Home > Technical (L322) > Problem with ride height suspension
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Vogue Owner

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 V8 Java Black
Problem with ride height suspension

Hi

Has anyone had this problem which has come up twice now and dissapeared the next day.

The light on the air suspension adjustment knob goes out , the dashboard says "Suspension Lowered" and you cant adjust it? You can drive at any speed and the suspension is at access height (according to the display - not sure if it actually is?)

I had this all day yesterday and once before hand - stopped , filled up with fuel ,still the same. Parked up last night , started this morning and everythings ok.

Any ideas?

Post #1238 6th Nov 2008 5:14pm
Vogue

United Kingdom 

Yes exactly this - totally pi**ed off with it.

1st time took to main dealer, couldn't identify the fault, told me the system had gone mental, wiped and reloaded the software - problem solved

2nd time yesterday swithched off vehicle locked and unlocked - no difference. Left it for 1/2 hour and it cleared itself.

Anybody else had this problem, would like to know the cause while she is still under warranty.

Post #1239 6th Nov 2008 6:20pm
JOKER

Scotland 

I had that problem about three times twice i took it to the dealership and they told me it was a software issue . on the third time i called out LR ASSISTANCE and the engineer re - configured it via his laptop and his explanation was that because the RR has so many brains in it.

That it only takes one not to communicate with the other and this causes a software problem to arise sometimes it clears on it own sometimes it has to be cleared by LR

Post #1240 6th Nov 2008 6:28pm
Larry

England 2006 Range Rover SE Td6 Java Black

My first post on this site, but might be able to help.

I had this fault a couple of weeks back, called out Land Rover Assistance and the guy reckoned it was to do with a blocked exhaust valve on the compressor. He took the cover off the compressor mounted under the spare wheel and blew through and cleaned the exhaust valve. Re-fitted and problem gone. Not re-occured since.

I have since asked and the exhaust valve is not covered by any of the dealer service schedules, but is apparently a common fault.

Interestingly the Testbook fault was "Communication lost" with one of the control units. From past experience this can simply be that the sensor is detecting figures outside "normal" parameters and therefore assumes that either the sensor is faulty or there is a communication bus problem.

Post #1505 3rd Dec 2008 9:30am
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Thanks Larry, good to know. Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #1513 3rd Dec 2008 1:13pm
JOKER

Scotland 

This problem has re-occurred , called out LR assistance who have came out and did exactly what Larry had mentioned with regard to the valve , the one that they re-placed it with has been modified , as i have been told by the Techician that this new part will solve this ongoing problem that happen's with the FFRR suspension........

Time will be the judge of that.

Post #1995 23rd Dec 2008 1:53pm
speedymarktd6

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Santorini Black

hi mick do you know what the part is or a part no so we can find out eigher what it does or whether we all could replace it to make our lives so much more stress free Thumbs Up onto no6 Range Rover

Everyone needs a hobby

Post #1998 23rd Dec 2008 4:20pm
JOKER

Scotland 

Sorry fraid not ,the guy had it fitted in about 15 - 20 mins , a case of take out the spare wheel, black metal cover in place with 4 bolts undo bolts and take out, look for a small compressor valve roughly about an inch long thats screws into the pump and the other connects to a pipe , this is what causes the problem , the new modified part is slightly similar but has a very small hole in the side of it to stop it from clogging up.

My mate is a partsman in LR next time i see him i will ask for the part number ................

Post #2001 23rd Dec 2008 7:00pm
speedymarktd6

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Santorini Black

thanks mick i hope you find the info you need and im sure we could all benefit from your knowledge Thumbs Up onto no6 Range Rover

Everyone needs a hobby

Post #2008 23rd Dec 2008 9:48pm
pyramid1235

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Java Black

I had a problem with my suspension it kept bringing up "suspension fault" on the info display and turning the orange led off on the centre console when driving on the road it was more often than not if i went over a bump it would go to fault also it would not lower to access height to clear the fault i turned the ignition on and off which would allow me to change the height to off road but if i tried to go to access height it would start to go down then go straight up to extended mode and be very difficult to get back to normal height - after reading the post about the exhaust valve on the compressor i decided to take it apart and clean it out it was stuck solid in the closed position i eased it out and cleaned it up and freed off - now all faults cleared on suspension and all working as it should will go to access height no problems now at all thanks for the info!! Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #4380 30th Mar 2009 9:10pm
KING OF THE ROAD

United Kingdom 

Had the same fault kept on saying "Suspension Fault" on the dashboard info display. Left it for a day and it dissappeared. But than back again the next day. Took it to the dealer and was told....... the valve on the compressor unit situated under the spare wheel needed to be replaced with a upgraded heavy duty one. Supposedly a very common fault. My car is still under warranty so nothng to pay!! Laughing

Asked the dealer if was such a common fault why has there not been a recall. Not life threatening was the answer!! Exclamation Question

Post #4416 31st Mar 2009 1:53pm
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Recalls are 'black marks' as far as the car industry is concerned, even when the front driveshaft/diff problem was going on everywhere, they just introduced a customer 'programme' to make it seem they were doing us all a favour, rather than actually fixing a known problem part that was causing them loads of hassle. Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #4420 31st Mar 2009 2:43pm
Larry

England 2006 Range Rover SE Td6 Java Black

Don't suppose you got a part number for the new valve? Is it on the invoice/paperwork?

Post #4422 31st Mar 2009 2:53pm
jm

Scotland 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black

I have just had the same problem
Took it Landrover bushes gone on both top and bottom of back end

Surprisingly covered by warranty as they class it as a fail so new bushes next week

Post #4451 1st Apr 2009 5:07pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1