Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Off Topic > Supermarket Car Washers
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
nicksaab

2016 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Corris Grey
Supermarket Car Washers

The guys in our local supermarket car park tout for business washing cars - when I came out of the supermarket last night, I discovered my carefully parked RR (back of car park, no immediate neighbours) had a car parked extremely close to it being washed. The closeness of the two cars was so much that I couldn't actually get into mine through the drivers door, but that hadn't perturbed the ingenious washer. He had spent the previous 10 minutes rubbing along the length of my drivers side washing the other car - ironically as my car wasn't very clean you could see lots of scuff and rub marks in the dirt on mine. That wouldn't have been so bad if the washer hadn't been wearing jeans - and so all the scuff marks also had scores in the paint from the rivets.

I protested to him about the damage and I didn't get anywhere (just an offer to wash mine next - not even free!) so I summoned the Sainsburys manager out to inspect. He agreed that the damage had been done and filled in an incident report with the car wash company - now I unfortunately see weeks of fighting with them over it.

Just goes to show no matter how careful you are parking there are always more idiots out there. A half empty carpark with a whacking great 4x4 - and you choose the space next to it - you then get it washed and the washer decides the 6inch gap between the 2 cars is enough space to work.

I've always avoided those guys for washing anyway just because they have these little trolleys filled with water rather than running water - no idea how much grit and dirt will be in the water but even when you avoid them they still end up damaging the car. Current Fleet:-
2018 Discovery 5 3.0 HSE
2021 Ford Ranger Wildtrack
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt 5.0 V8
1993 Defender 90 200TDI Pickup

Gone - not forgotten
2016 L405 4.4 SDV8 Vogue SE
2012 L322 4.4 Westminster
2004 L322 4.4 V8 Autobiography LE
2000 P38 RR 4.0 HSE (ex Clarkson test car)

Post #265397 14th Jun 2014 12:45pm
Prop

United Kingdom 

What a nightmare Nick, best of luck with your fight with the car wash company, sounds like they are totally responsible. Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by Prop on 17th Jun 2014 12:50pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #265399 14th Jun 2014 1:07pm
Gazellio @ Prestige Cars

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover SE Td6 Zermatt Silver

Jeez that's soooo irritating. I always park as far from other cars as possible and 50% of the time some IDIOT has decided I have discovered the best parking area and parked directly next to me (and close).

Why oh why where so many people born without a brain..... Censored

Post #265403 14th Jun 2014 1:42pm
kingpleb

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey

Diagonally across two spaces is the only way my friend Sad

Or phone the police and report malicious damage as he has done it without regard for what he was doing and repeated it again and again... FFRR MY06 facelift With TDV8 Alloys Zeros/ATR's
Mantec Sump Guard, Rigid Load liner, MY10 BT upgrade.

Post #265717 16th Jun 2014 3:18pm
J90

France 2006 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Java Black

For Censored sake! You can't park your RR anywhere without some idiot doing something stupid.
Had something similar the other day. I parked on the top floor of a multi storey in Liverpool. I was the only car there. Came back to find a Ford Galaxy full of baby seats parked next to me on my offside. I just about squeezed in through the drivers door. I was lucky, no scratches or scrapes. Our cars were the only two there!

As for the supermarket car washers nick, good luck with your complaint. Travelling around in circles again.

Post #265722 16th Jun 2014 3:39pm
Bellini

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Zermatt Silver

Gazellio @ Prestige Cars wrote:
Jeez that's soooo irritating. I always park as far from other cars as possible and 50% of the time some IDIOT has decided I have discovered the best parking area and parked directly next to me (and close).

Why oh why where so many people born without a brain..... Censored

This is so true!

I do exactly the same at every opportunity and invariably get idiots who MUST park close to me. Why FFS?!

There was a great picture on a motorhome forum recently where some chap parked his camper in a remote carpark in Scotland somewhere. Absolutely no-one else about.

Woke up to find some bloke out walking his dog had parked his car 5ft away from him. Si. <This is my name.

I eat rat poison.

A man ain't truly been insulted until he stands buck naked in front of a woman and she didn't even notice. Or care.

Post #265824 17th Jun 2014 7:23am
Welshdragon

Wales 2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Monte Carlo Blue

Grr how annoying, feel your pain Nick. I bet next time you'll use 2 spaces to park in, I seem to these days Twisted Evil Whistle

I hate these so called tout car washers, they never even asked me to wash my Land Rover when parked up ( muddy Twisted Evil or not), they would walk the other way, but if in the Disco or Land Cruiser ( even if it was clean ) they would come round touting.

Good luck with the fight fella with these Censored Thumbs Up If it dont work.......burn it!

If the IId tool cant fix it.......burn the FF.

If the FF cant be fixed......buy a Land Cruiser!

If the LC cant be fixed..............................................BUY a horse !!

Post #265837 17th Jun 2014 8:22am
Gazellio @ Prestige Cars

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover SE Td6 Zermatt Silver

Happened yesterday. Drove into Amersham car park headed for far corner and parked up on my own nothing even close. Went to ticket machine and then put ticket on dash. When I walked to rear to open tailgate some prat in a Saxo was parked so close behind me I could hardly get in the boot. He was just sat there like a dick and could only have been suffering from a recent operation to completely remove his brain. At least a hundred empty spots around me and he parks within inches of my Range Rover Censored Censored Censored

Post #265840 17th Jun 2014 8:33am
Robert

France 2007 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

It just shows how attractive our cars are. Every car wants to be close to it and since most drivers are brainless they just do what their cars want. Have you never seen how shopping cards are speeding towards your car, they love touching a FFRR. There is a downside on being beautiful, famous and attractive Rolling Eyes

Post #265844 17th Jun 2014 9:41am
johnboyairey

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Orkney Grey

I might have accidently dropped my bag of flour on the floor, and picked up handfuls of it to try and rest on the car next to me while I went and got a bag to put it in.

I used to live near a school and regularly wiped marmite on the windscreens of double parked cars.

you either love it or hate it!

Post #265845 17th Jun 2014 9:41am
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Prop wrote:
sounds like they are totally resposnible. Evil or Very Mad

You taking the P Censored S out of our eastern european car washers sir Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Sorry Martin, couldn't resist... Laughing Bow down Laughing

Post #265852 17th Jun 2014 11:06am
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

J90 wrote:
For Censored sake! You can't park your RR anywhere without some idiot doing something stupid.
Had something similar the other day. I parked on the top floor of a multi storey in Liverpool

Lucky it was still there sir Bow down

Three customers have lost cars in Liverpool recently! Rolling Eyes Shocked Rolling Eyes

Post #265854 17th Jun 2014 11:08am
Emperor Mong

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Autobiography 2.0 PHEV Loire Blue

Gazellio @ Prestige Cars wrote:
...some prat in a Saxo ...could only have been suffering from a recent operation to completely remove his brain...

The operation must have been sufficiently long ago that he had time to buy the Saxo afterwards though - not something you would do with a complete brain.

Post #265856 17th Jun 2014 12:11pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1