Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Locking question
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
MachineHead

Scotland 2009 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Mariana Black
Locking question

This might seem a daft question Embarassed but......

When I lock the car you hear the clunk of the locks going down which is fine, but when I press lock a second time to disable interior sensors for the pooches there is no indicator flash no sound and last time I did it I came out to my alarm going off. I don't suppose there is something in the cff that can be changed to switch on or off the interior sensor disabling function.

I'm off to France next week and I don't want the alarm going off on the ferry when the pooches move Shocked 09 TDV8 Westminster, Mariana Black, Rear seat entertainment, hatch bag and 2 slobbery mutts

Post #264329 10th Jun 2014 2:21am
ebajema

New Zealand 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Galway Green

In the CCF there is an option to switch the interior sensor off as far as I can remember. However, the dual click of the lock button used to indeed disable the interior sensor. On later model years that changed however, I think on the MY 2010 for example, the second press is superlock. Not sure if it also disables the interior alarm.

Steve (GAP diagnostics) may be able to help you. Since you are going to France, you can swing by, buy an IID tool and he can help you doing the changes maybe Smile MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!
Have the Faultmate MSV2 Extreme to be tinkering with the settings etc. !!

Post #264330 10th Jun 2014 2:36am
MachineHead

Lol wish I could but because I am going to France I can't afford an IID tool, just had an inspection service too that wasn't cheap Shocked 09 TDV8 Westminster, Mariana Black, Rear seat entertainment, hatch bag and 2 slobbery mutts

Post #264351 10th Jun 2014 8:13am
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

have a browse through the user manual, i'm sure the lock sequence is detailed in there.. ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #264352 10th Jun 2014 8:15am
MachineHead

Thanks Stan, I did have a good read but it says press twice to deactivate interior sensors, but last time I tried it didn't hence I was wondering if it was something that could be changed or configured Thumbs Up 09 TDV8 Westminster, Mariana Black, Rear seat entertainment, hatch bag and 2 slobbery mutts

Post #264431 10th Jun 2014 2:10pm
mzplcg

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Corris Grey

Is yours definitely a 2009 model? Could it be a 2010 which was registered in 2009? I ask because they are different and I have the same issue you do. (Pooches). You can easily tell from the key, The early key has 3 buttons in a row and the later key has 4 buttons in a square layour 2+2 and then the triangle panic button

06-09 is a double press
2010 on is a single press - lock car but doesn't set alarm. 2nd press superlocks and arms the alarm.

Post #264434 10th Jun 2014 2:18pm
MachineHead

Yep it's definitely a 2009, Westminster was the limited edition before the facelift to 2010 style and has the three buttons only on key Thumbs Up

Thanks for the suggestion though, I didn't know the key shape changed, you learn something new every day Smile

Will have to fiddle with it again (when the rain stops) maybe I'm just not doing it right - wouldn't be the first time Laughing Can't exactly leave it unlocked on the ferry so I best work it out. 09 TDV8 Westminster, Mariana Black, Rear seat entertainment, hatch bag and 2 slobbery mutts

Post #264464 10th Jun 2014 4:46pm
Full Fat Ray

Wales 2006 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Bonatti Grey

We have a 56 plate. There are 3 buttons on the key - at the top (nearest to the key blade), there is a large oval button with the 'Land Rover' logo on it. This button is used for locking.

Below this are 2 smaller buttons, the LH one unlocks the drivers door on 1st press, and all the other doors on the 2nd.

The RH one just unlocks the tailgate.

We have 2 Lurchers who live in the back when we are travelling on Holidays, when I lock the FF with them in, the first press of the larger oval button locks the car and arms the alarm etc. the red LED in the lower RH part of the dashboard flashes. A second press causes this red LED to light steadily for 10 seconds, the internal motion sensors are then definitely disabled, as the dogs moving around in the back do not cause the alarm to go off, Smile whereas the one time I forgot to do this it most certainly did go off Big Cry .

As far as i know, with yours being a 2009, i.e pre 2010 facelift, it should work the same, although I don't know if the facility can be disabled by a stealer.

Hope this helps Thumbs Up 2006 (56 Reg) 4.4 V8 Vogue In Bonatti Grey (Gorgeous!!)

Post #264472 10th Jun 2014 5:34pm
stan
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

i cant see this function on the ccf with my iidtool so i reckon its non-configurable.. ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

Post #264481 10th Jun 2014 6:04pm
MachineHead

Thanks Stan, that settles it then, I'm doing it wrong, maybe pressing too fast after locking or something odd. SWMBO is off to work in it now so I will have to play about later.

Thanks for all the suggestions Thumbs Up 09 TDV8 Westminster, Mariana Black, Rear seat entertainment, hatch bag and 2 slobbery mutts

Post #264497 10th Jun 2014 6:50pm
stan
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

the manual says press again after 2 seconds and before 10 seconds....hope it works for you mate. Wink ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

Post #264506 10th Jun 2014 7:35pm
ebajema

New Zealand 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Galway Green

Sounds like the remote needs a stopwatch added to it Smile MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!
Have the Faultmate MSV2 Extreme to be tinkering with the settings etc. !!

Post #264583 11th Jun 2014 6:04am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1