Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Dipstick
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
kiter

Scotland 
Dipstick

Hi All - feel a bit of a dipstick asking this............ supposed to be heading off next weekend for 2 weeks with the FF and tin tent, was giving it a checkover today - water, oil etc - pulled out the dipstick to check the oil, but struggled to get it back in again, gave up. Done a bit of googling - tube is all ok etc but what I have noticed is the plastic, pointy end of my dipstick is no longer there and looks to have fallen off, assuming when I pulled it out. Hence the reason the now flat metal end is catching when I try and push it down the tube.

Checked the rag I used to clean ii when it came out and its not in there, wishful thinking....... Assuming getting a new dipstick wont be a problem but concerned if the little plastic end is in the sump somewhere - any advice? was thinking drain the oil in the hope I get it that way.

Thanks

Post #273043 27th Jul 2014 2:10pm
Joe90

England 

May be worth removing the dipstick tube to see if the end is stuck in there or if you can spot it below.

Removing the sump would be the next job which would be a bit more involved (massive understatement!) .
Experience is the only genuine knowledge, but as time passes, I have forgotten more than I can remember Wink
Volvo V70 P2 2006 2.4 Petrol 170bhp Estate SE
MG Midget Mk1 1962

Previous: L322 Range Rover TDV8 3.6 2008; L322 Range Rover TD6 3.0 2002; P38A Range Rover V8 1999

Post #273059 27th Jul 2014 3:08pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1