Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L405) > MY15
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
tboner001

England 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Fuji White

oh damn , i was hoping for heated finger warmers on the MY15 not just a heated wheel , so now i will have to cancel the MY15 as the MY16 will have them Twisted Evil together with 9 new options including a standard can opener on the AB.

Also for 2016 MY JLR are introducing new quality and testing controls and post factory line checking doubling the workforce in that department from 1 to 2 Razz and will also be adding in a new department for parts outsourcing they will from 2016 now be checking 1 in every 500 parts are correct and working before they go to line. However they will also increase there staffing levels on there " find the cheapest outsource parts " team from 500 people to 1000. Shocked

Agh damn i must also cancel my new OLED TV as it will be out of date 3 weeks after launch.

Also do not buy a Skoda RS am told a de-badge option will be available in late 2015 got to be worth the wait on that alone.

PS the JLR FFRR config builder was taken down on Friday to allow for a New MY14.5 specs and options build config to go live Far to many gone...

Post #226464 2nd Dec 2013 8:23am
Stevek

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Loire Blue

Hi All,

Have a look at this video from a JLR presentation at the Indian Auto Show yesterday:

From 06:30 he refers to the pending infotainment system with some very brief pictures. The software is still due to roll out this year for MY15. However the new system continues to experience lots of 'bug' issues and it remains in a 'beta' status. They are working hard with their technology partner Bosch and their SoftTec integration platform in order to meet the looming deadline.

What's SoftTec I hear you ask! Take a look at this video from Bosch:

And their webpage here:

http://www.bosch-softtec.com/myspin/myspinhome.html

Best regards,

Steve

Post #240795 7th Feb 2014 3:11pm

United Kingdom 

Sounds like this could be some more classic JLR development while in production (read numerous trips back to the dealers for fixes). I hope they have had the forethought to enable remote software upgrades like BMW with this new system.

Post #240819 7th Feb 2014 4:59pm
tboner001

England 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Fuji White

Yup remote would be great Smile 14.5 MY so far 7 updates on My L405 and more to come , and 5 on 14.5 RRS.

Gotta love being a test pilot Twisted Evil NOT Far to many gone...

Post #241282 9th Feb 2014 11:55am
d3rm0

What's SoftTec I hear you ask! Take a look at this video from Bosch:

This all out of date already! I have a MY2014 F11 5 Series that was half the price of my L405 and the Professional Media in it is amazing. 10.2 inch screen, 3D rendering, Satellite imagery, send locations to the car from Google maps. The best bit is the Siri integration. I can read and reply to emails and messages on the move with startling accuracy. I can just about change to D.A.B with voice control in 14.5MY L405!

MY15,MY16,MY22 it does not matter, JLR will always be behind the curve.

Did I mention that my old 5 series was fault free for 36 months and 50,000 miles

Post #241481 9th Feb 2014 8:19pm
Dulcinea

United Kingdom 

I just ordered a Range Rover on Friday and given the length of delivery emailed my dealer this morning to see whether it would be a MY15. He is trying to find out the position but also said there are changes to the infotainment system in the MY14.5 that is due soon. Anyone aware of this and is it the same change as mentioned above?

Post #241595 10th Feb 2014 10:41am
crookedm

2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Java Black

Get in! More stuff I can't afford Thumbs Up

Post #241790 10th Feb 2014 10:21pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12