Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > 2004 ffrr, bought completely stock & updated for 1600 i
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
ebajema

New Zealand 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Galway Green

Although it isn't my taste, I still like it Knightrider. It is a well balanced package and makes the dated 2004 look a lot nicer. Well done. MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!
Have the Faultmate MSV2 Extreme to be tinkering with the settings etc. !!

Post #260408 19th May 2014 10:39pm
Bagus

United Kingdom 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Adriatic Blue

Nice looking car all in black and as you say a hell of a lot of car for the money.

Post #260766 21st May 2014 8:24pm
Knightrider

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black

Hey guys it's about 7 years since I last updated this thread - possibly a record on this site! I've still got the the Range Rover - it's now on 182k miles and touch wood running nicely. I serviced it about 2 weeks ago and had the chain tensioner replaced as a precautionary measure.

I've owned this car since Feb 2014, originally got it for the wife as her daily driver, over the years the value hasn't really decreased much compared to what I paid but it's worth a lot more now in sentimental value and all the great road trips/holidays/memories.

As you can see from the paintwork in the photo I've attached it still has that deep gloss pop - part of that is because I have never taken it to a car wash and normally wash my cars myself every few months. Every 2/3 years I'll get my DA polisher out and do a full paint correction. There is no rust on the body work - part of this is because I tackled the rear wheel arches early with hammerite, rubber strips and a good amount of grease - that kept the rust away. The rear tailgate had a tiny 1-2cm bit of rust on the Corner I noticed about 4 years ago but a touch up with hammerite stopped that in its tracks. The interior still looks lovely after all these years, the leather has lasted well - it gets a clean and leather conditioner treatment once a year which has probably helped.

Maintenance wise in the last 7 years it's been a great car and has never let me down or left me stranded. Even when things have gone wrong it's always happened close to home. Work done over the years includes both front air struts, fuel pump x 2, a couple of coolant hoses, coolant expansion tank, height sensor, brake disc back plates x 2, gearbox solenoid, radiator, oil cooler, oil cooler pipes, gearbox service (runs perfectly), both front door release cables, glove box replaced after it broke and fell off, maybe one or two more things but I can't remember off the top of my head. It might sound like a lot but that's over 50k miles and 7 years on a 10 year old car that had 136k on it when I got it so not bad at all.

Everything still works on the car, I've never kept a car this long and will keep it as long as it keeps running. If or when it does pop its clogs I'll probably get a L405 5.0l petrol as a replacement. Hopefully that day doesn't come and I'll come back in 7 years time with another update though!

2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 v8 LPG, Java Black, 22' Hawke Alloys, Black Beast

Post #585620 28th Feb 2021 7:58am
jim4244

England 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zambezi Silver

How fantastic!

I love the early L323’s and today is the 2nd anniversary of me buying “Silvia”. Originally she was bought a a dog and dump run car but I was so impressed with her that I sold my 2018 L494 RRS and used her as my daily drive.

In the 2 years that I have owned her I have serviced her every 6 months, upgraded the wheels, put 2 new injectors in her and changed her front lower arms. That’s it.

She starts on the button and even though she still runs on her original registration for some reason folk think that it is a private reg and that she is much newer.

Long live the L322!

Jim

Post #585627 28th Feb 2021 8:59am
Merchy

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zermatt Silver

Still looks good !
Just saw this thread today, read through it and noted that no one else saw the connection between the monicker
Knightrider and the stealth look hoho.
Fatty owners can never be drug dealers, only 'Purveyors of recreational chemical substances' Whistle

Keep up the good work, still looks amazing after all those years. Thumbs Up

Post #585672 28th Feb 2021 2:26pm
Knightrider

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black

@jim4244 yes I agree there is something appealing about the simplicity of the older models compared to the newer ones. Also dare I say it's satisfying driving around in a car that's not worth much more than banger money but which has more creature comforts and extras than most prestige cars (heated steering wheel for example).

@merchy haha finally someone got it! 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 v8 LPG, Java Black, 22' Hawke Alloys, Black Beast

Post #585864 1st Mar 2021 9:15pm
Jayk69

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Barolo Black

looks fab i like it.
such a good thread and a 7 yrs update.
I am looking forward to giving my Black paint a full on clay and re-polish when the sun starts shining. i got it in October so have not yet had a chance to do anything with it yet. 2012 Vogue 4.4 TDV8 - Current
2014 Navara V6 - Gone
2004 Vogue TD6 - Gone
Grand Cherokee - Gone
Discovery V8 (LPG) - Gone
Discovery TD5 - Gone

Post #585900 2nd Mar 2021 9:29am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123