Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > "Suspension Will Not Lower" - How to fix bulletin
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
pld118

Scotland 2014 Range Rover Vogue SDV6 Santorini Black
"Suspension Will Not Lower" - How to fix bulletin

Just trying to get to grips with my newly acquired IID tool and one of the faults showing up was this:

RLM Suspension "Unknown 1/1 C113A-64 ( 28 ) occur at 125897 km"

That km figure = 78,228 miles and is a figure that was reached a few months and a few thousand miles ago; and the car was at the main dealer last week for a couple of days for some unconnected works and yet no diagnostic fault codes were reported back to me at all.

"Suspension Will Not Lower" fault:
An internet search has found a possible cause of fault code C113A - 64 as being "Suspension Will Not Lower".

I'm not sure whether or not the brackets 28 figure displayed at the end of my IID fault code - C113A-64 ( 28 ) - means that what is displayed on mine is actually refers to a different type of suspension fault?

To try and assist anyone who clearly has this fault now or in future, here is the LR Technical Service Bulletin reference number describing how fault C113A - 64/ "Suspension Will Not Lower" fault can present and how to fix the fault:

TSB LTB00077
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzfengicpI...&hl=en

However, the suspension on ours, lowers, rises and otherwise all seems to work fine.

If ours wasn't working, I think the LR warranty would cover it although the replacement parts will probably be inexpensive and the TSB says the job should only take 3/4 of an hour (remove existing parts and replace compressor muffler, compressor dryer kit and 2 retaining clips).

I've cleared the fault code and so far it has not recurred but why would the code show up at that mileage specified by the IID tool if there wasn't a problem?

Thanks
Thumbs Up

Last edited by pld118 on 9th Oct 2014 2:53pm. Edited 2 times in total

Post #285224 9th Oct 2014 12:37pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

i think at that time there must have been a 'glitch' or you tried to lower/higher with the door open maybe.. ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #285230 9th Oct 2014 12:44pm
paulmoran2

England 2013 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Mariana Black

pld118.

Wouldnt you get that code if the vehicle is lifted off its wheels (during MOT or service work time) then access height selected (ie the airbags cannot lift a hung wheel as they need vehicle weight to de-inflate) then the level sensors would show no change in hight, then the fault would show....just a logical thought Thumbs Up GONE 2010 Facelifted 3.6 TDV8 - Stornoway Grey + 22" Overfinch Olympus
HAVE 1999 Discovery 2 GS 4.0 V8 - Silver - Off Road Toy
GONE 2013 L405 4.4 SDV8 Vogue. Black with Silver roofline and 22" s
HAVE 2015 Jaguar XF.

Post #285234 9th Oct 2014 12:48pm
pld118

Great, thanks for those replies Stan and Paul. What you both say does make sense as the time when it seems to have logged, coincides with my having the car jacked up, on axle stands with wheels off etc to remove brake pads.

Hopefully just a now cleared glitch.

Stand by for more daft IID resultant questions elsewhere!

Thank you

Thumbs Up

Post #285235 9th Oct 2014 12:53pm
T24RES

United Kingdom 

I've just had this problem with the car not lowering correctly, Sal too has the same issue. The exhaust muffler (as per tsb) on mine was choked. Cleaned and replaced, so far the problem has not re-occurred. The code is CLA13-64 http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic22136.html Ian

Post #285446 10th Oct 2014 9:37am
pld118

Hadn't seen that post T24RES and so whilst walking through my IID fault record, like you, I arrived at the same TSB and thought I'd amend my post title with key search words that would probably be easily picked up by future forum searches for the fault.

Thumbs Up

Post #285455 10th Oct 2014 10:57am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1