Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Dealership & Service Feedback > Peter Vardy LR Aberdeen
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Baron

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Baltic Blue
Peter Vardy LR Aberdeen

Just posted this elsewhere on the forum but thought I'd best put this part here for others in the Aberdeen area.

Peter Vardy LR Aberdeen have now corrected all of the outstanding minor issues I had with my ff although it did take two separate visits to do so. I'm pleased with the final outcome and they seem to be making slow but positive improvements in the service they provide. So much so that I have signed up for a 5 year service deal and will be taking up a LR extended warranty.

Overall I am very happy with the service I received but as with all businesses these days you need to state very clearly (and repeatedly) what it is you want. Don't assume they will do something you would do were you in their position.

I score them 8/10 and improving. 4.4 TDV8 Vogue Baltic Blue MY11

Post #204078 15th Aug 2013 10:34am
aus10RRW

Scotland 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Santorini Black

Baron, you are the first person that Iv heard of that is actually praising Peter Vardys...........the amount of horror stories Iv heard from there is unreal.
Based on past experience, I would never go near the place, and also I hear Bryan Bothwick (apologies for the mis-spelling Sad ) has also left. He was the only decent guy there in the service department.

Fingers crossed Vardys is improving, it would save me a trip to Perth for warrenty work!!

Post #204275 16th Aug 2013 3:40am
Baron

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Baltic Blue

Hahaha well I hope my positive experience continues.

I too had heard some not so good news about them but I take an approach to make it as difficult as possible for service providers of any type to get it wrong. I find that by spelling out my requirements repeatedly and in writing it tends to help them along on the right path and they get the message that you will settle for nothing less than full satisfaction.

Another example this afternoon at Kinghorn approved LR bodyshop after they'd had my car for a week. I asked them to do 4 things, gave them a list, ran through it over the phone before collection "yes, that's all been done". When I got there, 3 done, 1 not done. So I had them do it there and then. Only took 15 mins but it's the lack of attention to detail that companies (or their employees) seem to lack these days.

So, over the couple of visits to PVLR I have had so far I've sensed an improving situation and I'm hoping that's going to continue. Especially as I've just signed up to a long term service agreement! 4.4 TDV8 Vogue Baltic Blue MY11

Post #204405 16th Aug 2013 6:13pm
oldcro

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster 4.4 V8 Stornoway Grey

I had my 2012 Westminster serviced at Peter Vardy LR Aberdeen and was not impressed with them. So instead of putting a deposit on a new Sport (estimated delivery quoted as April/May2014) I have ordered a Porsche Cayenne S Diesel. The Cayenne was also quoted with April/May delivery but I was then offered an October 2013 built slot and took it.

The Sport and Cayenne with chosen options came out about the same price and although they are very different SUV's (one being sporty and the other a Sport) I'm getting a car with the options I will actually use.

The Porsche dealership is next door to the Land Rover dealership and also owned by Peter Vardy, so hope I'm not stepping out of the frying pan into the fire.

Post #204415 16th Aug 2013 7:34pm
Contraband

Scotland 

^ oldcro

Here is a post from the PCGB site.. I am a member and they come up for discussion now and again..

No time for OPC Aberdeen.

3 times I did a 100 mile round trip to have a fault corrected that should have been seen to before delivery of a car I bought from them.
When I went up to collect it for the third time (after it had been laying up there for 3 days) I asked if it was finally sorted, they said we've not had time to look at it......

I gave up after that.

Current
Cayman S Black Edition
Previous
Cayman S
997 Carrera 4s
996 Carrera 4s
996 Carrera 4
924 Previously..
Vogue SE TD6
Defender 90 2.4
Defender 110 TD5
Vogue 3.5 EFI

Post #204416 16th Aug 2013 8:15pm
wackyjim

Scotland 2011 Range Rover SE TDV8 Santorini Black

If only Arnold Clark did Porsche Whistle

Post #204418 16th Aug 2013 8:18pm
Contraband

Scotland 

^ don't even joke about that jim !! Shocked
(ps passed a crash at yours tonight... Car never took the roundabout at dobbies and rolled... Smashed up big time) Previously..
Vogue SE TD6
Defender 90 2.4
Defender 110 TD5
Vogue 3.5 EFI

Post #204422 16th Aug 2013 8:34pm
wackyjim

Scotland 2011 Range Rover SE TDV8 Santorini Black

Yep saw that too..that roundabout is a nightmare for getting cut up on the inside lane, problem is that every road leading onto the roundabout is busy and you often get young idiots coming from Arbroath arriving at it at full tilt forgetting about the old dears making there way slowly from Monifieth going to Dobbies, quite often you see a car sitting on top of the roundabout.... second accident this week but tonights looked the worst for wee while Sad

Post #204426 16th Aug 2013 8:45pm
oldcro

Thanks Contraband, so I could be leaping out of the frying pan it seems. Still not as bad as their Land Rover site who until pointed out to them the engine oil used did not conform to LR's specifications in any way.

You would think a Land Rover mechanic and dealership would know what the correct oil to use is.

Post #204439 16th Aug 2013 9:41pm
Contraband

Scotland 

Oldcro.

I have never had experience of the Aberdeen service dept. Sales are nice guys, spare parts are great.. That was only one persons experience I posted, but to be honest, there are a few more that make me cringe.
I would say, from the posts of the last year, that Edinburgh was the best OPC to get service done.
I think, be it Porsche or FFRR, that we should state when we drop off the car what we expect..
Also, I know you are far away, but the PCGB is worth joining. Thumbs Up Previously..
Vogue SE TD6
Defender 90 2.4
Defender 110 TD5
Vogue 3.5 EFI

Post #204444 16th Aug 2013 9:52pm
oldcro

I have joined PCGB as a guest, I'm too far away to get any real advantage from being a member I think.

Post #204447 16th Aug 2013 10:26pm
aus10RRW

Scotland 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Santorini Black

oldcro wrote:
Thanks Contraband, so I could be leaping out of the frying pan it seems. Still not as bad as their Land Rover site who until pointed out to them the engine oil used did not conform to LR's specifications in any way.

You would think a Land Rover mechanic and dealership would know what the correct oil to use is.

Heard of one guy who put his FFRR in for a service recently, when he collected it, he was handed a very resonable bill for the service. Quite cheap he reckoned...................until he got 20 miles along the road and the engine blew up, the mechanic forgot to put in fresh engine oil!!!!

Post #204478 17th Aug 2013 3:14am
Stonehaven

Scotland 2006 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Cairns Blue
Just moved service to Cupar

Just moved my Inspection 1 service and MOT to Pentland in Cupar. It is saving me more than £120 by not using PV in Aberdeen. PV asked some very odd questions about if Cupar included oil or even used the same amount!

Judging by the previous post perhaps I should have been asking what oil PV were planning to include Shocked

T&C were far from perfect, but at least they were prepared to consider the point of view of their customers. 2016 RRS Autobiography, Gone in 2018 56 plate Vogue SE TDV8 - my first Land Rover since Disco 2. Other cars 2012 Boxster S, 2007 FL2, 1996 MX5 Gleneagles, kids Fiat 500 and Corsa. Recent now gone 2003 Subaru WRX Wagon PPP, Mk3.5 MX5, VW Tiguan, 997 Porsche Carerra 4S, Porsche Boxster S (old) and wife's 2007 Saab Wagon. Recently had Subaru Impreza STI PPP, various MX5s and RX8. RR is first grown up car for a while.

Post #209351 10th Sep 2013 4:04pm
oldcro

When Peter Vardy Landrover Aberdeen carried out my first service I was charged £150 for 10 litres of the wrong oil. I bought another 10 litres of the correct spec oil and went back to them to change it (an expensive trip for me). Having told them I expected to be reimbursed the £150 paid for the wrong oil, which was agreed.

I am still waiting for my money from them, although I was told they wanted to spend as little money as possible rectifying their error. Nice to know a multi-million pound company can increase its profits by cheating an old age pensioner. I just hope it is the dealership that has such low moral scruples and not a Peter Vardy Company wide policy.

Last edited by oldcro on 29th May 2014 10:23pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #209423 10th Sep 2013 8:41pm
duka

2010 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Alaska White

I wouldn't have put my car (missus TDV8) near town & county, mixed reports on vardys.

I use Frank Ogg Elgin, who are collecting the car for it's 3 year service & first MOT this week. Once out of LR warranty, it will be Greenbank 4x4 who looked after my old SC for several year - excellent service!

Post #209478 11th Sep 2013 8:37am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>