Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > Do I just wait??
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
ksmith100

Scotland 2005 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black
Do I just wait??

All

I have a 2005 FF Vogue with touch screen and Logic7 etc.

I have been having crackling speakers on and off for about a week and sometimes the high pitched whine. One day the steering wheel volume controls stopped working although the volume control on the head unit worked OK. I was off-road on Sunday and everything stopped working and the orange light just flashed. I pressed the power button just to turn it all off and it took a good 5 mins. Once it was off I switched it on again, it worked for a few minutes then you could see the icons for CD Radio TV being greyed out and coming back again, at that point I just switched it off again. After we had stopped for lunch, around and 1hr 30mins everything worked again OK until we got home.
Today I was out in the car and it all worked OK until I was almost home then it started crackling again and the sound would cut out.

I have trawled through post after post on here and have found some with issues like mine. I have just had the amp, bluetooth module etc. out of the car. There is no obvious signs of water ingress, although the pins on the bluetooth module and TV module did have a little corrosion. Those have now all been cleaned up. There was no corrosion on any of the pins of the three plugs on the amp. I should also say that I purchased an upgraded module from Wiggs when first got my car and that now sits in a space under the Sat Nav DVD drive.

So other than waiting for something to die, is there anything else I can check?

Update.

Just been out in the car, high pitched whine when I unlocked it, stopped along the road, turned the car off got back in 10 mins later and crackling started almost immediately. You are either at Le Mans or waiting for Le Mans

RSW MKIII V2 All Comms in Central Scotland

Post #257910 6th May 2014 4:02pm
clarkie

England 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Adriatic Blue

seems like your amp is on its way out,check the wiki at the top of the page for h/k logic 7 amp failier to see if the symptom are the same.

Post #258627 10th May 2014 5:58pm
ksmith100

Scotland 2005 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black

I started to isolate different items on the MOST, and so far with the TV module isolated its been fine, or today at least it has been! Smile You are either at Le Mans or waiting for Le Mans

RSW MKIII V2 All Comms in Central Scotland

Post #258668 10th May 2014 11:05pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1