Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Full Suspension refersh
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
GraemeC

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Zermatt Silver
Full Suspension refersh

I’ve currently got a an issue with my drvier’s side front wheel – the first 3cm of the tyre is badly scrubbed on the outside, rest is fine

This is almost certainly because the tracking being out, but there is also a slight vibration when going round shallow corners on the motorway, so possibly a contribution from worn suspension components.

Having replace the front passenger side lower are approx. 2 years ago due to knocking and a similar slight wobble, I’m thinking it’s time to do the driver’s side as well.

I believe in preventative maintenance and putting the car in the garage, even for a day, is a hassle, hence I am thinking of doing a full suspension refresh in one go.

The car has done 101k miles and I’ve previously been advised the rear upper and lower bushes are worn, so I’m thinking:

Front – upper and lower arms, ARB drop links
Rear – upper and lower arms, shock absorbers (these feel worn so thought I may as well replace)

After that, I’ll get my four new Scorpion Zero’s fitted (currently in the cellar three weeks after purchase) and a proper 4 wheel laser alignment.

I’m no expert, so will have missed obvious bits which should also be changed - suggestions please on what other components would you change!

Thanks 2007 Zermatt Silver TDV8 Vogue SE - now sold but was a great car!

Post #288233 23rd Oct 2014 9:30am
Discotigger

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Orkney Grey

On the front upper arms (by which I assume you mean the track control arms) I'd also get the separate ball joints replaced. Bit of a PITA to do, but definately worth doing.
Would also get the track rod ends replaced on the steering rack, this will also help as the tracking will be done when they're replaced.

On the rear, I'm assuming you mean the upper and lower bushes, rather than the arms. Make sure you get new 'cam' bolts and 'cam' washers for the upper bushes, again will help with the tracking.

Post #288287 23rd Oct 2014 1:11pm
Joe90

England 

At the rear, no harm done by replacing the toe control arms also, this also means a new eccentric bolt and washer, but will also help with better tracking.

Not worth (the considerable effort!) replacing the inner wishbone bushes at the rear unless you detect any play. .
Experience is the only genuine knowledge, but as time passes, I have forgotten more than I can remember Wink
Volvo V70 P2 2006 2.4 Petrol 170bhp Estate SE
MG Midget Mk1 1962

Previous: L322 Range Rover TDV8 3.6 2008; L322 Range Rover TD6 3.0 2002; P38A Range Rover V8 1999

Post #288359 23rd Oct 2014 5:36pm
Stephen.125

2011 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

I'm doing the lower arms and track control arms on Saturday due to MOT failure, I would probably have done the upper hub bush as well, but haven't got a suitable bush puller set.

Got a great price on the kit thanks to Dan.

Thumbs Up

Post #288427 23rd Oct 2014 10:02pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1