Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > confused, eas issue
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Welshdragon

Wales 2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Monte Carlo Blue
confused, eas issue

Not sure where to jump with this but will ask for some advice fellas and apologies for another eas thread, I have searched the net and here on FFrr for some inspiration but one day think its compressor, the next think its valve block, then another its all working fine and dandy so cant be either. Confused

Ok issue is eas throws up a fault intermittently for a while, Ive not really pin pointed it down to compressor or even the valve block hence me asking here now.

last night while coming home, started the FF and drove less than a quarter mile the message pops up ( no bong warning just shows in message display), drove home fine and when parked up I tried to clear fault....no luck as dark and wanted a pint as work was...well interesting!

So this morning, what I have done is cleared the fault with iid, did my access to off road height time which is in another thread and was 1min 27 sec, so within time for my compressor ( hence me thinking not this, but) compressor not getting hot and cutting out and res pressure cut out at max 188 psi, so all is well there.

Now after all this reading and clearing the faults - EAS - pressure static when filling and LCM - ox57 air sup active/inactive, when turning engine off the message display shows up air sup inactive and the bong.

Start her up again re connect iid, look at the fault in eas...no fault stored, but in the lcm ox57 and air sup active/inactive shows...why is this and what could be the issue here?

I have cleared the hid light ( L & R) thinking this might be linked to self levelling but probably nothing to do with eas any how.

There are NO leaks in the pipe work or the bags that I can see and she does not sit lower over night ( but will double check tonight with some tape when she in off road hight)

Confused yes as this might not happen for 2 weeks or 6 weeks or longer....but then might do this issue on my way to work this afternoon!!

I have read Tims thread in great detail when he had issues with the eas ( I had changed the pressure switch too back then thinking this was the problem) and I know he has sorted the ff but im not convinced my compressor is poofed....yet.

The other thing is and might be just reading too much into it, when ( seem too but not always) the mrs is sat in the passenger seat the FF throws up the eas, same fault, 'pres static when filling' ( I know, should let here walk next time Laughing )

also read this too

http://www.landyzone.co.uk/lz/f10/static-w...07207.html

I don't want to buy the compressor or the valve block until I know which is at fault as Mrs WD will have my Censored on the plate if it was the wrong part to replace, specially as I just fork out for new tailgate this last month Laughing

Sorry for the long thread guys, not normally me. Embarassed If it dont work.......burn it!

If the IId tool cant fix it.......burn the FF.

If the FF cant be fixed......buy a Land Cruiser!

If the LC cant be fixed..............................................BUY a horse !!

Post #321573 7th Apr 2015 10:20am
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

How old is your battery WD?

I know it might seem daft but, start with the basics... If its intermittent, it maybe when you have not used the car for 24hrs longer than normal? Just a thought Whistle

Post #321578 7th Apr 2015 10:26am
Welshdragon

hmm, I know what you mean, new battery fitted November 2013 Craig, surely cant be that.....can it? will give it a charge thinking about it, not done for a while.

Edited, just tested battery, FF unlocked all morning, opened bonnet and battery ......11.99 volts....enough to start yes but will get issues I guess at this voltage as my journey to work and back not that far! on charge now so....if it is battery happy days....but we'll see Wink If it dont work.......burn it!

If the LC cant be fixed..............................................BUY a horse !!

Post #321584 7th Apr 2015 10:38am
Haylands

England 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

I'm with Craig, if it's showing the fault in the LCM then I bet it's down to low volts being interpreted by the LCM as a fault.

11.99 is too low, if I am in and out of mine all day with the lights on and off it drops from the normal 12.6 to 12.3

Test the alternator output, should be around 14.2 - 14.6 after the engine has been running for a few mins.... Pete

2002 L322 Vogue 4.4 V8 Epson Green, Ivory over Aspen Interior (Fatty Offroader) Sold
-Click for Project Fatty off roader-

Post #321655 7th Apr 2015 5:45pm
Joe90

England 

May be the battery/charging circuit, but more likely you need to change your compressor Thumbs Up .
Experience is the only genuine knowledge, but as time passes, I have forgotten more than I can remember Wink
Volvo V70 P2 2006 2.4 Petrol 170bhp Estate SE
MG Midget Mk1 1962

Previous: L322 Range Rover TDV8 3.6 2008; L322 Range Rover TD6 3.0 2002; P38A Range Rover V8 1999

Post #321711 7th Apr 2015 11:38pm
Meerbusch

United Kingdom 

@Joe90, better both parts.... TDV8 4.4 from 2012, 278.000km like new + Lancia Flavia Coupe 1964 + RRS L494 3.0 SDV6 + C220CDI Convertible 2021

Post #321717 8th Apr 2015 1:11am
Joe90

England 

Wink Mr. Green .
Experience is the only genuine knowledge, but as time passes, I have forgotten more than I can remember Wink
Volvo V70 P2 2006 2.4 Petrol 170bhp Estate SE
MG Midget Mk1 1962

Previous: L322 Range Rover TDV8 3.6 2008; L322 Range Rover TD6 3.0 2002; P38A Range Rover V8 1999

Post #321817 8th Apr 2015 5:30pm
Welshdragon

While after a good charge and a recheck on alternator out put, iid shows between 13.2 - 13.8volts and my volt meter at the battery 13.8/9 while ticking over with no load, not so clever if it's ment to be at between 14.2 and 14.6 Confused

If it dont work.......burn it!

Post #321923 9th Apr 2015 3:00pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

mine is always at 14volts exactly and i've had no problems starting or with the suspension, so your voltage aint that far of mine. ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #321928 9th Apr 2015 3:22pm
Haylands

England 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Hate to say it but that's what mine read for a few weeks before it packed up.... spurious faults kept popping up, then one day I smelt that lovely electrical burning smell and the ign light came on, battery power got me 10miles home, fitted Bosch recon alternator and it now sits at 14.2 most of the time... It does vary thought as it's a variable output alternator but never got to 14v (I've got a permanent voltmeter inside) when it was failing...

Maybe the later ones are supposed to be a bit lower Stan... Pete

2002 L322 Vogue 4.4 V8 Epson Green, Ivory over Aspen Interior (Fatty Offroader) Sold
-Click for Project Fatty off roader-

Post #321944 9th Apr 2015 5:10pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

dunno pete, maybe....it all works and starts ok so 'if it aint broken' .......................[famous last words Mr. Green ] ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #321963 9th Apr 2015 7:04pm
Welshdragon

fingers crossed I say....but if it an't broke and all that.... Whistle Whistle

But thanks for the heads up Pete, I will keep a close eye on that for a while.

Just bought a compressor too just in case too.....( knowing my luck at the moment it will be alternator and valve block as well as compressor) Laughing If it dont work.......burn it!

Post #321991 9th Apr 2015 10:52pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1