Home > Technical (L322) > EAS - Suspension Inactive
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
ToCoolForSchool

England 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Buckingham Blue
EAS - Suspension Inactive

Hi all,

I know there are many posts and lots of information on 'suspension inactive' errors and I have had an extensive read through, but hope someone can point me in the right direction.

I have had my vogue for about 12 months and this is the third time the suspension has gone inactive. Once it happened and I got it reset and it worked fine. The garage told me it lost its height positions. (Although I have read it should be self calibrating)

The second time when the battery went flat, but it reset itself after a few hours.

And yesterday the third time, but this was different. I was driving along and the max speed warning came on but I was in normal ride height. About 10 seconds later the suspension inactive error popped up and that was that. I tried a couple of reset tips that I found on here but none have worked. This morning I went to my local garage and got the error reset, all seemed fine at the garage and even better the chap (who I've got to know over the years) didn't charge me!

I left the garage and just as I got to thirty the max speed warning came on, but again I was in normal ride height. As expected within ten seconds 'suspension inactive'!

I don't see it worth resetting again, there must be something causing this, but where do I start from here?

I am hoping that the max speed warning before it goes inactive will identify a probable cause? I'm sure someone clever knows what this is likely to be before I start the crude approach of trial and error!

Thanks in advance.

Lawrence

Post #242955 16th Feb 2014 2:16pm
Joe90

England 

Compressor / Airbags / Reservoir / Height Sensors / ECU / gremlins Razz

Need a fault code to know what is causing it, ask you foc garage to tell you what the problem is or get an IIDTOOL or similar .
Experience is the only genuine knowledge, but as time passes, I have forgotten more than I can remember Wink
Volvo V70 P2 2006 2.4 Petrol 170bhp Estate SE
MG Midget Mk1 1962

Previous: L322 Range Rover TDV8 3.6 2008; L322 Range Rover TD6 3.0 2002; P38A Range Rover V8 1999

Post #242999 16th Feb 2014 6:58pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1