Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Error code 0B-41 what does it mean.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
ppcsl

Scotland 2005 Range Rover Autobiography Td6 Java Black
Error code 0B-41 what does it mean.

I have no sound from my radio, sat nav or bluetooth. I have looked through all the different posts and they seem to point to the amp at fault. I have gone into the hidden menu and the error code 0B-41 seems to have been logged at the exact time the sound stopped.
Does this error code point to the amp or anything else in the system.
If anybody has a list of these codes could you post for me so I can try and pin point the exact faulty component.
There are a few other error codes but they are all from months ago.
Any help would be gratefully received.
Thanks Traded in my Audi TT 225 for my Range Rover TD6 Autobiography in Java Black. Range Rover now sold.

Post #220803 4th Nov 2013 10:53pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

early fullfats suffer from water ingress in the near side rear electronics compartment, i would have a look in there first to eliminate it.. ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #220805 4th Nov 2013 10:57pm
ppcsl

Hi Stan, the area looks bone dry. I had a good look at it today and there was no visible water marks and the bottom of the tray is dry (dropped socket head into it it was a f**k moment).
I have searched for the code but it doesn't show up except for another RR driver looking for info on the error code.
I don't want to buy the wrong part if this code actually points to the faulty item.
thanks Traded in my Audi TT 225 for my Range Rover TD6 Autobiography in Java Black. Range Rover now sold.

Post #220815 4th Nov 2013 11:40pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

there are a couple of links in the wiki to code sites so it might be worth having a look there. ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #220850 5th Nov 2013 9:39am
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Even though the amp area is now dry, that doesn't mean there has not been a water leak some years ago before your ownership?

The usual issues are some time after a water leak has been identified, the/one electrical plugs within that area then start to grow a kind of green algae on the metal connections... This usually ends up with electrical issues like yours...

So, remove any/all of the plugs in the left hand boot area and inspect them for green growth, and remember... The dreaded "green stuff" may only be on one connection (as that maybe was the only electrical connector that got wet) So don't be fooled into thinking it's ok because the first couple of connectors are clean... Thumbs Up

Post #220859 5th Nov 2013 9:55am
ppcsl

Thanks Stan, I did have a look at the various wiki links but nothing showed the 0B-41 error code from the diagnostics menu. The car did show up another error in the HLDF self test - B100F25 companion video input failure and in the diagnostic error codes - 30-BD which happened this morning when I was running through the test menus. The video input one is probably a loose cable after I had been in the boot yesterday trying to find/fix the problem. I will have to wait till the weekend to have another look.
I will take Cam Techs advice and have an even bigger root around the boot area and remove the cover panels as per workshop manual instructions. I need to get to the bottom of this soon, silence isn't a good thing when commuting into Aberdeen, I can hear myself swear at the other drivers Shocked
Thanks guys for the help/advice. Traded in my Audi TT 225 for my Range Rover TD6 Autobiography in Java Black. Range Rover now sold.

Post #220968 5th Nov 2013 7:22pm
greasemonkey1

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Java Black

i had that problem,try the blue tooth Nokia module in the back,,its a black module that sits right at the top of all the rest of the module,,you'll see that there is two leads going into it,they are prone to get water damage and shut everything down,it usually starts off with the phone connectivity,the unit will drop calls then if the water or moisture problem is not sorted it progresses to damage everything else,you could removed it by removing one torx screw in the middle of the module that blots the module down onto the black entertainment sub frame in the rear left hand side of the range and remove the one wiring loom that connects to it and the optical lead,open the module up and you should see like the previous post says green like residue around the terminals that's the apparent water damage signs get some electrical cleaner and spray the module down and the terminals that fits into the module,do not run the range whilst the module is not connected as you wont get a screen on,on the main sat nav,radio screen ,it will just say land rover ,try that if that doesn't work then unfortunately you've just become yet another member in the long queue that has suffered from water leak problem on the l322...the nokia module ain't cheap even second hand they are a couple of hundred pounds on ebay,if you're unsure what they look like go on ebay and type range rover bluetooth module and you'll see what it is you have to remove and try dry up with the electrical cleaner.....hope this helps,all this info was given to me by technician at L.R west london and it worked for me....STEVE

Post #221266 6th Nov 2013 9:38pm
ppcsl

Hi Steve, thanks for the info. Hopefully it isn't the bluetooth module I replaced it October last year with an exchange from Wiggs. I will take it out and give it a good look over. I did look at it on Monday and it looked okay no water damage visible. I think I will need to inspect all of the devices carefully as the fibre optic bus they are on seem to be running in a loop which may require every device to be fully functioning for the system to work.
What a pain in the rear this system is, sound quality is very good Sat Nav is not good and the phone connection is just okay. I should have gone lower spec and used my TomTom. Big Cry Traded in my Audi TT 225 for my Range Rover TD6 Autobiography in Java Black. Range Rover now sold.

Post #221358 7th Nov 2013 12:25am
ppcsl

Well I stripped it all out on Saturday and not one sign of water, no dribble marks, no green ectoplasm everything is bone dry and clean.
Does anyone know what the error code 0B-41 is, I think this will point to the problem. This is an error code taken from the secret menu in the Sta Nav in the diagnostics menu.
The codes from this menu do not look like any of the other codes in the wiki but someone must have access to what these codes mean. I don't want to hand the car over to a garage and be charged a fortune for them to diagnose the problem then be charged a fortune for them to fix it.
Any help you can offer in figuring this problem out will be gratefully received. Traded in my Audi TT 225 for my Range Rover TD6 Autobiography in Java Black. Range Rover now sold.

Post #222222 11th Nov 2013 8:01pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1