Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L405) > Residuals...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
cpd1

United Kingdom 
Residuals...

It is still early days and supply is tight with 4-6 months lead-time on new orders BUT there are 99 FFRR new shapes for sales on the LR website.
Few interesting stats: 70% V8 rest V6, one lonely SC. In terms of specs 45% are Vogue SE , 30% Vogue and 25% AB. Numbers likely skewed with early demos that seemingly were SDV8 Vogue SE at all dealers.
Colour wise, always funny to see how conservative the choices are 37% black, rest grey/silver inc. causeway... 56% with pano roof.
Cheapest one is high mileage 32k Vogue V6 @ $68k, still only 5% below new...all others are list or above list, to be expected at this stage.
Nevertheless, given the big price increase of the new model, was wondering what the consensus was around residual after 2-3 years. LR PCP GFMV is same for V8 and V6 @ about 35% after 3yrs, ie 65% drop...50% drop in a couple of years for a nice SDV8 is close to £50k, chunk of change
Views greatly appreciated

Post #212823 28th Sep 2013 9:20am
Vogue

United Kingdom 

Seen it all before when the P38 & then the L322 was launched, values holding up well initially. But I very much doubt we will see 50% drop over 2 years fir cars with average mileage. we aren't even seeing that with the last if the 322's, mileage does play a large part though. 2021 L405 Vogue SE 4.4 V8 DIESEL ~ #17

Post #212885 28th Sep 2013 2:31pm
Nappler

2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black

I don't really understand why people criticize for others picking conservative colours, usually their the best, Causeway is one of the best looking colours on the L405, and you're going to sell a Black or Grey one when you want to more easily than a Blue or Red one.

Post #212935 28th Sep 2013 8:54pm
cpd1

United Kingdom 

not sure if that was a generic statement re colour but I just gave the stats, not a criticism. No doubt colour choices are conservative but that makes sense as most large cars look better in dark colours. Also given the price point, not many ppl keen to be too individual and risk a marmite effect comes resale time

Post #212972 29th Sep 2013 8:40am
Philip

2019 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

Can't see it being wildly different from the L322, the finance numbers are going to be pessimistic given that they only offer it to make money.

Post #213004 29th Sep 2013 11:16am
Nappler

cpd1 wrote:
not sure if that was a generic statement re colour but I just gave the stats, not a criticism. No doubt colour choices are conservative but that makes sense as most large cars look better in dark colours. Also given the price point, not many ppl keen to be too individual and risk a marmite effect comes resale time

Sorry, the comment wasn't aimed at you.
Just in general you do often hear people criticize others for buying a car in a popular or conservative colour, despite the fact it still looks good, and what's wrong with thinking about resale, especially when buying something second hand.

Some buyers might go for a left field colour because they like it best and that's great for them, I'm glad they've bought the car they want but other people do think about when they come to sell and there's nothing wrong with that either.

Post #213008 29th Sep 2013 11:29am
Philip

2019 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

The majority are surely on the never-never so resale is irrelevant to these "owners".

Post #213012 29th Sep 2013 11:42am
Nappler

True, I hadn't thought of it that way, L405 ownership is a few Years off for me!!.

Post #213027 29th Sep 2013 2:27pm
Nick Ground

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Indus Silver

The colour question is interesting. When I chose mine in Firenze Red the initial reaction of the salesman was 'brave decision'. The dealer principal came into the discussion and said that whenever a Red car came into stock it rarely stayed for more than 10 days. The 'favourite' colours take longer to sell as there are so many more to choose in many dealers. Prices not necessarily higher or lower due to colour but the rarer colours usually go on a quick stock turn and hence profit.(Unless its a Spectral Pink with Deep Tan leather of course)

I'm happy anyway. 2019 D5 HSE Lux SDV6 Indus
55 D3 SE
98 MX5 1.8 RS
gone 17 older variants of FFRR

Post #213135 30th Sep 2013 10:13am

United Kingdom 

When is comes to selling your car to a dealer you never have the right colour in my experience. Either you have the common colour combo and they say "we have got loads of those in stock at the moment" as a reason to give you a low price or if you have a less common combo they say "that is a very unusual colour choice, not much demand for those" and also give you a low price. Laughing

I agree with Nick as long as your colour combo is not too outrageous then there are likely to be others who will appreciate it and want it and if it is a rare choice this can work for you. When buying used people are less hung up on resale value and go more with what they like. It is best to sell privately in these circumstances though.

I had this exact issue when I came to sell a green Porsche 911 a few years ago. None of the Porsche dealers in the South East were interested because of it being green but a dealer in Edinburgh was really keen to have it and gave a great price because it was different to all the other cars they had on the lot.

Post #213213 30th Sep 2013 4:55pm
cpd1

United Kingdom 

that's such a true comment. Bottom line when you try to sell a car to a dealer, hey never say great there is always a BUT.
Tricky to gauge right now how value will hold given the move up in price, does this become the new FFRR territory or does it get corrected come resale time.
Have debated long and hard FFRR vs RRS but I am pretty such set on FFRR. Think a £95k SDV8 FFRR makes more sense than a £82k RRS SDV6 AB

Post #213240 30th Sep 2013 7:26pm
Gazellio @ Prestige Cars

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover SE Td6 Zermatt Silver

Not all dealers... Whistle

Post #213242 30th Sep 2013 7:29pm
cpd1

United Kingdom 

Good to have a professional here Wink
What is your opinion on 405 resale value 2 years out? Appreciate it is difficult but you have the experience

Post #213254 30th Sep 2013 8:38pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1