Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Off Topic - Other Cars > Ford ranger
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Mark6r

Scotland 2018 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Montalcino Red
Ford ranger

Guys got a ford ranger out on demo for a couple of days (3.2 6speed diesel) thinking of getting one and a car for a bit of fun.
Looking at Porsche Cayman or 3 series convertible.
Love the RR for towing and general run about but need a change until the L405 come down a bit in money.
Looked at Audi a8 but still confused as what to do.
Sell the RR and look at everyone on the road and wish we still had one?
Jumped to a sport a few years ago and within a couple of weeks new I had made a mistake dilemma time. Gone
67 Nissan navara
67 C220 AMG
12 Tdv6 Discovery 4 HSE
09 TDV8 Westminster
59 BMW 520d touring
56 RRS tdv6 hse
02 td 6 hse

Post #262390 31st May 2014 1:27am
ebajema

New Zealand 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Galway Green

See if you can rent the cars you like for a few days. I found that driving a rental car gives you a better appreciation of the car itself due to the longer use and then the decision is easier.

Honestly, don't go to any of the cars mentioned, they all are a step down from a FFRR in one way or another. Why not upgrade to a newer version. I just went to the MY 2010.75 5.0 SC and that is like a brand new car after the 4.2 SC. MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!
Have the Faultmate MSV2 Extreme to be tinkering with the settings etc. !!

Post #262401 31st May 2014 7:28am
northernmonkeyjones

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

Agree ^ the ranger is probably the best of the pick ups in terms of comfort but it is still a world away from a ffrr, it is after all a commercial vehicle.

Towing with my pick ups is completely different from the ff, as they have much less weight over the back i find them much less stable, which is one reason i got the disco.

Think very carefully, i too have been pondering a change, maybe a 911 and an old tractor to tow the caravan (disco is commercial so cant fit kids in) but at the end of the day i dont need to go faster, i think a nice 4.4tdv8 may be on the cards but that will be in a couple of years time..... Possibly.

As above if you want to go faster, get a 5.0sc, otherwise what would you actually gain, alternatively keep the ff and get a little toy..... Something cheap and fun! There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜
FFRR 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black.
Fiat 500x 1.4 multiair Lounge 2015
2010 LR D4 Commercial 2.7 TDV6

Post #262406 31st May 2014 7:51am
KurtVerbose

Switzerland 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

I went through the same thought process when I bought my FF. I thought an old tractor for towing and a nice car. In the end I got the FF which does both. As it gets older though, it's sort of becoming the old tractor and I think about getting another nice car but keeping the FF (and my VX). It sounds a little greedy but it's cheap to have more than one car in Switzerland.

I have to ask, of the cars you mentioned - cayman, 3 series conv, A8, what's the common theme? How have you arrived with those three on your shortlist?

Post #262413 31st May 2014 9:02am
Mark6r

Scotland 2018 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Montalcino Red

A8 as a replacement for RR if just looking for something different for a change.
Cayman fun car wife can use to go to work bit of fun at weekend, kids will go in pick up.
3 series conv 4 seater we can all go out in on a nice day roof down never had a convertible so a nice change.

NMJ towed the tin tent (1800kg twin axle) with the ranger today and felt fine all be it only about 20 miles just to see what is was like.have looked at 4.4 but just think it looks to much the same as what we have at the moment and I have never bought the same model of car back to back.
Can also use the pick up for work to run about in as well.

Mark Gone
67 Nissan navara
67 C220 AMG
12 Tdv6 Discovery 4 HSE
09 TDV8 Westminster
59 BMW 520d touring
56 RRS tdv6 hse
02 td 6 hse

Post #262514 31st May 2014 10:03pm
northernmonkeyjones

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

And there are also tax benefits to a pickup if you own a company.....

Was the caravan loaded up? Mine is fine on the hilux until you put something in it. Granted the ranger is rated to tow a much higher load than the lux, so maybe its a better more stable towcar. There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜
FFRR 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black.
Fiat 500x 1.4 multiair Lounge 2015
2010 LR D4 Commercial 2.7 TDV6

Post #262515 31st May 2014 10:19pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1