Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > Dunkeld Range Rover Experince
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
STMVOGUE2010

Scotland 
Dunkeld Range Rover Experince

Well enjoyed a morning session in new model L405 Range Rover 4.4 at Dunkeld Off-Road Experience Centre. Staff were fantastic and very knowledgeable.

The whole idea was to have a comparison to my current 2010 3.6 TDV8.

I certainly admire the new model for is on and off road ability, however thats where the love story sadly comes to an end for me.

I bought my current car as I have always aspired to that model of car and spent ages searching for the right car and I think that I have done very well to end up owning the model I currently have and love working on it servicing and maintaining it and always ensure that it is perfectly turned out every time I drive it.

Dont get me wrong if I had £100k to spend on a new Range Rover I might consider the L405 but then I would spend instead £50K on a very late Range Rover L322 4.4 SE and put the other £50k in the bank. and here is the sad part for me, Its not the money that would bring that decision about I would still do that even if money was no object.

My car every time I use it I feel like there is a real sense of occasion and I did not feel that in the new model not on Saturday at Dunkeld or at the launch at Gleneagles which I attended. New model just seems soulless to me although its a great car in every way.

I am sure there are plenty of people out there who may disagree, but I am sure there will be lots of current L322 owners who will feel as I do.

Don't see me changing my current model any time soon.

Last edited by STMVOGUE2010 on 16th Sep 2013 4:14pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #210355 15th Sep 2013 11:01am
Robert

France 2007 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

45views and no reaction yet, let me be the first. It is probably all a mather of taste, but the 322 has a lot more character for me. The 405 might be a better car, but the lines just don't do it for me. It's the same with the baby range, it's to "Corean" to much of the same lines you'll find in all 4x4. My next one will be a late 322 and by the time that one has to go we're probably all banned as " big poluters" and we all drive a little electric bubble.

Post #210379 15th Sep 2013 12:16pm
andy180

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

I must agree having recently viewed a new L405 our local LR dealer I have to agree that it's not quite as majestic as the L322 IMO!

Personally I have previously expressed my overall approval of the design however I have a general dislike of the following items:-

- The wrap around lights front and back
- The wheel designs
- The silly vents below the lights in the front bumper
- The vents on the doors

If LR had toned down the above styling elements I think the car would have looked much better whilst still retains the aerodynamic properties and pedestrian impact properties required.

Anyway having previously made the above judgements based on view the car on the road I had the chance to sit in it and get a feel for the car, overall very nice and a massive improvement over my 2003 L322. However having sat in late 2011 L322's I have to say the interior in the L405 felt a bit more ordinary and a lot like a big luxury evoque, I think they could have differentiated the L405's interior more from the Evoque and new RRS, also who wants touch screen Nav? I'd much prefer a rotary wheel like Audi have; Touch screens end up greasy and all 'paw' marks very quickly..... Now: BMW 640d M Sport, Alpine White
Gone: Range Rover 4.4 V8 Vogue, Zambezi Silver, Charcoal Oxford Leather
Also: Mk1 Audi TT 1.8T Quattro, Brilliant Black
[URL=]

Click image to enlarge
[/URL]

Post #210980 18th Sep 2013 8:00pm
RR2008HSE

Canada 2008 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Java Black

OK, comments...

I love the L322 and I think it will age very well. I totally agree - even without $/£ being an issue, an L322 + 50k in the bank will beat a 405 any day.

That said, I do like the look of the 405. And it grows on me more and more. They're both good. Very Happy

Post #211020 19th Sep 2013 2:39am
campaj1

United Kingdom 

you all know my views on this Laughing
reference most of my previous posts for rants about what is wrong with the new car.
We'll see the likes of the L322 and Classic again at some point, the proper Range Rover shape is just too timeless a design to be left to the history books.

Post #211089 19th Sep 2013 2:00pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1