Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Off Topic - Other Cars > Mk 6 Golf - Anyone running one ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
kingpleb

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey

mk6 1.6 TDi here.

Got some toys like DAB and rear parking as standard, cant recall the varient. Bought a few months old at considerable discount and runs pretty well. Can tell when the little lady has been in a rush to go and doesnt allow it to warm the plugs though as it cranks for just that bit longer but if she waits a few seconds for the light to go out (same time no matter how cold it is oddly!) it fires up straight away.

No DPF issues yet and plenty of poke. Ideally could do with being a 6 speed or having a higher 5th if doing loads of motorway miles but she only does 5-7miles to work and same back everyday.

Good on a run as well, last long run down to brummy land saw 53mpg at she has the belief that motorway lanes are for varying speeds... being 60 for the inside, 70 for the middle and 70+ for the outside.... standard tyres aren't the best in the world when the temps really drop but are wearing very well. No faults other than some rusty wheel bolts and the stupid thin plastic on the key fobs not being able to take a big set of keys but other than that all good. FFRR MY06 facelift With TDV8 Alloys Zeros/ATR's
Mantec Sump Guard, Rigid Load liner, MY10 BT upgrade.

Post #267595 27th Jun 2014 10:38am
kingpleb

Tug if your after ride as well dont go bigger than the standard 15-16" wheels as the golfs are like most smaller german cars these days and a bit stiffer until they really bed in and even then can be a bit harsh for us people of a softer ride complexion.... They do handle well though.
1.6tdi gears aren't too bad. Take one for a drive as i believe the mk7 uses the same box and engine as the mk6 for the 1.6 variant.
They use a VNT so come on boost early enough to make use of the higher longer gears. FFRR MY06 facelift With TDV8 Alloys Zeros/ATR's

Post #267596 27th Jun 2014 10:42am
TugRR

United Kingdom 

^ Interesting Will, thanks. I'm looking at this very carefully as we'll be keeping it for probably 6+ years.
I like the look of the GtTdi, but 17" or 18" wheels with lowered suspension is a non starter here.
We could do with the standard ride height as it will be on winter tyres as necessary. My wife's daily commute is 35 miles with plenty of ups, downs & bends. I like the figures for the 2.0 as opposed to the 1.6 as it won't be trying as hard and is a six speed also.

Thumbs Up Where do you go after one of these . . . ?

Post #267607 27th Jun 2014 12:25pm
BrianC

Scotland 

Have a shot of a gtd. exactly like a gti but no twin exhausts. (Seats don't have red tartan but black or later cars came with leather as standard)

Post #267609 27th Jun 2014 12:53pm
kingpleb

Is try the 1.6 as it's not as bad to me as the fugues suggest... FFRR MY06 facelift With TDV8 Alloys Zeros/ATR's

Post #267611 27th Jun 2014 12:55pm
TugRR

United Kingdom 

^^ Love the look of the Gtd - particularly the checked seats (reminds me of my Nova SR Whistle ) but those wheels & tyres wouldn't do too well for our roads . . .

Thumbs Up Where do you go after one of these . . . ?

Post #267623 27th Jun 2014 2:06pm
pld118

Scotland 2014 Range Rover Vogue SDV6 Santorini Black

Not sure if the suspension set up is the same on the GTD as the GTi (would imagine it is) but the GTi really does sit surprisingly low and IMHO would not be desirable on less well manicured road surfaces Thumbs Up

Post #267629 27th Jun 2014 2:30pm
kingpleb

I'm sure the GTD uses different shocks and springs due to the weight difference between the engines... FFRR MY06 facelift With TDV8 Alloys Zeros/ATR's

Post #267638 27th Jun 2014 3:28pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12