Home > My Range Rover > 11 months in - MOT, Service & a wee snag list
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
pld118

Scotland 2014 Range Rover Vogue SDV6 Santorini Black
11 months in - MOT, Service & a wee snag list

Car went into the local main dealer for some work the other week:

1. MOT - failed it's MOT due to reported seizure of EPB (reported elsewhere on the forum but surprising as we follow correct parking procedure hence the EPB does get used and I'd had it pre MOT'd a few weeks before and was told "it should sail through"). EPB stripped, cleaned, all resolved and MOT passed.

2. Rear wiper washer repaired/ reportedly just "a blocked nozzle" (maybe Bellini's previous tongue in cheek "polish?" post was correct!). Works perfectly now.

3. Noisy [Atari] Air Con - Attempted resolution by means of an Air Con service/ gas re-charge. Seems to have worked and is much quieter now.

4. Car slow to fire up with one turn of ignition key after being left overnight (one turn and it sounds near flat, offers a long wheeze and then fires up). The LR main dealer supplied battery is less than 12 months old. MD confirmed battery drain, placed it on trickle charge overnight and reported the issue resolved. The issue persisted when I collected the car and still persists 2 weeks after getting the car back although the car has not yet failed to start. Have reported this back to the garage querying battery, alternator or starter motor. Acknowledgement received/ actual response pending.

5. Rear wheel arches repaired and repainted under warranty.

6. Car serviced.

7. Car returned without a mark having been well looked after and really well cleaned/ valeted inside out (best complimentary effort yet I've seen from a main dealer).

8. Aside to what I've mentioned (apart from the EPB, this was my list of things for the garage to do anyway) there was not one other advisory on the car.

Overall - even with point 4 pending - impressed with the garage and with the car Thumbs Up

Post #249523 21st Mar 2014 8:35am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1