Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > 2003 RR radio/cd mutes on its own
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
b20wht

2003 RR radio/cd mutes on its own

Why does my none touch screen radio mute its self when I turn the ignition off? It only happens some times. I can get in one day and I have no sound and have to turn the volume up, the next day it's fine and the volume is at the same level as when I last got out!? No real pattern to it but more often than not its turned right down and I have to adjust it up manually. Is it a fault or am I missing something? I have done a reset and its the same.

Post #232884 4th Jan 2014 8:34pm
dba11

United Kingdom 

Hi,

I have an 03 Vogue, and had the same problem for a few months when i first got the car (Nov 2013), well i thought it was a problem.

When i started the car initially, i used to just put the key in and turn it and start the engine. The sound would always have been muted.

At the same time i had a few faults come up on screen, and put it down to the battery on it's way out (replaced a few weeks ago). While looking through this forum about the faults and battery problems, i spotted a few posts which said that when you start the car, put the key in and turn it to position 1 ( i think), let all the computers etc start up and talk to each other, then after a few seconds, turn the key further to start the engine.
After the above procedure i realised the radio etc came on, with the sound at the same level as when i switched the ignition off.

Now when i start the car, i put the key in and wait until DSP appears on screen (and not greyed out), before starting.

Sorry if the above is a load of waffle, but hope it helps you, unless i have a different problem which i don't know about Very Happy

Daren

Post #240357 6th Feb 2014 2:53pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1