouldn't be the first time I had seen a business respond quickly to a bit of online advertising....within the rules of course...

Post #203133 9th Aug 2013 4:46pm
doodoo

England 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Zermatt Silver

KurtVerbose wrote:
It seems there's huge variability in the quality of gearbox rebuilds.

Yes unfortunately it does appear so. Gear box chap said it was all over the place when he run some tests on it and slipping in most gears, which to be fair is what it felt like before it went into its failsafe mode.

So another expensive gearbox rebuild. Sad This one will come with an 18 month warranty and the garage comes recommended from a number of people plus it is alot nearer to go back to than the last place. Just driving it at weekends, means only about 6K miles per year so hopefully wont need another one. Though after paying for the rebuild not sure I will be able to afford to drive it at the weekends now either!

Post #203212 10th Aug 2013 10:07am
doodoo

England 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Zermatt Silver

TtheArab wrote:
You might want to suggest to them the large audience on forums that would be impressed by them standing by a build they did and how that may be a very positive boost to their business....... or of course the opposite could be the case Wink

Wouldn't be the first time I had seen a business respond quickly to a bit of online advertising....within the rules of course...

Had they been a little closer I might have tried harder, but just want the car back on the road for my holiday week after next and could have wasted time arguing with them.

Certainly not a 4x4 garage I would be recommending to anyone though!

Post #203218 10th Aug 2013 10:15am
KurtVerbose

Switzerland 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

At the end of the day, if you take it back and they repair it there's no guarantee they'll do it properly and you won't be back at square one again.

At least this way you'll have some certainty it'll be done well and should last a while.

Post #203221 10th Aug 2013 11:36am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12