Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Air Suspension does its own thing!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
kirton

England 2006 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Zermatt Silver
Air Suspension does its own thing!!

Hi Folks,

I have a 2006 gas converted unbadged Autobiography FF.

When i get home and select down on the EAS it obeys then 10 secs later the lights on switch flash amber and it goes to the high position. I can select down a dozen times before it stays down. Even locking does not help. Also, less frequently when stopped at traffic lights it goes to the high position all on its own!!

No error messages show. it recently has also started suspension oscillation when stopped but idling (it is tiny like a tremble throughout the car).

Any thoughts out there?

Kirton Smile

Post #275333 11th Aug 2014 3:26pm
kirton

Sorted!

All diagnostics regisred no faults. So I took the car to Devon 4X4 which is apparently well known in off-road circles. Their website is full of useful downloads.

The problem was caused by my LPG installer. My gas tank replaced the spare wheel and the compressor was relocated to the front of the tyre well raised at a bit of an angle. The sound proof cover shape was changed by cutting a section out and the rest slightly reshaped. When it was refitted the airlines were slight out of their niche and pinched. Being pretty tough they took several months to crush. When they did the comprsssor was powerfull enough to pump air through but reverse air bleed became seriously compromised. The result being tat the rear was dropping faster than the front so the computer read that as an obstruction under the front so up it went to off road height!! Answer. resite the airlines now pressed back to normal shape. I having a custom built fibre glass soundproof cover made which the gas fitter is interested in buying to avoid a repetition on future conversions. I will post pictures when it is completed. Very Happy

Post #277069 22nd Aug 2014 11:17am
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Also check that the compressor exhaust has the modified unit fitted (with an extra hole) as this will bring up the same fault over time... Thumbs Up

Post #277071 22nd Aug 2014 11:28am
johnboyairey

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Orkney Grey

well found! hope it didn't drag on for too long in the wallet. I have a similar lpg setup I shall will remember that for the future.
I have had a few probs in the past after shutting tailgate gently, and it wont behave, -no open door bongs, but reslamming tailgate closes a contact, and it starts to figure out that everything is safe to level up etc.

These cars are epic, but understanding them, with the help of this forum, is like 'pure written Manuka honey' its all good!
-and free!

Post #277093 22nd Aug 2014 1:17pm
kirton

£219 but I am getting free LPG services to the value of from the installer!! Smile

Post #277114 22nd Aug 2014 2:55pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1