Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > Battery Choice
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
iphs

England 2003 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Buckingham Blue
Battery Choice

OK before anyone tells me that this issue has been discussed to death, I know it has. I have read all the threads that I can find on battery choice but I am still very confused.

I want to change the battery on MY03 Vogue TD6. I have narrowed the choice to Bosch S5 110Ah 920w or the S6 AGM 95Ah 850W which Bosch recommends as the equivalent for the S5. This choice is because I can get either of these batteries at a great price, cheaper in fact than Varta or other known makes.

I am confussed because some say they will fit (albeit snuggly) and some say they will not fit without some modification.

Has anyone got either of these fitted Question , did it fit without modification and how do you rate them Question .

I really don't want to start another huge debate on this subject or a lesson on charge rates/discharge rates or any other technical mumbo jumbo, I don't understand any of it. All I want to know is, will those batteries meet the power requirements of the Vogue and given the same choice which would you go for.

Post #264526 10th Jun 2014 9:03pm
GraemeC

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Zermatt Silver

The S5 will fit, some have managed it without modification,I cut the flange off the RHS when fitting mine (probably invalidates the warranty, but hey ho made it easy to fit)

Of the two you have mentioned, the S5 is a larger capacity battery (110Ah) and can deliver more power at start up,so I'd go for that one. Mine has been perfect, I can run the FBH etc in winter with no issues. 2007 Zermatt Silver TDV8 Vogue SE - now sold but was a great car!

Post #264546 10th Jun 2014 10:22pm
iphs

England 2003 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Buckingham Blue

Thanks GraemeC. Thumbs Up

I am thinking the same thing, though I am also told that the newer technology of the AGM provides comparable power delivery. Its all very confusing.

Post #264552 10th Jun 2014 10:33pm
Prop

United Kingdom 

Seems it varies car to car. I had an S5 in my 2005 TD6 and it fitted tightly but without any real issues.

However my 2007 TDV8 was another matter altogether and the only way to get the battery to fit was to trim one of the bottom lips of the battery and then it would fit OK.

So that's my experience, but I have also read of others with TDV8's not having to trim the battery to make it fit so who knows, maybe the trays fitted during manufacture have a bit of tolerance which could be the difference between an S5 battery fitting or not.

Post #264553 10th Jun 2014 10:34pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1