Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Wheels & Tyres > Need new winters - think it'll be Vreds
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Print this entire topic · 
AJS4X4

Never had anyone of my customers give negative feed back on the Vredestein Wintrac 4 Xtreme's except when lower than 4mm, at this point hopefully you can just run them out in the summer.

We now have the majority using Wintracs running them all year round.

Had a few asking "where is the snow" but even so these tyres work very well in the cold and wet. Thumbs Up Andy....

www.ajstyres.co.uk www.ajs4x4.co.uk

01737 241370.

Always best to phone first.

Post #238430 31st Jan 2014 9:32am
DBYT

United States 2011 Range Rover Supercharged 5.0 SC V8 Galway Green

KurtVerbose wrote:
Sorry DBYT, I know you're just quoting someone else. Thumbs Up

No problems at all. Thumbs Up

I asked him to post his location so we can better understand the conditions he has to contend with where the Vredsteins are hopeless for him. We have had an unusually harsh winter here outside of Philadelphia with plenty of snow and I have done a thousand or so miles in a range of adverse winter conditions and found the vreds to be more than capable. I am one of these people that relishes inclement weather so that I can take the Rangie out. I have had the car out in fields with a foot of snow, on icy highways etc and in snow mode, the abs and traction control have not kicked in once. The only time the car has lost traction is when I deliberately floored it in an open parking lot to do some doughnuts in the snow.

Based on the poster's comments, I can only assume he either lives in a remote part of Alaska or he is one of those drivers that think power is the solution to every adverse driving situation. 2015 RR Supercharged - Aintree Green
2011 RR Supercharged - Galway Green
2013 Porsche 911S
2002 RR 4.6 HSE - Epsom Green

Post #238473 31st Jan 2014 1:58pm
Vogue

United Kingdom 

anybody who says Vreds are hopeless, either hasn't used them, has absolutely no experience or hasn't compared them to other winter tyres. I ran a set for over 25k miles with absolutely no problems at all, winter, summer, snow and ice.

Post #238477 31st Jan 2014 2:09pm
DBYT

United States 2011 Range Rover Supercharged 5.0 SC V8 Galway Green

OK, I think I found out why Brad was so disappointed with his Vreds. From his post below, the key issue seems to be that he did not realise he needed to run his tyres in for the first 100miles or so. From all reviews I have read, the issues he points out are common in the first 100 miles or so before the tyres run in.

I'm from newengland and I also intentionally go out during bad weather to do mundane chores just to drive around in the snow (I enjoy it for some reason).

I saw all the great reviews on the tires, which is why I decided to try them out... I was seriously blown away by how bad they were. Maybe mine were defective or something but they were JUST mounted when I got the car. Lane changes in on a snowy highway doing 30mph were freaking terrifying, as was taking turns, leaving stop signs, trying to stop... It was ridiculous. I attribute the reviews to people running them on normal winter wheels and not mounting them on wide 20" supercharged wheels. My current winter set has Scorpions and IMO they're worlds better. Then again it's tough to find tires for these wheels, my 19's on my 2004 had alot of options (and better). 2015 RR Supercharged - Aintree Green
2011 RR Supercharged - Galway Green
2013 Porsche 911S
2002 RR 4.6 HSE - Epsom Green

Post #238661 1st Feb 2014 3:52am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234