Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > The First Range Rover You Ever Drove
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Andy S

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Aintree Green

GOM 747W in July 1982. Sahara Dust 3 door classic which I found in the classifieds of the Birmingham Post for my Dad, who bought it. 4 speed spider leg stick and basic inside. First of 4 RRs Dad had, followed by 5 Discos, Loved that first one though.

Post #219846 30th Oct 2013 9:45pm
Baron

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Baltic Blue

The one I bought last May! 6 months in and I can't imagine ever owning another type of vehicle. A FF hits my spot. 4.4 TDV8 Vogue Baltic Blue MY11

Post #219863 30th Oct 2013 10:59pm
paneldamage

United Kingdom 

Bought a 1972 2door straight after passing my test aged 17 in '79.... It was that mustard yellow colour, " Bahamas Gold" I think was it's official description, we used to describe the colour as Calf Scour Yellow. Funny, I must have had a thing for car colour changes even back then, cos it was'nt long before I changed it to the factory Lincoln Green, with gold inset panel through the centre, I have some pics some where, I will scan and post them- I look about aged 12!! Contrasting colour through the centre inset section was all the go back then. I gave £1800 for it, and I seem to recall that this was about the same as it had cost new- inflation and some weird economics - was there a currency revaluation or something - having twisted the usual downhill slide in values, plus they were still very desirable even then

Wonder where it is now? I can even remember the reg: BKD 990K.

Next up was my first four door, bought virtually new in 1984, what a machine, that car with the soft grey velour trim remains the most comfortable car I have ever owned, I think it was one of the first of the EFI's, as they were known back then. Reg no B871 GMR. Funny, I can't remember what I had for my lunch, but these reg no' s have stuck in my brain.

Post #219885 31st Oct 2013 12:40am
IanV8

Scotland 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Santorini Black

Back in 1975, when I was 23, I bought JMV 545 K a 1971 2 door in Sahara Dust.

PVC seats, no carpets and not even a rear wiper, seat belts were manual adjust.

People used to ask what it was and lots of people tried to buy it from me.

Now on number 6.

Ian

Post #219906 31st Oct 2013 10:14am
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

I was about 11 yrs old, maybe 12, I drove my dad's 1984 B reg brand new 4 door Vogue across fields on the farm. I'd do this every day while he was feeding the pheasants. Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #219908 31st Oct 2013 10:18am
BIGMAMMA

England 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

In the early 70's, I was a young teenager, not old enough to drive, was competing in a County canoe rally for my scout group. My older friend had just been given a mustard yellow Rangy, K or L reg probably, and came to support our group. He was a mobile road plant engineer, and this was his company car/van - it could go anywhere. He let me have a go down a muddy track. I looked out from the drivers window to view the rear tyres spinning in the goo, and got covered from the fronts!! Magic days, that memory has stayed with me, and I'm about to seek out my third FF very soon.

Post #219912 31st Oct 2013 10:24am
Budgie

Scotland 

I was a late starter, compared to others.
I bought my first RR in about 1988 when I traded in my ex-MoD 109 Series III for it.

Being used to the hard suspension on the SIII the drive home, in the dark, was a bit scary as it felt like I was driving a water bed with the leaning it did on some corners. I soon got used it it though and I kept it a a few years until a house buy forced me to sell it. Crying or Very sad

This is my second one which I got a couple of years later.
This one I made some changes too, like big bore stainless exhaust, electric fans, uprated cam & SU carbs. It sounded really nice and went well. Razz

Post #219937 31st Oct 2013 12:11pm
markyp

England 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zambezi Silver

My first drive of a range was about 95 or 96 a 2,5 dse, many moon ago I would reload from ormskirk back to London, the manager bought the car brand new, and he would let me go to the take away for a burger , kebab, kfc , whatever. I thought then, one day im gonna get me one of these, 18 years later I eventually got one, Very Happy 2004 vogue
1978 Pontiac Firebird
2010 Fiesta

Post #220267 2nd Nov 2013 2:11am
rvank

United States 2007 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Java Black

The first ever Range Rover I drove was... stolen (a fact I would not find out until after driving it so don't judge me just yet).

It started at a party in college. I ran into an old high school friend - He was a couple years younger than me and that eager to please, never really fit in type of kid. We got to chatting, caught up, and both realized that we were bored at this party. Lucky for me, my old friend here knew of another awesome party. Cool. I said let's go.

The party was a bit far though, and I had walked here. "No worries. My car is just outside. I just need to get my keys," this friend of mine said. He disappeared off into some room at the party - Hmm. Curious. I didn't know this kid knew the people hosting the party - and came back with a shiny pair of keys, a big ole RR key hanging on to the key ring. Being a bit of a car nut I knew what car that key belonged to. There's no way this 18 year old has a new RR (the L322 had only just come out at this point), I thought to myself.

We get to the parking garage for this apartment complex and sure enough, there is a beautiful, big, black, full fat Range Rover. With a click, it's lights blink, a little mechanical hello from one beautiful car. I swoon. I confess my love of the car and ask if I can drive. He obliges and we head off. As neither of us are in a rush, I convince him to let me take it for a stroll around town - a pushing this car to it's limits stroll, an, unbeknownst to me, joyride in a stolen car.

Finally at the new party, after an hour of toying around in what I just decided is my new favorite car ever, I get a call from the host of the first party we were just at. "Dude. Did you see anyone take a Range Rover? Someone stole my friend's keys and took off with his Range Rover."

Hmm. That's odd. Maybe a concerned partygoer didn't know the car belonged to the friend with me now, and thought it was stolen. Then my friend on the phone says the girl's name that owns the range rover. Girl's name.... Girl. My friend, this guy who I apparently just stole a car with, is most definitely... a guy. Censored . What do I say? Censored . Did I just steal a car?

I look over and see the look on my friend's face. He must have heard what they said on the phone because his face goes white, and he just runs out of the party. I never saw "my friend" again after that night.

And that was the first time I ever drove a Range Rover.... a Range Rover that just happened to be stolen. Whoops. Don't worry, y'all. I own mine legally now. And in case you're curious, the statute of limitations on joyriding have long since expired here in Texas. 2007 Range Rover Supercharged
2003 Jeep Wrangler

rvank.com

Post #220821 5th Nov 2013 12:10am
stagger

United Kingdom 

My first drive was a test drive in in 1981 for a 73 RR after the drive I said I would have it and that I would be back at 2 o'clock with the money, when I returned there were two other buyers waiting to buy it if I did not return, kept the motor for 9 years,

Post #220887 5th Nov 2013 12:19pm
kingpleb

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey

An armoured L322 V8, circa 2003 reg.

That thing really was slow and god did it not like the corners too much...

nearly put me off them as well with the rubbish screen setup but i bided my time Smile FFRR MY06 facelift With TDV8 Alloys Zeros/ATR's
Mantec Sump Guard, Rigid Load liner, MY10 BT upgrade.

Post #221160 6th Nov 2013 3:15pm
Gazellio @ Prestige Cars

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover SE Td6 Zermatt Silver

Brand New 1994 Black Classic Vogue SE Softdash with Cream Leather & Alloys.

Great car Thumbs Up

Post #221166 6th Nov 2013 4:19pm
Harris

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Zermatt Silver

OMG 585L a 72 two door which I bought around 1986 and sold around 1998 after it had been round the clock 5 times

Post #226185 30th Nov 2013 7:22pm
peejay

England 2009 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Santorini Black

1983, borrowed my bosse's Classic 3 door V8 manual that he'd bought to pick up hay for his horses as he didn't want to use his other RR (Rolls Royce!)!! I was going on a caravan holiday but didn't have a car suitable to tow it so he lent me the Rangie - loved them ever since but only managed to get one myself this year - for towing our caravan Smile

Post #226199 30th Nov 2013 9:02pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12