Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Events > LANDROVERmax! Show 28th-30th Aug
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
RRRob

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Cairns Blue

We have a spare ticket(£35) if anyone can/wants to make a last minute decision on going. The ticket is valid for either 3 adults or 2 adults and up to 4 children, camping, and all 3 days show entry.
Landytown will be there Fri through to the Mon.
If you are interested give me a PM and the ticket can be picked up on the gate when you arrive. 

Click image to enlarge

Post #26406 25th Aug 2010 8:34pm
skavitch

Well, I've unexpectedly got the weekend off so I think I'll pop down from Cheshire for a look see.

Are FF peoples going on a particular day?

Cheers

Ian Audi A6 3.0 Allroad Quattro
Ducati 1200 Multistrada S

Post #26525 26th Aug 2010 10:00pm
dan_uk_1984

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Tonga Green

Well, that was a load of toss. I only did 1 day, nothing range rover related at all bar the RRR.

The one time an L322 ventured into the arena he was ridiculed the whole way round:

Shame considering he did the best out of all the non modified's.

Other than that, beer was nearly £4 per pint, a "Large" cup of coffee which Costa would sell as a small cost £3 and a bacon bap £3.50 for 2 rashers and long life bread.

Censored you LRM 

Post #26675 28th Aug 2010 9:11pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

not worth going then dan, thanks for the heads up .... ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #26677 28th Aug 2010 9:15pm
dan_uk_1984

I think there were 4 L322's there in total. That's inc the 1 on the G4 stand which was nice:

G4 RR by d86cfv, on Flickr 

Post #26678 28th Aug 2010 9:23pm
Tim in Scotland

Location: Somewhere between here and there, if not then I'm all at sea or at home in Scotland

2010 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Looks like there were more G4 tents than G4 cars on the G4 Club stand then............................. usually those guys have loads of cars on their stand 2018 Mini Countryman Cooper S E All4 PHEV in Melting Silver - it’s whisper quiet in EV and polluter modes

Post #26680 28th Aug 2010 10:11pm
dan_uk_1984

The biggest club there was the Discovery Owners Club, probably bigger than all the other clubs put together.

The Camel Trophy Club was there, but once you've seen a Freelander on its roof at one event that gets a bit samey too.

The Camels and the G4 lot were cordoned off too, so you couldnt get up close enough to look inside the vehicles. Of course they both had their little stands selling mass produced tat and stickers so we can all G4 or Camel up our standard LR's.

Sorry if I'm sounding overly negative, but I could have been doing plenty of other things this weekend, and could certainly have spent the money more wisely. I want some RR sunglasses, and was hoping for some at the show, but they only had the nasty Alberta range.

Post #26681 28th Aug 2010 10:31pm
skavitch

I agree with all the above comments. I thought it was just me thinking it was a waste of time, money and effort.

Pants! Audi A6 3.0 Allroad Quattro

Post #26682 29th Aug 2010 7:24am
skavitch

I agree with all the above comments. I thought it was just me thinking it was a waste of time, money and effort.

Pants! Audi A6 3.0 Allroad Quattro

Post #26683 29th Aug 2010 7:25am
skavitch

Censored . Double post off the Why-iPhone!

Sorry Audi A6 3.0 Allroad Quattro

Post #26684 29th Aug 2010 7:26am
dan_uk_1984

skavitch wrote:

Pants!

I've sent an e-mail in asking for a full refund. I also want to know why some people were charged £35 for a 4 day pass and I even with the club discount was charged £50 for a 3 day pass. Considering I only used 1 day of it I want my money back!

If I get anywhwere I'll let you know. Maybe if a few people ask for a refund then they will take note. 

Post #26690 29th Aug 2010 11:54am
Tim in Scotland

Location: Somewhere between here and there, if not then I'm all at sea or at home in Scotland

2010 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Do you think the Land Rover show market is now saturated? Too many of them and too frequent? The last show I went to was the LRM spring bank holiday show in 2001........................ I enjoyed it and met lots of people who had been names on the Freelander Club and Mud Club forums. BUT it was a long trip south for me, finding accommodation nearby wasn't either easy or cheap and the result is I haven't been back. Everybody raves about "Billing" but that seems to me to be the only Land Rover show that anybody raves about. It's the same with the magazines - after nearly 15 years of subscribing I cancelled all my subscriptions as I just wasn't reading them and they were filling up with items that were of no interest at all to me as the owner of 2 more modern Land Rovers. Now I spend a while in the newsagent scanning them all to see if there is much of interest and usually there isn't so they go back on the shelf. I get more info, tips and news of interest to me from Martin's 5 forums than from any of the magazines. I have have abandoned LandRoverUK/ Land Rover Net forums for everything except the events section. 2018 Mini Countryman Cooper S E All4 PHEV in Melting Silver - it’s whisper quiet in EV and polluter modes

Post #26707 29th Aug 2010 1:21pm
dan_uk_1984

You've hit the nail on the head. I think also the fact this show was run by LRM, a mag I've never really got on with. Why are magazines running events? Other than just to get their name out there.

I remember in ye olden days (1998 was my first issue, I was 14) the only magazine you could find in normal shops was LRO, and it used to be full of good articles. Now it's 75% pages of adverts, and is more expensive. I've not bothered buying a copy in the last 2 or 3 years.

I agree, these forums are far superior in terms of getting info, and reading mini stories of other LR owners. And it's "Real Time" rather than monthly! 

Post #26711 29th Aug 2010 2:19pm
delamo

England 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Tonga Green

Sorry to hear/read that those of you who bothered to go felt you had a wasted journey Sad

I heard the same views about the recent 40th Range Rover meet at Gaydon.

I had considered attending the LRMax show but didn't bother because of the rough weather.

Just like Tim mentions - I also scan through all the LR mags at the newsagents, but very few ever have anything interesting on the FFRR and all seem to be nothing more than directorys for advertisements.

I think nowadays expensive magazines struggle to compete with the internet owners forums with regards to owners information, hints, tips and tricks - especially for the L322 model we all have.

All credit (and many thanks) to Martin for creating this terrific site and the other LR sites - maybe we should leave it to him to organise a decent meeting? Whistle

Post #26724 29th Aug 2010 4:31pm
Fox

United Kingdom 

The opinions above pretty much sum up how I feel too. Having done a few shows they are too comercial and too much of the same from one to another... all to squeeze every last penny out of Land Rover enthusiasts and into the pockets of the organisers, which are usually the same people churning out the same magazines month after month with huge catalogues of 'off road goodies' and not enough interesting or unique articles.

I have given up these shows now.

I'd only reccomend the Abingdon 4x4 festival last weekend of September as it's like a smaller, more friendly show but for a charity, not some magazine publisher. And the London to Brighton run as that's just a trip to the seeside, watch a few events and have fish & chips. Both are better if you go with like minded people.

Post #26727 29th Aug 2010 5:15pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>