Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > BONG! Now bleedin' what?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
mzplcg

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Corris Grey

Well mine's not OK Rolling Eyes

So far they've replaced an engine temperature sensor, battery charge control module, battery and now waiting on a fused loom to come from the factory. Might be ready on Monday with a bit of luck.

Oh and LR warranty are arguing about replacing the rear window despite half the heater elements not working since the tailgate was replaced. This really is becoming rather tiresome. Given I've already been without the car for a week you might think LR would be somewhat more accommodating since it worked fine before they screwed with it; clearly not. Sad

Post #311180 6th Feb 2015 3:30pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

is not one of your personnel friends in a prominent position in a LR dealership Dom? , can he not help.. ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #311183 6th Feb 2015 3:52pm
mzplcg

Yes, and that's where it is. The Senior Tech is doing the job but LR warranty (Genuine LR, not aftermarket) are being a bunch of arses. They've now formally refused to replace the rear glass saying the heater elements aren't covered when it clearly says the HRW is covered in the warranty book. Besides Stan, I really shouldn't have to resort to friends in high places; that just shows Land Rover up for what they are.

Anyway I've asked the warranty company to put it in writing so I can sue their useless skins.

And now I'm talking to Maidstone BMW about a 5 series GT. I really can't be fooked with LR any more. Sad that after 30 years of LR ownership (17 vehicles) I'm up to the back teeth with it. Everything's always a drama, customer service worse than I get in the pound shop and this really isn't the dealers, it's LR Warranty. The God-awful build quality doesn't help though, our local nursery school could probably do it better than Lode Lane. All the build quality of a cereal box.

LR. If you read this, sort your damn warranty company out !! It's shocking. (with a capital 'F') I do not spend several tens of thousands of pounds on your product to either
a. Drive a string of cr@ppy courtesy cars, or
b. Be told to sod off when something is blatantly covered.

Post #311194 6th Feb 2015 5:25pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

you sound well pished off Neutral ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #311196 6th Feb 2015 5:35pm
JOKER

Scotland 

Strange one , LR replaced my rear window when i was having problems with it when i had the FF ====================================

"Open Mike Night " sounded like a lot of fun until i found out i was going to an Autopsy

Post #311199 6th Feb 2015 5:39pm
mzplcg

stan wrote:
you sound well pished off Neutral

I'm done with LR Stan. It will be strange not having one on the drive after all this time but right now I could easily choke the living excrement out of them. Anyway, off to see that 5 Series tomorrow so let#s see what that brings.

Post #311200 6th Feb 2015 5:46pm
JOKER

Scotland 

I thought as well Dom not having one on the drive after 12 years ( not as long as you tho ) but you get used to it , part of me misses the FF but quite happy the now in the GL until something catches my eye ...

BMW 5 GT .... Sounds good 👍👍 ====================================

"Open Mike Night " sounded like a lot of fun until i found out i was going to an Autopsy

Post #311203 6th Feb 2015 6:15pm
mzplcg

We'll see Mick. Hard to imagine really although the more I think about it I really can't help thinking that being free of the constant uncertainty, the endless expense and the misery of dealing with Land Rover warranty can really only be a good thing. We shall see.

How is the GL by the way? I need a car which can pull the caravan, hence looking at the 5-GT, not the 3-GT. Hadn't thought about a Merc, mainly because my last 2 E classes were about as reliable as a LR product. And I can't bring myself to buy an X5. Not sure what else would fit really. Big van, 1900KG so needs a substantial towing machine.

Post #311213 6th Feb 2015 6:44pm
JOKER

Scotland 

Well the 420 GL that i got pulls like a train and for a diesel and size it can shift when floored helluva better kick down than the TDV8 i had.

It has 306bhp , can't remember what the FF had ....

Internal space wise is massive for a 7 seater , and when the very rear 2 seats are down the boot can hold a fair amount of stuff .

It's not a FF and i don't compare it to one but since having it i can honestly say i am more than happy with it ...

Its got a solid build feel to it , it has permanent all wheel drive , locking diffs , low ratio box, suspension sport setting or comfort setting ....

It'll pull your caravan with no problem but if you get the chance to drive one grab a shot of it ..

The only other Mercs i have had are CLK'S and C Class one's and never had any major problems with them , don't really know about the E-classes tho ...

Would i buy the new model GL over the L405 .... think i would .... Thumbs Up ====================================

Post #311217 6th Feb 2015 7:12pm
Sandyt

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Buckingham Blue

Not that it will be much use but I had an almighty run in with Landrover warranty and eventually they capitulated but it was bloody hard work far harder than it should have been
Do hope it gets sorted you just don't need this sort of sh*t

Post #311275 6th Feb 2015 10:56pm
mzplcg

Well, got it back on Thursday evening, finally rid of that hateful Gaylander, Yippee !!!

Erm, no. Here we are, Saturday night, off out for a nice meal with Mrs MZ. Pulled in for petrol, filled up, paid, got back in and the Fecker won't fekkin start Banging Head Banging Head

SERIOUSLY ????

TWO DAYS I've had it back, after THEY had it for 10 days fixing the Fekker. New battery, new looms, new charge module, countless other sh.ite that really SHOULDN'T BE BLOODY WRONG with a 4 year old car. Banging Head

So this will be the 5th recovery in 10 months. Wonder what crappy courtesy car awaits this time Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

And this time, just for good measure it's got me in deep sh.ite with the Wife. Genuinely, could you make this stuff up? It's like living in a damned soap opera. Big Cry

Post #312685 14th Feb 2015 9:55pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12