Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L405) > Rejecting a new L405
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
mucky61

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

After having spent all that money. I guess you have to consider, do I deserve to be treated like this and should you have to put up with a car with issues.

Post #247605 11th Mar 2014 8:38pm
Doodle

United Kingdom 

Hi Guys,

On this 'knocking' issue and rejecting a vehicle, please see my post to Mike under Land Rover Customer Relations.

If JLR are unable or unwilling to fix this fault, a collective approach by loyal customers may be effective.

It is a serious matter, as it does become a distraction when driving, so safety could be compromised.

Since sitting in RR at Earls Court in 1969, I have had various Land Rovers since then and RR's since 1984. They have all been patience testing in various ways, but my expectations on the outcome of this knocking/suspension issue is now diminishing my confidence and loyalty.

What's to be done? Shocked

Post #247662 12th Mar 2014 1:46am
RR4ever

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Mariana Black

I have the JLR Technical Manager visiting me today to review the issue and drive my V8 A/B and his car to see if there is a difference. I expect him to say "Live with it" as a consequence of Dynamic Response (the feature causing it - as on RRSs as well). Mine's been back twice, had the ARC Ram changed but still makes the knocking noise, I believe it to be a design fault (and I have had 11 FFRR so I know a little of what I am talking about. Getting JLR to admit to it is another thing. I know there is another owner in UK taking JLR to court over this issue under Sale of Goods Act (not fit for purpose). MY15.5 SDV8 4.4 A/B FFRR Mariana/Ivory
Ten other FFRR since 2002 either traded in or taken back by JLR

Post #247735 12th Mar 2014 11:36am
rost12

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Firenze Red

Ours 63 plate AB also has had the front knocking issue from day one, it has been helped by "draining" the active roll bar, but not eliminated. I believe dealer's current stance is "that's how the car is". Can't say I'm happy, but 5 months in, I'm not very hopeful about a successful rejection.

Post #247778 12th Mar 2014 3:37pm
Robert

France 2007 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

Hi guys, I once had an issue with Jaguar. Knowing how expensive, time consuming and emotionally irritating it can be to take them to court, I looked for "user support" and a journalist. We got our press article, I negotiated the right to refuse publication, and with that I went back to Jaguar, before publication. I proposed them to publish if the issue was not taken care of or to change the article and tell the world how satisfied I was with the costumer service if they would take care of our complaints. They surrendered. This is years ago but it worked.

Post #247783 12th Mar 2014 3:57pm
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

When I test drove the 4.4SDV8 and 3.0TDV6 last year, I was surprised that on roads that I knew very well, where in my L322 it was a harsh surface and bumpy, that the L405 was no better at all and made suspension noises. Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #247784 12th Mar 2014 4:07pm
PaulTyrer

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Cairns Blue

mucky61 wrote:
Oh and that maybe my expectations were too high. Well I can assure you if my salesman told me that when you give me 108K your car may or may not make a knocking sound. I would have clearly told him to poke it.

Years ago (1965) my Dad bought a brand new Ford Cortina from Blakes in Liverpool. The paintwork on it was very orange-peel, so he stuck little bits of masking tape all over where he wasn't happy with the paintwork. Anyway, it goes in for its first service and there is a manager from Fords there, he picked the wrong guy when he said to my Dad, 'Its not a Rolls Royce you know' I'll not repeat what my Dads reply was (I was only 10 so didnt understand most of it!) but he got the car paintwork fixed Very Happy

He also put scribe marks on the head bolts and rejected the car after its service because the scribe marks were still perfectly aligned, proving the head bolts hadnt been checked either!

Post #247791 12th Mar 2014 4:46pm
RR4ever

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Mariana Black

Indeed the knocking is a problem and JLR are well aware of it. They have a team trying to find a solution to quieten the function of the ARC Ram. Apparently there are many dissatisfied customers, particularly where the roads are worse than here. I suppose all we can hope for is that any solution can be retro-fitted to MY13/14 vehicles. It is a fact of living with a degree of noise and a firmer ride for the benefit of Dynamic Response. I do think the feature is designed for those who want to drive round tight bends at 80 mph and the car still look after you, rather than us everyday sensible drivers. MY15.5 SDV8 4.4 A/B FFRR Mariana/Ivory
Ten other FFRR since 2002 either traded in or taken back by JLR

Post #247814 12th Mar 2014 6:28pm
tboner001

England 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Fuji White

I was told the fix would be out in December last year with a new ARC bar and valve block , so any dealer who tells you it's just the way they are is talking abs *%^*)^) Far to many gone...

Post #247857 12th Mar 2014 8:37pm
Sb

England 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Luxor

My 4.4 sdv8 AB knocked from the day I drove it away from the dealer. Has had the active roll bar replaced but still knocks on uneven road surfaces. Will be interested to find out if JLR actually find out what's wrong, other than that the car is fine, as you'd expect from a 100k car. Sad

Post #247897 12th Mar 2014 9:40pm
tboner001

Was told its the valve and block assembly with the oil in the bar not keeping up with the ride height change on un-even roads or a drain for example where the car comes back to level ( both wheels at same height ) as you come out of a bump that the thump noise is the oil or trapped air in the ARC banging. I have also been in a 4.4 that does not do it ! and 3 cars that do.

IMO it's not good enough that a car spends 2 years in testing that they let it go to line ! or of course the spec on parts was changed from the test car to the line IE was never tested as a production assembly or the parts were put out to bid and spec did not match the test modules ( cars ) .

Can anyone confirm if the 2013 RRS in 5.0 or 4.4 has the same ARC system ? Far to many gone...

Post #247966 13th Mar 2014 7:28am
Dixy

2016 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Loire Blue

Having taken my car in for a service on Tuesday and knowing I was showing interest the salesman chose his opportunity to swoop, I parried with a question about the reported Knocking and he flatly denied there was any problem.
There is no comparable car on the market................................yet, come on JLR don't treat customers badly now, what goes around comes around. letters not necessarily in the right order

Post #247971 13th Mar 2014 8:25am
mucky61

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

Does anybody know if the latest 2014 cars are having the same issues. If so. You have to ask the question as to why are they still being sold to uninformed customers knowing fully well that people aren't going to be happy. At the moment this subject seems to be restricted to forums. Surely it needs to be made public as its rather tedious having JLR/dealers trying to pull the wool over our eyes over a design that they have got clearly wrong.

Post #247974 13th Mar 2014 8:27am
tboner001

Yes they are the same Far to many gone...

Post #248032 13th Mar 2014 1:32pm
RR8701

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black

[quote="rost12"]Ours 63 plate AB also has had the front knocking issue from day one, it has been helped by "draining" the active roll bar, but not eliminated. I believe dealer's current stance is "that's how the car is". Can't say I'm happy, but 5 months in, I'm not very hopeful about a successful rejection.[/quote]

Hi,

I am sorry but I just don't understand that view point. The vehicle is 5 months old and you feel you cant reject the car. You 100% CAN reject it.

If you want to be nice you can give them a chance to try fix it maybe 3 times but you 100% can reject it. 5 months on a material purchase that should essentially last 10 years plus and you have cover for 3 years is nothing.

You cannot and should not just accept it - its why these companies bend us over day in and day out providing sub par products and don't care about it because we don't care enough to do something about it.

its 100k plus car and you think you have to live with the knocking on it!
If I even bought a new ford ka and it had knocking - someone would be getting a knocking.

Post #251447 29th Mar 2014 10:56pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>