Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Off Topic > Brim full of hate!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
dan_uk_1984

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Tonga Green
Brim full of hate!

I usually don't read the Daily Mail, but they share my hatred of Mother and Child spaces:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-...paces.html 

Post #27614 9th Sep 2010 4:14pm
JOKER

Scotland 

Thumbs Up +1

Post #27615 9th Sep 2010 4:31pm
Fox

United Kingdom 

I like family spaces. It gives you more room to open the door on the FFRR compared to the silly little 'normal' spaces. Smile

Post #27618 9th Sep 2010 6:06pm
Tim in Scotland

Location: Somewhere between here and there, if not then I'm all at sea or at home in Scotland

2010 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

If my 80 year old mother forgets her disabled sign for the car then I used to park in the parent and child - I'm her 53 year old child................ The Hilters in the local Sainsbury were totally stumped the one and only time I pulled that one on them when they asked me to move. They couldn't deny my parking as at the time there was no mention that there were age restrictions on the age of the child or parent, recently the signs have changed to "parent and toddler" or something like that. Now I just park across 2 slots which also upsets them, but they cannot do anything about it 2018 Mini Countryman Cooper S E All4 PHEV in Melting Silver - it’s whisper quiet in EV and polluter modes

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on 9th Sep 2010 6:32pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #27623 9th Sep 2010 6:29pm
JOKER

Scotland 

As you get older your body starts to shrink then you "Toddle" now your a toddler Laughing Laughing

Post #27625 9th Sep 2010 6:32pm
andyw

England 2002 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Zermatt Silver

yep i love the family spaces i have 15 and 16 year old who never come shopping but i still use them as it stops door marks from other cars

but i do agree with the DM some people out there like prepherential parking just because they hve kids why?

just my oppinion 02 Range Rover HSE Zambezie silver 4.4

Post #27632 9th Sep 2010 6:50pm
iT LAD

United Kingdom 

I quite like the spaces, especially when your kids are young and can't walk. the extra space is nice. and I'm a lazy sod too... Laughing

I remember when I parked in 2 spaces in Waitrose car park in my RRS. When I came back to the car this women went absolutely mental, saying why I had to park my tractor in 2 spaces and calling me a selfish Censored Censored Censored Censored . She was right in my face.

The only reply I could muster (she caught me off guard) was are you a lesbian or something.... Not my best reply I know... Laughing It didn't help matters so just got in my car and drove off. I did give her a cheeky wave though as I drove past her....

Post #27634 9th Sep 2010 6:56pm
delamo

England 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Tonga Green

It always baffles me why those responsible insist parking spaces at these places are always at 90 degree right angles to how vehicles approach them.

Regardless of how big various cars are these days, surely it would be a better idea to have each marked bay at more of an angle (lets say 45 degrees) to allow cars to simply steer/swing into the bay they chose, and likewise just as simple when you leave the space.

Whenever I choose to venture into these places I always witness someone trying to negotiate a 150 point turn to line their car up to fit their chosen space.

I'm sure others on this site will agree how daft the argument of driving a big vehicle, like a Range Rover, serves us right - if we have to struggle parking etc. Wink

Rather... we cherish the cars we have decide to own and take reasonable care and consideration for others when driving/parking them - We have a better visibility than most other 'small' cars - With the advantages of parking sensors and rear view cameras which are fitted as standard on more recent models we probably find them easier to park in a standard space than those who don't have this equipment...

...despite having had these luxuries myself - I still haven't got used to using them however! - I usually adopt the 'arm cuddling the passenger seat whilst looking over my shoulder technique and that works fine for me.

We don't drive cars with less than 2 inches of space between other cars in every day motoring on our roads - so what does it matter how big our cars are really? - I don't believe your average London Black Cab occupies any less space than a Range Rover IMHO - and as for safety, I would rather be in a Rangey than any smaller car in an accident.

Embarassed Hummpf - rant over! What were we talking about again? Whistle

Post #27639 9th Sep 2010 7:25pm
iT LAD

United Kingdom 

delamo wrote:
Embarassed Hummpf - rant over! What were we talking about again? Whistle

F Censored Censored k knows... Laughing Laughing

Post #27640 9th Sep 2010 7:28pm
JOKER

Scotland 

iT LAD wrote:

F Censored Censored k knows... Laughing Laughing

What's that Nasal Sex ......... Laughing

Post #27641 9th Sep 2010 7:36pm
delamo

iT LAD wrote:
...I remember when I parked in 2 spaces in Waitrose car park in my RRS. When I came back to the car this women went absolutely mental, saying why I had to park my tractor in 2 spaces and calling me a selfish Censored Censored Censored Censored . She was right in my face.

The only reply I could muster (she caught me off guard) was are you a lesbian or something.... Not my best reply I know... Laughing...

HaHaHa Laughing

I once dropped the mrs and the boys off at Tesco's once and then returned to pick them up a short while later when they had finished - after daring to venture into a Mother and child space upon my return, I was followed into the shop by someone who had witnessed my terrible deed Rolling Eyes

After a short verbal reprimand by this person in front of all the other shoppers - admittedly, I was also caught off guard, just like you were iT LAD Thumbs Up

What worked for me was a sharp loud 'F Censored K OFF !' - Surprised myself as much as him really Laughing

He was even more flummoxed when I returned to the car with my young family - after he having reported my misdemeanor to some bewildered trolley assistant outside - Tosser!!!

Post #27642 9th Sep 2010 7:41pm
iT LAD

United Kingdom 

nice one... Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #27644 9th Sep 2010 8:20pm
Paul J.

England 

I wouldn't dream of parking across two spaces Evil or Very Mad

Paul

Post #27664 9th Sep 2010 10:24pm
DMRR

South Africa 2009 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Kind of related, something that happened to me in 2006 in my 4.2 SC ...

Quote:
Lunchtime. Take the Range Rover out to Tesco for fuel and a bit of a rough wash to get the mud and salt off it.

Park up and enter Tesco to get some food.

Wander out....what's this? I spot someone putting something under the wiper of Bagheera. I speed up a bit and catch up with the person. At this point please note I am wearing an Anthrax tour shirt....

Me : "Hi...what's that you put on that 4x4?"

Note sudden worried look, then the up, down, ah he's not the owner look.

Hugger : "A flyer to explain to them how they are destroying the planet <and>"

Me : "Oh....I wonder if they will take any notice? What sort of person drives a car like that anyway?"

Hugger : "Rich t*ats. You know the sort....too stuck up to realise what damage they are doing."

Me : "I'd never thought of that, is that why you want them banned?"

Hugger : "Yes. They should buy smaller and more fuel efficient vehicles that are not so dangerous to pedestrians."

Me : "Ok...as a matter of interest, where can I get these flyers and what car do you drive?"

Hugger points over yonder to an MPV!?! Hugger then explains about the anti-urban 4x4 stuff.

Me : "You have a people carrier, how is that any different?"

Hugger : "It doesn't cost as much!"

Me : "Understood". Cue HUGE grin.

At this point I unlock Bagheera, remove the offending fake ticket, inform the hugger I am going to report her for littering, and thank her for giving me her numberplate.

The look on her face. Absolutely CLASSIC. I wish I'd had the foresight to take a pic with my phone.....
 Land Rover Addict
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Previous
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
2009 5.0V8SC Autobiography
2006 4.2V8SC Autobiography
2004 4.4V8 Vogue

Post #27665 9th Sep 2010 10:36pm
delamo

Cool Nicely played Thrasher

I am not to sure how true it is but I was told the legend of a group of anti 4x4 muppets who had chained themselves to the front doors of a Land Rover dealership in protest at them selling our preffered mode of transport in recent years...

...not sure of the exact details? but apparently during their little protest, and with the assistance of the police who were attending to the demo, the dealership somehow managed to challenge the protesters and tested the Co2 gasses of the old Transit minibus they all turned up in...

...as it turned out, the pollution coming from their chosen mode of transport was much more than any Land Rover, or Range Rover which were occupying the dealerships forecourt!

I know who the dealership was supposed to be, but don't wish to mention any names - just in case it didn't actually happen - but it would be nice to know if it did!

What about re-posting that TV appearance you made Thrasher - Keep fighting the fight and all that Thumbs Up

Post #27666 9th Sep 2010 11:03pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>