Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Off Topic - Other Cars > Mercedes S-Class: Any Views on These?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Bellini

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Zermatt Silver

One of those 'crackers' is the one I'm particularly interested in.

It's lacking a few of the S options I'd prefer, but looking at it less than 12 hours ago with another viewing later, it's in remarkable condition.

There are other marginally better optioned models out there - cooled seats, rear entertainment, panoramic roof, night vision - but this one appears utterly immaculate on first viewing. Not a scratch anywhere. Alloys perfect. Tyres brand new and of premium make. Very recently serviced, too.

In all honesty, the rear entertainment is the least desirable. Even my son agrees. The last time I used the SC's, my daughter immediately fell asleep.

Cooled seats are the thing I'll miss most if I do buy. If.... And a heated steering wheel.

But the SC has a soul to it that's immensely appealing and gratifying. It's never once failed to lift my mood. It's a lot to gamble in that respect.

The test drive of the S has a lot riding on it.

Ryan, the 'plan' still is to buy a 5.0 or L405. But waiting another year to buy the 5.0 just makes L405 prices that little more enticing. Waiting two years may be the better bet. Si. <This is my name.

I eat rat poison.

A man ain't truly been insulted until he stands buck naked in front of a woman and she didn't even notice. Or care.

Post #259846 17th May 2014 1:22am
alanm_3

Location: my House, unless I’m not at home, in which case I’m somewhere else.

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Mate of mine has a 350 diesel S class. Gave us a lift home one night and I think I upset him when I asked if it was an E class. Didn't appear very special IMHO Got - 2017 SDV8 Autobiography in Loire Blue
Had- 2008 TDV8 Vogue SE in Java black
Had - 2007 S/C in Stornoway Grey

Post #259848 17th May 2014 2:22am
pld118

Scotland 2014 Range Rover Vogue SDV6 Santorini Black

Just had a look on AT... Having never looked at these cars before, there are some crackers. Nice! Thumbs Up

Post #259861 17th May 2014 7:18am
Chauch

England 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Java Black

Wonderful cars, I have run a couple of w221s. I find them very colour and spec sensitive, particularly with wheels - the standard original 17s look all wrong.

An AMG external Sports Pack car looks wonderful and made my last one feel a lot "younger".

The later bi-turbo V8 500 is a fantastic engine - I was underwhelmed by the previous 5.5. 4.2 Supercharged Vogue SE

Post #259870 17th May 2014 8:14am
JOKER

Scotland 

Quite nice for just £17k

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/adv...9/usedcars ====================================

"Open Mike Night " sounded like a lot of fun until i found out i was going to an Autopsy

Post #259901 17th May 2014 11:49am
Bellini

Agreed. The one I'm interested in is the LWB model, which I think looks better proportioned.

More miles but marginally less money.

There's a very nice 2006 LWB S500 with mega low miles for £20k in Dorset. Panoramic roof, too. But truly worth the extra money? Doubtful. Si. <This is my name.

I eat rat poison.

A man ain't truly been insulted until he stands buck naked in front of a woman and she didn't even notice. Or care.

Post #259902 17th May 2014 11:54am
Bellini

Test drive over.

This is the one...

Click image to enlarge

Gorgeous interior. Superb build. Effortless V8. Super comfy. Super refined. Great deal.

But no.

This model lacked DAB. It's a picky point but it got me thinking. The S-Class isn't special enough to replace a Supercharged Range Rover.

Close, very close. But no.

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  Si. <This is my name.

I eat rat poison.

Post #259923 17th May 2014 4:06pm
ebajema

New Zealand 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Galway Green

Just test drive a 5.0 SC L322 and then you will realize how big a difference there is with the 4.2. It will make the gap with the S-Class a lot bigger, I promise.

I was so pleasantly amazed by the 5.0 SC after leaving my beloved 4.2 in Nigeria, it made me smile every second I drove it. It is brilliant !! MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!
Have the Faultmate MSV2 Extreme to be tinkering with the settings etc. !!

Post #259932 17th May 2014 4:47pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12